Finding the Next One

He Broke My Heart. Now We Are Married.

 

Hello old and new subscribers and readers and commenters!
Haha finally a chapter on their married life. Not really much on their married life yet though. More to come up soon!
Meanwhile, hope you enjoy this chapter!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

He downed the glasses of champagne on my behalf, that’s why he’s now…so…drunk. Krystal thought to herself as she stared at a KO-ed Taemin. Undeniable, as she peered at him even more closely, that he’s so pretty, prettier than her, prettier than…any other girl that she knew. Thankfully she knew how to drive, or else they might end up stranded in the large hall where they had their wedding dinner, considering the unavailability of taxis during the peak hours. Yes, late night peak hours. She had parked her car at their new house. Yes, new house. It’s not really amazing, considering that they’re now lawfully married. A couple should own a house of their own, right?

Yet the new difficulty possessed was her bringing him back to their house. Though it is true that the distance isn’t that bad, probably just 20 steps away? I don’t know, it really depends on how large your strides are, but things do get a little tricky when you have to carry someone along with you in your steps. In this case for Krystal, Taemin is that someone. And he’s a guy, so he’d probably weigh tons more than her.

Challenge accepted! Krystal told herself in her head. She uttered a soft “hwaiting!” to herself and began to pick Taemin up from his car seat. She tried pulling him out of the car by tugging on his long muscular arms but somehow she did miscalculate her strength, as well as his weight, for he practically leaned himself against her as his feet touched the ground and the overwhelming weight nearly caused her to fall to the ground.

Then again, thankfully she didn’t fall, or else he could have fallen along with her, and then there would be an additional trouble pulling him up again

DAMNNNN I didn’t know he’s such a weight! How am I going to…get him back into our house? Krystal thought to herself.

She wrapped her arm around his shoulders and tugged his other arm with her other hand, hoping to be able to move him, at the very least.

He moved! He appeared to be staggering in his footsteps, but at least he’s moving! Krystal told herself and a glitter of hope came into her. She decided that she could perhaps try talking to him so that he’d probably…move? Yea, that’s what you heard from others, that even when a person is drunk, he’s still partly sober.

“Taemin, we’re reaching, just hold on for a few more steps, arasso?” She tried talking to him.

“Mmm…” He replied, still staggering in his footsteps.

Taemin’s POV:

This is actually pretty fun, seeing her trying to drag me back into the house.
Whoops, did my thoughts get caught by you all readers?
Alright, I’ll confess here then, since she’d probably be unable to see this: my drunken state is faked.
Then again, I would like to clarify here that it was not intentional! Alright, you guys wouldn’t believe me. Let me recap the incidents here:

I was feeling rather tired from the over-hosting of the random guests. I mean, I don’t even know some of them there! >< so I was trying to take a break and therefore laid down on one of the seats for the guests while the person was probably trying to gather around with his or her other friends also at the event.

“Omo, Taemin, why are you here?” A voice spoke to me.

“Mm…” I replied, reluctant to even open my mouth and reply. That was how exhausted I felt, especially after having to toast N times with the random guests, and yea, I downed Krystal’s share of her champagne for her; it just doesn’t seem adequate to see her trying to force the drinks down especially when she seemed like she’s pretty much feeling tortured about it and I’m on the reverse, the one that can hold my liquor extremely well. I mean, HELLO, I’m I used to be the Greatest Playboy Lee Taemin, so how could it be possible that I cannot even finish a dozen of champagne bottles?

“Omo, he seems drunk.” The voice muttered to herself, then, “Krystal dear!” She called out.

Afterwards was panicky footsteps as I saw her, still clad in her wedding gown, approach me. Okay what am I seriously saying now, OF COURSE she would still be in her wedding gown!

“Yah, Lee Taemin!” She shook my shoulders. But it doesn’t mean that because it’s her I would give her a proper reply.

“Mmm…” I continued.

“Krystal dear, I think he’s drunk. You will need to bring him back.”

“Arasso,” she replied, sounding pretty much worn-out as well.

So they found an excuse to allow us to leave first, though by right we are the main characters we aren’t supposed to leave so early. I was partly awake so there are some things that I’m unaware as well, but I’m pretty sure that there was a particular someone who isn’t Krystal, who dragged me into the car.

That’s why I’m not surprised that she’s having a difficulty getting me into the house.

End Taemin POV.

So finally, with the help of Taemin’s consciousness Krystal managed to get them back into the house. This was the very first time they had seen their house, and it can be considered to be rather…well prepared, with all the necessary furniture ready.

Krystal dropped him on the sofa and she herself collapsed on top of him when his weight pulled her down along. However, Krystal was too tired to bother about the intimate skinship as he somehow wrapped his arms around her waist as she lie on top of him.

He’s drunk, so it should be fine. Not like he’d remember or anything. Krystal thought to herself as he tightened his arms around her.

Just today, I’m not going to care about anything. Krystal decided in her head and closed her eyes, leaning on his chest just as Taemin was trying to peek at the surroundings.

Taemin’s POV:

The couch feels good J
Oh wait, she’s already asleep?
Hmm I think so… her breathing seems to be slower than normal.
This actually feels good.

Taemin closed his eyes.

And Krystal opened hers in the late morning.

She was instantly greeted by a sleeping face in extremely close proximity. It’s like; they would have kissed if she had fidgeted in her position. That was exactly how close they were.

“Omo,” Krystal stared frozen in her position. He was too close for her fragile heart. Then, she slowly inched away from him, flashbacks replaying in her mind: how they used to hug, and share a kiss or two.

Ani! Krystal mentally chided herself. You’re not going to fall for this person again!
But what should I do? She thought to herself.
And then an idea came into her mind.

When Taemin woke up she was nowhere to be seen.
Where could she be? He thought to himself.
No message, no post-it notes…shouldn’t she at least inform me of her whereabouts? I’m her husband after all!
Oh wait, Lee Taemin, are you seriously liking this whole idea of husband and wife thing, that you’re totally practicing it?
How could it be? I’m Lee Taemin, HELLO!!! How could it be! Scratch that whole statement away! I’m not worried and irritated by her absence!!!

Okay…maybe I am.
But that’s because shelookssosmallandpetiteandwillprobablygetkidnappedbysomeeit’sgotnothingtodowithlove!
Oh damn! Why am I even bringing up the topic about love?
Seriously Lee Taemin, you’re going crazy. The marriage has screwed your brain so badly.
I knew that something like marriage is a NG!

Then again, no matter how his mental struggles went about, truth is he did put on a coat and left the house.
But it’s still uncertain if he’s going out in search of her or to do something unrelated to her.

Just at the same time, Krystal was seated in a café with a decent looking guy opposite her. Oh wait, I do not mean that Taemin looks indecent! Please do not misread the sentence ><

“Mianhae, calling you out early in the morning,” Krystal told the guy.

“It’s alright. I’m honoured to be called by you, I’m serious.” He replied.

Someone it just doesn’t sound serious from him. Krystal laughed at his reply.

“Mm…actually…I have a favour to ask from you,” Krystal broached the topic.

“Which is?”

“Mm…I need a fake boyfriend.” She said.

“Bwoh?” He sounded astonished.

“Erhm…I know it really sounds weird. It’s alright if you don’t feel comfortable about it. Well, I got to go now…” Krystal blurted the sentences and was already standing up preparing to leave, when he replied… “Sure.”

“Bwoh?” Now it was Krystal’s turn to be shocked.

“I say, I am fine with the idea, very fine with it.” He continued with a smile.

“Gomawo.”

Who knows? He might be my next one. Krystal thought to herself.
I should give myself a chance, as well as give him a chance. Krystal knew his tiny little crush on her ever since they worked together at Choiison, but that time she was busy getting over the heartache brought about from the breakup with Taemin, therefore she could not make any response to him, and to help the situation he never really did initiate something obvious, so things were actually pretty fine.

But now, she has to cope with Lee Taemin in their house. That is just…so undesirable because she knew that even though the influence he had on her had diminished by leaps from 2 years ago, there is a very high probability that she might fall for him again, and only to be faced with another heartbreak.

Therefore, she needs someone for her to notice, to divert her attention towards, and he was the right one.

I’m sorry for dragging you into this, but thanks. Krystal thought to herself as she turned her gaze towards him. They were now shopping in a mall after their short café break.

“Omo, this is nice!” Krystal locked her arms with his as she dragged him to one accessory shop.

“Hi Miss, you have really good judgement here. These couple key chains are the newest designs we have here. You may get your early Valentine Day’s present here.” The salesgirl promoted the shop’s products.

“Aniya…we aren’t…” Krystal was about to explain when he cut in, “we’ll take a look.” Krystal turned towards him with a puzzled look as he continued, “let’s just act all the way, couple key chains are a must.”

Krystal nodded when she understood his intentions. Indeed, the best way to foster a relationship is when they each have a complementing item to the other.

Maybe that’s why he rejected buying a couple bracelets that time. Krystal thought to herself as memories keep flooding back into her mind.
Aniya! Krystal, stop thinking about those old times stuff. Things have changed. You have changed. We have changed. Wait, he has changed. There are no more we.

“We’ll get this design.” Krystal pointed to a key chain of exquisite design, with jewels studded at the borders of the silver plate where the name is carved onto.

“May I know your names?” The salesgirl inquired.

They wrote down their names.

When Krystal got back home she was all smileys, staring at her phone all time. Oh wait the phone key chain to be more exact, what she was actually staring at.

“Where have you been?” Taemin asked from the couch.

“Just hanging out…” she replied while thinking that this is so unlike Taemin, to be worried about someone’s whereabouts. He doesn’t even care that much when we were together. Krystal proceeded to head to the room when Taemin’s reply sounded in her head.

“Yah, next time, inform me or something.”

Hmm…maybe I will, if I am feeling good. She thought to herself as she continued to stare at her phone discreetly. Yup, feeling good, she told herself.

After a whole day out, Krystal rested on the bed and fell asleep soon.

That was when Taemin stealthily entered the room. Oh wait, not exactly stealthily, since it was their room to begin with. Ever since he saw her enter the main door he had been seeing her staring at her phone and smiling to herself.

So now, he’s adamant to know what’s in the phone.

Taemin’s POV:
Password? How would I know what password? Aish! Why did she set a password to her phone? Like how would I know what 4 numbers it would be?
Then again, it wasn’t meant for me to know.
Hmm…let’s try this set of numbers…
Not my birthday? What about hers?
Not her birthday? Wait! Could it be…!!!
Not our marriage day? Aishhhhhh what other numbers are there?
Not our break up day? Oh wait, how could it ever be that number? =.=
Not our get together day? Oh wait, how did I even remember that day? Oh my god this is crazyyy!
Not our friendship day? What else is more important than that?
I…I cannot think of anymore numbers…
Oh wait, what is this thing glittering at the side?
K-rystal? Why is there a freaking hyphen between the K and R?
Oh wait, the crystals looks great at the side. Great taste here Jung Soojung!
Oh wait, I should ask her where she made this, so that I can make a similar one, it looks awesomely pretty!
Oh wait, why would I make a similar one? Wouldn’t that make us have…couple key chains? NO WAY!
But…it’s so pretty. Heck it I’m going to make a similar one.
NOOOOOOO! It’s NOT my inner desires! Shoo! The other weird side of me!
Gosh this other weird side of me keep infiltrating my mind with ideas that I’m growing to love her. Like LOVE. What a joke!
Oh wait, there’s something carved at the bottom. It’s carved so small I almost could not see it! “Mr and Ms K” Hmm okay, that’s pretty cool ^^
WAIT A MINUTE, Mr and Ms K??? WHO ARE THEY???
Ms K is probably her, but what does it seriously mean with a Mr K?
Couple key chains
SHE DID COUPLE KEYCHAINS WITH SOME RANDOM ELSE? SOME RANDOM GUY WHOSE NAME STARTS WITH K? WHAT’S SO COOL ABOUT THE ALPHABET K? >:(
AND WHO DARES TO MAKE COUPLE KEYCHAINS WITH HER HELLO??? DOESN’T HE KNOW SHE’S MARRIED TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?
Okay…why am I getting so agitated about this?
Love…love…love…
SHOOOOO away! Stop giving me weird ideas!
Love…love…love…
YAHHHH I said SHOOOO AWAYYYYYY!
Okay… I’m going crazy. THIS IS CRAZYYYYYYY!
I should just forget about this whole keychain incident…
HOW CAN I FORGET ABOUT IT!!! I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHO IS THAT MR K? He must be tired of living…yea soooooo tired of living hurhur…
I’M SO GOING TO INTERROGATE HER WHEN SHE WAKES UP!

End Taemin’s POV.

So he stared at her sleeping figure with rather…fiery eyes…not exactly fury at her, but rather, more towards the Mr K, and maybe just a bit of anger towards her, for allowing that Mr K to make couple key chains with her.

I mean, you can’t really be mad at someone you love right?
Taemin: YAHHHH IT’S NOT LOVEEEEEEE!!!
Okay okay…let’s keep it at like then, since he’s pretty oblivious to his feelings at the moment.
Taemin: It’s NOT LIKE!!! It’s just…
Just what?
Taemin: just…just because she’s my WIFE!
See, he’s using the wife word again. Admit it Lee Taemin!
Taemin: Admit what?
Never mind. It’s better for you to find out yourself. *inserts smirk*

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And you may guess who Mr K is XD It should be pretty easy XDD