Everything is clear. What’s left is the next step.

He Broke My Heart. Now We Are Married.

 

Thanks for all the comments and new subscribers HELLO!

Been a long time since I actually had time to write a proper Author's Note LOL. Or I meant still awake enough for A/N cos I tend to finish the chapters at some untimely hour usually :/

HAHA glad you guys liked the previous one. I enjoyed writing about Jjong as well. He's just...this bit of hilarious plus interesting and he's just confused. He's one of my favourite characters! I like the way he is.

And yes I don't know why but Key is like forever the middle guy. Okay, he'll get his fair share of actual love line next time XD

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this too! It's approaching the end soon! At least Taestal will get together soon. Not sure about the rest though.

______________________

Krystal’s POV:

“Hey, I’m really sorry!”

Mmm…there’s a girl apologising to someone behind us? Then again it’s not really my business…

“Eh?”

“You don’t remember me?”

“Why do I need to remember you?”

“Eh?”

Now it’s the girl’s turn to be confused. Now why am I exactly eavesdropping on? The whole conversation just sounds so weird and hilarious.

“You are Lee Taemin, right?” the girl asked.

Eh? She’s talking to Taemin?

No wonder it feels like he had disappeared for a bit too long.

I turned around.

The first thing that I noticed is that the girl is really pretty.

And I somewhat minded it.

Taemin’s POV:

Yes I am Lee Taemin, but who is she?

“Who are you?”

“Do you remember bumping into a girl that other day?”

“…and the girl gripped me around…that time?” I asked. That’s the most impressionable encounter I had if you are going to talk about me bumping into any girl.

“Ahh…I’m really sorry about it! I really thought she was your girlfriend or something…”

Oh right. Now I remember everything. She’s that ridiculous girl, oh god.

“It’s okay…”

“It’s not okay! I made this for you, take it as compensation please!”

She bowed 90 degrees handing me a bento.

I chucked slightly. It’s quite an interesting sight, undeniably. Who bows 90 degrees in today’s era? XD

“Okay.” I replied, taking the bento from her hands.

“Kamsamida!” She smiled while thanking me. Well, I never got the logic for her thanking, but still accepted it nevertheless.

“Thanks for the bento too.” I chuckled in my reply.

Krystal’s POV:

Wait a minute, are they flirting in front of me?!

She’s smiling at him, and he’s smiling back, and they seem to be conversing with their eyes… such an eyesore; as if there’s no one else beside them.

As if I’m non-existent.

I left my seat to approach the duo, who probably does not even know that I have been eyeing their every movement.

“Taemin-goon,” I linked my arms around his, “what are you taking so long for? Everyone’s waiting for you.”

“Krystal?”

“Ne ne, now you need to get yourself some decent food.” I continued.

“Oh, I have this.” He looked at the bento from that woman.

“Aish, how much nutrients can that bento give? I’ll go find food with you.” I protested.

“Now, may we excuse ourselves?” I smiled at the woman. It was a subtle greeting, and definitely a subtle means of displaying my existence.

Taemin’s POV:

Tell anyone about it and no one would believe this: Krystal was dragging me away from this random girl that I had a random encounter with.

It appeared as if she was jealous or something. Jealous, are you kidding me? She likes Key hyung, even though the latter is engaged to her sister.

Aish! Lee Taemin, stop thinking so much. She’s just probably trying to…

Exactly what she is trying to do? Nothing makes sense for me except…jealousy.

“Krystal,” I stopped in my tracks. She stopped her movements as well.

“Why did you drag me away from her?”

Her eyes drifted elsewhere upon hearing my question.

Krystal’s POV:

. How am I going to reply him?

“Yah! You should stop flirting around!”

“Who was the one that approved my returning to be a playboy, in order to get together with her Key oppa?” He retorted, boring into my eyes.

He is right. I was the one.

So why am I so hurt about it?

“Yahh…me and Key oppa…we broke up.”

“Bwoh?”

“YAH! I SAID WE BROKE UP!”

Then again, we were never really together.

Taemin’s POV:

They broke up?

“Krystal…” she ran off before I could ask her more about the breakup.

Perhaps it was due to Key hyung’s engagement?

Then…wouldn’t she be hurt a second time?

I cannot let her suffer the heartbreak again, I need to find her.

So I sped off after her.

Krystal’s POV:

Here I am, seated on a bench in a rather deserted area in the campus, pondering over matters.

So I came into a conclusion: I guess I still love Taemin.

Is heaven playing a trick on us? When I loved him he was a playboy. When I moved on from him he likes me. When I guessed I still loved him he has already given me up.

It’s probably a sign that we’re not fated to be.

Sigh.

“Krystal?”

I turned around. I thought I did hear someone calling me.

*Baby I know this is all a dream~*

Lee Taemin

He’s at the other end of the line.

Should I answer? What if he probes further about what happened just now?”

*But Baby, oh please, don’t leave me!*

I continued to stare the phone screen.

Lee Taemin

His life entangled with mine, like a piece of joke, in the most ridiculous manner ever.

*Dream Girl! Seems like I can touch you but I can’t~*

Ignoring the fact about Dream Girl, the lyrics actually make sense in the creepiest way ever for our predicament.

We’re married, but not exactly married (if you know what I mean).

*Dream Girl, every night I wait for you like this~*

I was perhaps, waiting for some change.

*Dream Girl, you sweetly whisper love to me~*

Sometimes you would be really nice to me. Maybe those were the times that I slowly fell for you again, bit by bit.

*Then you disappear in the morning, dream girl!*

But those things never lasted. Just like an illusion.

What a joke.

“Krystal!”

A half panting sound was heard from behind, the same exact person that called my name.

That all too familiar voice of his, I can even recognise without turning back.

What a joke. He’s the one that finds me.

I turned around.

“Taemin.”

I was enveloped in a hug.

 “Are you alright? I’m sorry for making you remember about your breakup. I didn’t mean to do so. I was just… Forget it. Just don’t think about it alright? I’ll be here for you if you need someone to talk to…as in, as friends; as housemates.”

He rambled on, probably not realising how his words came out muffled and almost hard to comprehend.

I nodded briefly in his arms.

Just let me stay in his comfort for a little more while, even though this is just going to be temporary.

As friends, as housemates.

Exactly, that’s what we can only be.

Fate is playing a really nice trick on us.

Taemin’s POV:

She retreated from my arms after a while.

“I guess we should head back. Sulli and the rest are probably worried sick.”

*DREAM GIRL!*

“Minho hyung? Oh, nothing. We’re heading back now.” I spoke into the phone.

Krystal’s POV:

We even have the same ringtone. That’s a really nice joke played here, heaven.

“Should we head back?” He smiled at me after placing his phone in his pocket.

I nodded, trying to give a smile in return.

I hope he doesn’t see that it’s a forced smile.

Taemin’s POV:

Even her smile looks forced. I guess I need to talk to Key hyung.

...

“You guys are finally back!” Sulli exclaimed when we reappeared in the canteen.

“Wow Taemin, is that a bento?” Minho hyung continued from his wife.

“Oh ya, Taemin, so who gave you the bento?” Sulli chirped on from where Minho had stopped; a mischievous tone in her words.

“Wow, so who was it?” Minho added from where Sulli ended.

“Exactly…I’m so curious yea~” Sulli suddenly started singing, “so who is it?”

“Come on Taemin, tell us!”

“Exactly, don’t try to hide it from us.”

Aish! This engaged duo!

“Ya! Taemin ah, why are you standing and not sitting?” Key hyung appeared from behind, a tray of noodles in his hands.

Just the right person I was looking for!

“Key hyung, I need a word with you.” I looked at him, talking in a slightly serious tone.

“Alright…let me put down this…”

“Hyung, I cannot wait! NOW!” so I dragged him away; him and his tray of noodles.

Key’s POV:

WHAT? He just sounds so desperate that it’s freaking me out.

It’s like as if…a woman needing her…*cough* needs *cough* you know?

But this isn’t right! We’re 2 freaking men!

Or had all the jokes made by Sulli came true? I’m getting a boyfriend instead of a girlfriend?

Wait! Taemin is freaking married! Or did he just realise that he’s actually gay as in gay for me?

OH MY GOD I don’t need a second man to freak me out, the first being Mr Kim, yes that very Mr Kim that has the same surname as me.

Okay chill…KIM KIBUM CHILL!

Taemin should be straight; 99% straight.

(But what about that 1%?)

1 percent is too small to make an impact!

“Hyung!”

“WHAT?” I screamed in shock, the plate of noodles slightly displaced after the sudden jerk of my hands.

Aish! He didn’t even give me time to put down my freaking noodles. Thank goodness they are dry ones.

“Why…”

Why…? Why what?

“Why…”

LEE TAEMIN JUST SPIT OUT THE WHOLE SENTENCE! MY ARMS ARE ACHING FROM THE HOLDING OF THE TRAYYYYY!

Taemin’s POV:

“Why…”

Should I be confronting him like that? I mean, it’s not exactly my business…

But heck! It’s all about Krystal’s happiness!

So I took in a deep breath and continued my sentence.

“Why… Hyung, why did you break up with Krystal?”

“Mm…we don’t suit each other, so we broke up. Simple?”

How can he reply in such a carefree tone?

Didn’t he see how hurt she looked?

Or perhaps she had hidden her expressions from him? That’s how much she loves him, enough to not make him worry.

“But hyung, she loves you so much!”

“No, she doesn’t.”

She doesn’t?

How could it be possible?

I mean, she was all smileys when seeking my approval to go out with him because I was the husband legally and even agreed to let me restate my playboy status; that very status she hated in me perhaps.

“No, she loves you!” I repeated my words.

“Yah Lee Taemin, she doesn’t!”

“Hyung!”

“Wae? Can we get done with this my hands are aching!” he complained.

Whoops.

“Okay hyung, she loves you.”

He gave a hysteric laugh.

“Look, Taemin, if that’s all you want from me, she doesn’t love me. She knew it for herself. I don’t know what’s with all the insisting that you’re making, but I guess you care for her, right?”

I nodded.

“Great. So as for the person she likes, you can try to find it out for yourself. You might be pleasantly surprised, because you don’t really have to look around to find.”

What?

I don’t have to look around?

Minho hyung? No, he’s engaged, that leaves him out.

Who else? Key hyung, Minho hyung, me, and…there’s no one else.

Does that mean?

Pleasantly surprised

Does it really mean that way?

“Key hyung, does it mean it’s…” I patted my chest lightly, indicating myself.

“FULL MARKS!” Key hyung replied in a lively tone.

“So I guess I can put down that freaking tray right now?” he continued.

WHOOPS.

“Yes. I’m sorry…hyung…” I replied.

“Sorry for that tray? No worries.” He joked and headed towards that crowded table once again.

Wow. What a pleasant surprise.

I smiled inwardly to myself.

Now it’s all about getting her back.

“So…who gave the bento, Lee Taemin?” Sulli continued her bugging.

“Yea don’t think you can run away from this topic. Key’s here with us now, there’s no one you can drag away as an excuse…” Minho continued.

“Yahh! Don’t make me sound like a dog…what drag away?” Key retorted from his seat.

“Wae? I didn’t even say you’re a dog!” Minho retorted.

“You hinted it!”

“Aish! You’re such an over-sensitive diva!”

“I’m sorry that I’m a diva, hohoho…”

“Yah yah yah stop that Kim Kibum!”

“Stop what? Hohoho~”

“Stop that!”

“What?”

“You know what I’m referring to.”

“What?”

“Aish! Why did I blurt out my secret to you that time?”

“Because I’m almighty Key Diva…HOHOHO~”

“Yahhh!”

Okay… I’m pretty sure it’s some inside joke that I’m unaware of… =.=

“So Taemin ah…” Sulli turned towards me once again, not willing to give up on that very topic.

“Oh, Ji Young ah!” As if spotted someone, she called out at the far distance.

“Aish, that girl... KANG JI YOUNG!” She screamed out.

I turned at the direction she was looking at.

One girl turned towards us.

Eh? Isn’t she the one that gave me the bento?

“Taemin! Ssul!” She shouted while waving.

“Taemin you know her?”

“Well…” I answered randomly, not knowing where to start the story from.

“Taemin, you have not tried the bento?”

“Eh, so you’re the Miss Bento that Taemin refuses to say?” Sulli took a sly peek at me before continuing her words with the girl, Ji Young.

Sulli then nudged Minho who value-added the conversation.

“Ah, Miss Bento, nice moves here Taemin.” He joked.

“Ji Young is definitely a good catch. Better catch her soon!” Sulli continued.

“Aish, what catch?” I replied, not wanting them to get the wrong idea.

“Ssul yah!” The girl Ji Young blushed. Why is she even blushing?

Krystal’s POV:

What catch? Taemin found himself a good catch?

My eyes occasionally shifted to the standing parties at the side.

“Krystal,”

I turned to the side where Key oppa was seated.

“Don’t worry. Everything will be alright.” He smiled.

No, nothing seems to be alright now.

Nothing, as I eyed the 2 couples still standing at the side of the table.