Impress

He Broke My Heart. Now We Are Married.

 

Yay finally another chapter. This is just part of the social event.

And see if you guys are spot on! XD

Hope you guys enjoy! :D

______________________________

“I’m...Lee…Joon.” The man replied.

Damn! He looks freaking familiar I swear! Krystal thought to herself. It’s like I see him every day or something. But how could it be?

How could it be Lee Taemin, even though he’s vividly the first person that came into my mind that the man resembled?

He’s probably enjoying life somewhere else with somebody that he was rushing to meet. Ji Young. The name appeared in her head. Exactly so, why would he be here? That’s impossible. Plus this guy here has a pitch much higher than he has. It’s obviously not him. She mentally concluded.

“So, Miss Jung, how has the event been so far?” Mr Lee Joon asked; a tinge of playfulness in his slightly high pitched voice.

Krystal tried to hide a laugh when he spoke; that high pitch was seriously…weird. Or abnormal, that was the word that came into her head.

“Mmm…I was waiting for someone who came really late.” She replied with the same playful tone. For some reason she was actually not nervous in front of him; in fact she found herself able to speak freely in front of him. Perhaps it was the mask that hid both of their looks that increased her confidence and decreased her unfound worries.

“Mianhae~ I was out doing something important.” He replied.

“Oh, what else could be more important than this event?” She probed further.

“Aish… well this is not really that important in my opinion.” He replied.

Someone who feels the same way as I do? Krystal thought to herself.

“You have someone in mind?” She asked, that was the only thought that came into her head. After all, she did not see this as something important because Taemin had filled her heart; there was no point coming here to get to know another guy at all.

“Sounds like you have someone in mind as well?” He asked back.

“Well, technically yes.” She replied. “So you have not answered my question.” She continued.

“I did say ‘as well’. It’s not my fault that you cannot catch the meaning, you know?” He retorted in a friendly tone.

“Alright, I admit it was my oversight. So care to describe her?” Krystal was suddenly interested in the guy in front of her. He likes someone, and attends this party. Did he encounter a similar situation as her? She wanted to know the answer.

“Hmm… I don’t love her at first you know? But as time passes by, I realise that she has occupied a growing position in my heart.”

“Then why are you here?”

“I’m here for her.” He replied, a subtle smile on his face.

“I don’t get it.” Krystal said.

“Well, then too bad.” He replied with a smirk, his gazed fixated on her.

“So, are you pleased with your current partners? If you are, please remain at the side of your fated number one. If not, please come over and we’ll switch partners for you.” The emcee announced through the microphone while standing on the elevated platform.

“So, are you planning to change partners?” Mr Lee Joon asked.

“Do you think I should?”

“Well, I don’t think you should, since you can be my standing shield.” He replied, “And I can be yours as well.”

And then, he winked at her.

This Lee Joon is acting seriously weird! Krystal thought to herself. It just doesn’t feel right for some reason… Then again, it’s just another social event, as if I have not been to any. She reminded herself. There’s probably nothing wrong. I’m just oversensitive. She concluded.

“Alright then,” she told him.

“Great. Now may I excuse myself?” He asked, and then before Krystal could say anything in reply, swiftly walked away from her.

What a weirdo! He’s having an exceptionally high pitched voice undeserving of a man’s, and behaving really weird. Krystal thought to herself. I should play safe, even if it’s nothing.

She walked towards the emcee, who stared at her in return with really wide eyes. As if he’s shocked by some discovery.

There’s something wrong with my attire? Krystal thought to herself.

The emcee pulled her to one side. “You want to change partners?” He asked.

That voice is definitely familiar! I must have heard it somewhere! Krystal thought to herself. Yet this is not the time to ponder who the emcee resembled.

“Yes.” She replied curtly.

“I’m not sure if there’s anyone at home, but should there be, you’d better act like my boyfriend.” Jessica nagged at Jonghyun while they walked towards her house.

“Yes Ma’am, and may I remind you that you’re not supposed to threaten your boyfriend?” Jonghyun replied.

“Whatever. I’m just going to pray hope that-“

*Click*

Today’s definitely not her day.

“Sooyeon you’re finally back. We have something to discuss with you. It’s…oh wait, who is this?” Mrs Jung turned to look at Mr Kim Jonghyun.

“My...” Jessica took a deep breath.

“…boyfriend. I’m her boyfriend.” Jonghyun completed the sentence for her.

Jessica naturally glared at Jonghyun for stealing her words. Jonghyun only smiled back.

“Aigo, he’s such fine looking guy. Sooyeon, you’re lucky.” Mrs Jung commented.

“Heard it? You’re lucky~” Jonghyun echoed after Mrs Jung, earning another glare from Jessica.

“Omma, shouldn’t you say that he’s the lucky one?” Jessica retorted with slight aeygo.

 “Well, your name is?” Mrs Jung looked at Jonghyun with a motherly smile.

“Kim Jonghyun.” Jonghyun replied.

“Jonghyun, our Jessica, she can be quite stubborn at times, and she has this slight princess syndrome, so you’d meet to bear with her at times…”

“Omma!” Jessica interrupted with a slight shriek.

“See, that’s what I mean, you’d really need to…”

“Oh my god, omma! Why are you telling him so much about me?” Jessica interrupted once again, but it doesn’t seem to be aiding in stopping Mrs Jung.

“I know. She acts like a wilful princess at times, but I still love her.” Jonghyun smiled at Mrs Jung in return, and then turned to look at Jessica who only stared back at him. “Even if she enjoys glaring at me,” he continued with a chuckle.

“Then I’ll leave our Jessica in your care from now on.” Mrs Jung patted his shoulders.

“Omma! You make it sound like I’m getting married or something?!” Jessica interrupted once again.

“Aish, you’re going to married to him one day. There’s no difference in saying this earlier or later.” Mrs Jung laughed.

OH MY GOD. NO WAY. Jessica thought to herself. No way am I marrying this dinosaur!

Then again, of course she did not scream out her inner thoughts. She has to keep the act going.

“Jonghyun, come with me. I’ll pass you the notes.” She pulled him away from her mother, afraid that her mother would blurt out more secrets and information about her.

“So, you’re not changing partners?” A smiley male asked.

“Well, I think you’re fine, so why should I?” The female replied.

“But people usually shun me because of my maniac.” He continued.

“Well, I would see it as a form of devotion, which isn’t necessary a bad thing, you know?” She replied.

“OH MY GOD I have finally found someone who understands me!” The male exclaimed in absolute happiness; total absolute happiness, as if he had just found his soul mate.

The female only chuckled as she looked at his expression, just like a kid who had just found his sweet that some evil witch had hidden away from him.

“Well, is that really so…worth you acting so…you know?” She asked.

“Gosh, people always thought I was insane for loving chicken more than human beings.” He replied with a brighter smile than before. “But you are different! You accept my…unique interest and preference.” He smiled at her.

“Well, I also have a for something.” She admitted silently.

“And may I know what that is?”

“I like to hide myself inside a room and sing, sing really loudly.” She laughed at her own words.

“Well, should we do a duet someday because I love singing as well?” He replied.

“Sure!” She replied with a wink, and the both of them laughed again, picking up a glass of drink from the counter.

The emcee stared at the duo with a slight smile. I guess they don’t need any more matchmaking. He thought to himself as he entered another room.

“Gosh, your Krystal wants a switch in partners.” He complained as he took off his mask.

The other guy who was already inside the room, filling the room with pink balloons turned around. “Why? Kai, did you say something to her?” He asked.

“Yah! I didn’t! It must have been your freaky high pitched voice that freaked her out!” He joked back.

“Well, I can’t let my voice expose me right?” Taemin let out a sly smile.

“And your helium is probably losing its effects. Your voice is coming back, just a gentle reminder.” Kai took the boxes of balloons from Taemin. “I’ll do this. You’d better settle the rest of the stuff before time tickles away.”

“Yah be careful of any prickly stuff that hangs from the ceiling!” Taemin whined as he reminded or warned Kai.

“Hello Mr Lee, you’re overly worried. There’s practically nothing on the ceiling!” Kai sighed as he slowly released the balloon on his hand.

“Gosh Kai, my heart is racing…” Taemin confided.

“Oh yes, did you bet on the race then?” Kai replied.

“Yahh!” Taemin whined in displeasure, “I’m serious!”

“I know you’re serious! Don’t worry. Even I’m coming to help you. There’s no reason why Krystal would reject you.”

“But I’m still so nervous. Kai, can you practice with me?” Taemin tugged Kai’s sleeves.

“Yah yah yah! Don’t act touchy with me. I’m straight!” Kai retorted.

“Hello! I’m all the more straight!” Taemin argued back. “Please…do a rehearsal with me?”

“Aish! Fine!”

They put on their masks to make the atmosphere even more mysterious.

“Hmmm, where are the weird guy and the emcee?” Krystal thought to herself as she walked around the area. She chanced upon a secret room. From outside the room, she could see 2 figures standing inside.

Aren’t they the emcee and the weird guy? She thought to herself as she recalled how their masks look like. It should be them, she confirmed.

Wait a minute, the guy is kneeling down??! He looks like he’s proposing or something! Oh yes, there’s something in his pocket that he’s flashing out. Oh my god!

Krystal was instantly overwhelmed by the scene that she turned away. So that weird guy actually likes the emcee? So he says he’s here for his love, means that emcee?

“How should I bend when I kiss her?” Taemin asked.

“Aren’t you the expert?” Kai replied.

“But…I’m scared I would forget when I get too nervous.”

“Pshhh you sound like you’re having your first kiss.”

“Can you…rehearse with me?”

Kai literally spat out the drink that he just consumed.

“Are you freaking serious?” Kai eyed him with a sceptical look.

“I’m not joking! I would never joke about this!” Taemin was about to swear when Kai put down his hand.

“Arasso. Just close to the mouth and no touching!” He finally conceded and muttered a soft “why am I doing all this” as Taemin approached him, ani, his mouth.

 “Pffff.” Kai tried to stifle laughter as he saw Taemin closing his eyes and looking all serious. As much as he thought that this is definitely a ridiculous idea, it definitely proved that it was worthwhile for him to help Taemin.

He still remembered that moment when he received the “SOS text” from Taemin asking for his help, talking about needing to recruit members to fake a social event as part of the Soojung-plan, as how they termed it. Aish, those uncreative people coming up with the most monotonous name ever, he thought. Initially he was reluctant to help; who would help his love rival get the girl of his dream? That has got to be crazily insane, but then Taemin really spammed him “SOS texts” with all sorts of pleading emoticons which finally made Kai decide to help.

Only on the condition that he would be the emcee instead. He does not want to get involved in a ridiculous fake social event by hanging around with people who are actually uninterested in getting a mate. As in, they’re just there because they’re Taemin, or perhaps Taemin’s friends’ friends.

He was stunned when he felt a pair of lips brush against his. The other male opened his eyes in shock.

Krystal turned towards the room again just to catch a glimpse of the development.

OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS, ARE THEY GOING TO KISS AND MAKE OUT??!

This is definitely something I should not be looking at. She concluded and returned to the open area.

“Lee Taemin! Did you just…just…” Kai stuttered in his words.

“I…I didn’t mean to kiss you! You…you didn’t stop me!!!” Taemin was too freaked out for words just as well.

“I thought you would stop at the appropriate time!” Kai shouted in horror.

“I thought you would signal me to stop!” Taemin shouted back, sounding even more horrified.

Aish!

Both males thought to themselves.

“Okay, let’s just pretend nothing happened, alright?” Taemin suggested.

“How could we call it off like this? It’s a kiss! A kiss!” Kai demanded.

“So what do you want me to do? Take responsibility?” Taemin shouted while retreating, fear slowly enveloping him. What if Kai really wants me to take responsibility? What about Krystal? Just when I’m about to confess to her, what about Krystal??! He thought to himself.

“What responsibility? I don’t want the rest of my life to be ruined marrying another guy!” Kai screamed, always putting his hands in his mouth at the horrendous thought.

“So…?” Taemin asked.

“I guess we can only pretend nothing happened.” Kai thought for a moment and replied.

“Isn’t that what I suggested earlier?” Taemin replied.

“You did?” Kai asked in amazement.

“Yes! And you’re the one screaming about how we cannot just let the matter rest! Aish!” Taemin sighed.

First impression gone awfully wrong.