Departure

He Broke My Heart. Now We Are Married.

 

The chic looking guy who was slightly overdressed with his dark blue overcoat stood alongside the female with cool chopped hair, both of them grinning to each other as they stared at the air ticket in their hands. Indeed, they’re able to fulfil their fashion dreams by attending the prestigious University of Fashion and Arts. Out of a million people, or even more, they are the 2 lucky ones. What other things you need to make one smile?

 

Nicole Jung, she always has a tendency to come up with weird art pieces. It’s not that she isn’t able to draw properly or think properly like the conventional ideas and opinions, it’s just that she refuses to limit herself to what ‘ought to be the case’. She believes that art is something that cannot be easily defined as good or bad. It’s about who is the one to appreciate her drawings, and she always believed that there would be this one person out there, who is able to see her merits through her really abstract art. Finally, she has waited for that one person, and that one person is all willing to welcome her into the Art Family at the other side of the world.

 

Kim Kibum, who goes by Key, has a flair for art since a young age. It’s not only about the drawing, it’s also about the rare fashion sense eluding from one of a young age, yet experienced enough and sensitive enough to detect the latest fashion trend and style, though the attires do not scream the obvious. He could always, more or less know it. It was instincts. It was also this unique flair that sparked him to draw what he wants for himself, the kind of fashion that would bring out the best in Kim Kibum, yet still in the trend, or even better, set the new trend. True that he tends to overdress himself, but that’s also during the times when he want to make himself look more manly and less feminine, trying to hide all the curves that he possesses that makes some woman so jealous of: his good yet slightly feminine looks, coupled with a skinny body with curves.

 

“Kibum!”

“Umma!”

“Take care of yourself. Remember to use the blanket when you’re cold, close all windows when it’s raining, remove the key when…”

“I know…I know…you don’t have to repeat you know?” Key smiled to his mother.

“You brat, going all the way to the other end of the Earth, I will miss you every day!”

“I’ll miss you too.”

“Only if your appa could make it, but he has so many things going on in the company…”

“I know, I’m not saying anything…” Key chuckled.

“Aish! You rude brat, laughing at your umma…” She burst out with a laugh, “alright, just have fun, and… I want to wear something you design in the future.” She smiled.

“Sure. My first design will be for my beloved umma.” He laughed in reply.

 

“Key, take care. Aish, it’s a pity our Sooyeon didn’t pick you.” Mr Jung did a friendly gesture as he expressed his regret for not being able to have him as their son-in-law.

 

“It’s alright. I believe its better this way…” Key replied as he glanced at the duo having their usual small bickers at the side, under the supervision of the mothers, who were chatting happily and actually laughing at the 2 youngsters’ bickers.

 

“Yah stop standing so close to me!” Jonghyun warned for the third time.

“I just want to stand with you, wae wae wae?” Jessica did a mehrong as she stuck closer to him.

 

You’re finding it weird, like why is she sticking to him?

 

“Ah, it feels nice to appear taller like finally.” She lightly commented, not exactly a casual one since she’d been harping on the same idea since 10 minutes ago.

 

Now you know why.

 

“Shut up you lesbo- DESPO!” Jonghyun changed his words immediately upon detection of the 2 mothers just not far away from them.

“What despo? I’m not a DESPO!”

“Sticking so close to be, if not a despo what are you?” Jonghyun smirked, his left arm extended to her left shoulders, pulling her closer to him, greeting her irritated look with a sly face. One of his skin-ship tricks again.

 

“Yah yah stay away from me!” Jessica screamed while flustered.

“Wae? Aren’t we together or something? I’ve gotten my license after the n-th attempt as you wished. Shouldn’t I get a…” He slowed down his pace, “reward… or something?”

“Bwoh? YAH!” She stepped on his foot, hard, with her clanking heels, about 3 inches tall.

“YELP!” Jonghyun screamed in pain.

“Mehrong!” Jessica did another face at him who was busy grabbing his foot in pain.

 

“Omo, uri Jong…” Jonghyun’s mother was about to run to her beloved son when Jessica’s mother pulled her back.

“Don’t worry, uri Sooyeon will take care of him.” The latter replied.

“That’s true. Let’s not interrupt their lovey dovey world.”

 

Lovey dovey world? A far fetch from that.

Let’s show the true lovey dovey world.

 

“Minho, is it possible to drive faster?” Sulli cried as she stared at her wristwatch, staring incoherently at the road in sight, then at Minho, and then at the back where the other couple were seated. 5 minutes more and they would have to check in. 5 minutes, how are they going to get to the damn airport within such a short period of time?

 

“I’m already trying to overtake the cars, but it’s not going to be easy.” Minho replied, and then turned back to glance at the duo, “yah, who asked the both of you to spend such a long time getting ready?” He groaned.

 

“It’s not me. It’s this fellow over here!” Krystal pointed at Taemin.

“Weren’t you enjoying it as well?” Taemin complained.

“Well…well I was, but did you have to take such a long time?” Krystal retorted.

“I thought since you enjoyed it…” “But you should have stopped!” Krystal cut off his words.

 

“Bwoh?” Sulli turned around. “Wait a minute, were you guys…making out?” She hesitated in her words.

“Ani!” Both of them denied immediately.

“What? But I heard noises. You were !” Sulli pointed at Krystal.

“What ? I wasn’t doing any sort of thing!” Krystal turned her head away.

“Still denying? Taemin you tell me.” Sulli looked at the blonde guy.

“Ani! I was just giving her a damn massage!” Taemin replied.

“Chey, after all the excitement…” Sulli turned back to the front. “Minho, ottoke?” They would be late, so damn late in sending off Key and his partner.

 

“Well, we don’t really have a choice…” Minho replied. “Then again, why are you so exceptionally anxious?” He asked.

“Gosh who knows how long we’d see them again!” Sulli replied.

“True, but still… I’ve never seen you so anxious before.”

“Yah Choi Minho, is your jealousy worm up again?” Sulli teased, knowing the slight rivalry Minho felt towards Key.

“What? I’m not, I’m not jealous.” He replied while stuttering. “Aish, why is the traffic still…” He diverted the topic.

Sulli chuckled. She knows he’s jealous, but he won’t know that there was honestly no need for that jealousy.

 

Thankfully, they still managed to make it.

 

A long farewell with Key, and then who knows how many minutes of hug between the two while Minho could only bore his eyes straight at his fiancée and his ex-rival.

 

“Take care oppa, and remember to call back often.”

“Well, don’t complain when I call you too often.” Key joked in reply. Then again, it isn’t really a joke.

“Sure. Update me on all the happenings.” Sulli replied with another smile.

 

It’s not really flirting or what, she just had this additional attachment towards Key ever since their first accidental meeting on the bike, and then all the conversations with him, the fake acting to spike Minho into realising his feelings, Key was nothing but an awesome friend, a great umma with his ultra fashion sense, as well as a close confidante. Neither side would wish for such friendship to weaken just because of distance problems.

 

“You used to like her.” Nicole lightly commented when she walked towards him once again.

Key instantly turned around, hoping that no one heard that. “I…”

“It’s quite obvious, you know?” She then paused for a moment, “or at least, for me, it’s obvious.” She laughed.

“Well, I guess if you already know it… I like her.” Key admitted. Only a few know about this secret of his, and he believed that Nicole would keep it to herself too.

“Ani, you used to like her.” She corrected him.

 

“Flight A2309, please…” The announcement sounded through the speakers.

 

“We have to go now.” Key smiled as he lightly brushed across Nicole’s back instructing her to move.

 

“Key oppa! We’ll miss you so badly.” Krystal ran forward for a last hug, sparking a teeny tinge of jealousy in Taemin.

“You know what, I know how you feel.” Minho came forward and softly said to Taemin.

 

“Well, he’s the Diva hyung.” Taemin replied, somewhat trying to console himself as well.

 

“Take care, everyone!” Key waved his hands for the last time, a broad grin on his feminine facial features as he slowly made his way into the checking in point, lugging the huge luggage behind him, Nicole a few steps ahead of his.

 

“He’s gone.” Jonghyun muttered lightly, his gaze lingering at the disappearing figure.

“Mm hmm.” Jessica lightly replied.

The youngsters all decided to have a nice dinner together, to commemorate their friendship and the rare fate they share with each other. Minho and Sulli are engaged, Sulli has a good friend Lee Taemin who was their photographer for the engagement photos. He was then revealed to be married to Krystal Jung, who later becomes Sulli’s good friend. Krystal has an elder sister, Jessica Jung, who was ex-rivals with Minho who used to love Yuri, and then subsequently had an arranged wedding with Kim Kibum, who goes by the name Key who used to love Sulli and had a fake girlfriend who was coincidentally Krystal Jung, and then now having a fake boyfriend who goes by the name Kim Jonghyun, who was just nice Taemin’s good friend hyung, and somewhat liked Key, and is now very confused about his ual preferences.

 

No matter how destiny had worked for them, at least one thing was clear: Minho and Sulli are enjoying their like-a-dating-life together, while Taemin and Krystal are slowly exploring the enjoyments in marriage life. While Jonghyun and Jessica… it was pretty obvious that there was something slowly growing inside them, though they always had their endless bickering, but that’s the fun before getting attached or being true to your feelings, if you could recall. While Key, he’s probably going to find more than what he originally had imagined in the other side of the world.

 

Yet there was more to come.

 

“Hyung?” Taemin was the first to point it out.

“Luna?” Minho continued.

 

They had passed by a chicken restaurant while the two each spotted a familiar figure, and then stopped in their tracks, watching through the translucent glass of the restaurant.

 

“You know what, let’s just eat here.” Jonghyun suggested, standing at the opposite end where Jessica was standing, since the adults had decided to leave the youngsters to themselves, aka Jonghyun and Jessica’s mum, which means, there was no need for any more acting from them.

 

“I second this.” Jessica continued.

 

The other 4 were giving shifty eyes among themselves, appearing to be conveying some secret message.

 

Sulli burst out into a laugh.

 

“What?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“Ani, ani, ani.” Sulli replied, trying to hide another laugh.

 

“Omo Mr Choi!” Luna stood up immediately and did an almost 90 degrees bow as she saw her supervisor at work.

 

Onew took a momentarily glance away from his chicken, nodded to acknowledge their presence, and then returned to munch on his chicken that was hot from the oven.

 

“Hyung! Are you…?” Taemin stopped him from taking his second mouthful.

“I’m…eating? Why?” Onew asked in puzzlement.

“Ani, are you dating her?” Taemin asked.

“Dating who?” Onew was still being oblivious, while Luna was already blushing while she accidentally heard their conversation.

“Her?” Taemin asked.

“We’re just eating.” Onew replied.

“Yea, we’re just…eating.” Luna forced the words out, and then gobbling down the rest of her chicken at a tremendous speed.

 

“She sure looks pissed off.” Jonghyun joked as they sat down at the other end of the restaurant, occasionally peeking at the duo at the other side.

“Kim Jonghyun, you need to learn to empathise with her. Do you need etiquette lessons or something?” Jessica snapped back, feeling sad for the girl.

“You’re paying? I don’t mind so if it makes me more sophisticated so that I can meet all the rich ladies and still can match up with them.” He joked in his reply.

“What rich ladies?” Jessica whispered under her tone, slightly uncomfortable at his answer.

“You know, those rich ladies who give me money to spend.” Jonghyun whispered into her ears as a form of teasing.

“Gigolo? What is inside your head Kim Jonghyun?” Jessica was astonished at his explanation.

“Come on it’s just a joke!” He replied, putting his cheeky face to good use again.

He just loved to irritate the blonde.

 

“I… I just remembered that I had something on.” Luna informed. “I’ll leave first.”

“But Luna-shii, you have not even touched the chicken dessert.” Onew replied, tearing his gaze away from his chicken.

Chicken dessert, oh how did I even agree to come for this chicken set meal today? Luna thought to herself.

“It’s okay you can have my share, since… you love chicken more than anything.” She tried her best not to appear aggressive in the last few words.

 

With that she left, while Onew stared at her until she faded into the distance.

 

“Idiot. He should run after her.” Jonghyun commented once again.

“Says the idiot,” Jessica hummed after him.

“Yah!”

“Stop watching the drama you don’t even have popcorn with you.”

She loved to annoy him as well.

 

“Aish! I cannot take this anymore. That guy needs to learn to run after girls.” Jonghyun scratched his head in frustration, as he stood up from his seat.

“Kim Jonghyun, yah Dino…” Jessica called after but to no avail.

 

“Hey.”

Onew looked up at the approaching guy with a erty smile on his face.

“I’m straight.” He said with a stoic face.

Huh straight? What’s that guy talking about? It’s not like I’m…

“YAH WHATTTTT ARE YOU THINKINGGGGGG I’M STRAIGHT TOO!” Jonghyun burst out in shouts.

Oh wait, am I? The inner struggle inside him revived and started a debate inside his head.

That guy is definitely weird. Onew thought to himself.

 

“Jonghyun hyung…seems weird.” Taemin commented casually.

“You don’t have popcorn either.” Krystal commented following her sister’s style.

“I’ll go over.” Jessica could not take it anymore. What’s that Dino doing? Screaming and then looking as though he’s traumatised by something?

 

“YAH KIM DINO!” Jessica patted his shoulders.

While Jonghyun was so thankful for seeing a female in front of him, he without giving further thoughts, dipped in for a kiss.

The Verifying Kiss

And the conclusion he got was, he’s straight!

But the drama does not end there, duh.


Yay Key has finally left to pursue his dreams!

The Departure was supposed to be the epilogue, well it can still be the epilogue if i leave the rest of the story open, since Taestal's story is mainly completed :D

But, oh gosh it feels weird to leave it open like this. Or maybe I can put the rest as "Specials" haha. We'll see how it goes XD

Till the next update! And welcome new subscribers! :D