Friends Again!

He Broke My Heart. Now We Are Married.

 

Hellos! Thanks for all the comments for the previous chapter! :D I kind of expected mixed reactions to that chapter since it was an overdose of randomness hahaha. I was feeling really random when i typed that =P Anyway, thanks to those who enjoyed it!
Just a warning for this chapter, I would say, not much of Taestal interaction until the end where there is a slight bit, but it pretty shows the gradual change in their ties :)

And hope you guys enjoy! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal’s POV:

So I am, seated with Lee Taemin in the lecture theatre. Urghhh this . I don’t know what I can talk to him about, and he keep staring me with those kind of…unreadable expressions. I don’t know what he’s exactly thinking of when he’s looking at me, and personally speaking; I don’t think I really care that much either. But just having his eyes stuck or glued to me is just simply uncomfortable.

Oh wait! Is that…?
“Sulli!” I shouted her name.
She turned back. Oh my! It’s really Sulli! Are we having the same lectures now? This is awesomely cool! At least there’d be someone with me! I mean, Lee Taemin is just…how do I explain this, not exactly what I would call a close friend. Well Sulli isn’t really a close friend either – we’re barely acquaintances, but heck, I like her, and I want to get closer to her :)

“Hi Krystal,” She returned the greeting, with a rather subtle smile I guess…
“Sulli, are you sitting with anyone?” I inquired. I mean, it would be best if we could sit together. We could talk and bond and share our happenings. Oh gosh, there are so many things that I want to tell her! I know it definitely sounds weird about how I want to tell her numerous stuff considering that we are not close yet, but believe it or not, it’s the kind of feel~ that’s inside me; that she’s the kind that would be able to connect with me.

“Erhm…” She started to glance around, and then called out a word. Key! That was the word.

 “Sulli!” A random guy seated just rows below where we were standing exclaimed and waved back to her.

“Heh mianhae Krystal, I’m with a friend.” She replied. Mmm…so she has a friend with her. But I really want to sit with her so badly. I mean, it’s definitely better than that stalker looking Taemin ><

“Sulli, can I sit with you and your friend then?” I asked just when Sulli was walking towards the guy who had spaced out a seat for her.

“What about Taemin?” Sulli took a quick glance at Taemin, who was looking less and less pleasant second by second. Then again, I don’t really care. As if it’s my business that he’s looking sulky and everything? Tsk.

“Just don’t care about him. I need a breather.” I replied her.

“But Krystal, he’s still your husband.” Sulli replied. URGHHHHH so what if he’s the husband? Our marriage is like…so FAKE? And honestly speaking, I really want to face a new face instead of looking at that same old features belonging to Lee Taemin all the time. I mean, don’t you ever get sick of staring at the same one person? Maybe you guys don’t, but I certainly do. Then again, it’s another story when you’re referring to the time when I was so obsessed over him. Nevertheless, that was all in the past, and Jung Krystal can proudly announce that she’s freaking OVER Lee Taemin now. 100% over him; guess time did a little great job here, and his freaking nonsense action of placing my palms over his heart certified the belief that he’s pretty crazy, which hastened my getting over of him. Guess I would have to thank Lee Taemin for that too, he did a pretty good job there too.

“Please…pretty please…” I tried to cajole her.

“Okay then.” YES! Sulli finally gave in. Looks like my slight aeygo did work out after all! So that guy spaced out another seat for me as well, after having a slight idea of what’s happening.

“Hi, I’m Key.” He smiled and stretched out his hand.
“Krystal.” I introduced myself and shook his hand, in the business-like manner.
“Nice name here.” He smiled as he commented.
“Well, yours is pretty cool and unique too.” I replied to him. I mean, who would have a name called Key? It’s really cool and everything. Then again, not all names that are unique are cool. I mean, imagine you being called LOCK. Like LOL, right? That’s why I think his name is cool. Key just didn’t sound weird in any aspect, which is pretty much a great feat, in my honest opinion.
“What course are you taking?” He asked. I guess he’s pretty much an easy person to get along with, so we pretty much started on a conversation that revolves around our course, how we got to know Sulli, and other random stuff. He seems like a really nice person :D

Taemin’s POV:

HUH, what is this? Krystal went to talk to Sulli, and the both of them just went to join another random guy in their seats? That guy looked like he knew Sulli though, but what about Krystal? Why is she joining them as well? No way! I need to ask Choi Jinri about this! >:(

“Yahhh Choi Jinri where are you bringing my wifey? >:(”

*I’m telling you that I want you/I’m telling you that I’m calling you/Hold my hand, hold my hand/I’m afraid that I’ll lose you* Whoops, that’s pretty much my ringtone XD It’s a really awesome song by the SHINee’s maknae you know? It’s one of the OST songs in the ultimate remake of hana kimi. Gosh, I’m so in love with the love story and especially this song! Gosh, the maknae is so freaking awesome and everything. I’m soooo jelly of him. (jelly=jealous)

“I’m going to intro a better man for her. See this? ;)” That was Sulli’s reply. Yes Sulli Choi Jinri, aren’t you my childhood friend? Why are you betraying me like this??? :( How could you possibly intro a better one for her when the best is just here! You have judging problems Choi Jinri, I swear that you’re not good at judging people! Why would you match make Krystal with this random someone who looks like he’s…pretty good looking and whenever he smiles it feels like it could warm one’s heart, and he has a pretty good dressing sense as well…and oh my god, I love the necklace that he’s wearing right now…and… WHAT AM I SAYING RIGHT NOW??! >< NO ONE IS BETTER THAN LEE TAEMIN YOURS SINCERELY! No matter how great that guy’s sense is! ><

“You can’t! She’s MARRIED! To MEEEEE!” I replied. How could you just put one freaking married woman with a single (and perhaps unwanted guy *sniggers*) together? That’s just the freaking WRONG thing to do HELLO! Especially when the husband is watching from a few rows behind! >:(

“Of course I can. Extra-marital affair? XD” No Choi Jinri, don’t ever remind me of that time when this Krystal Jung tried to find a BF for herself because of some retarded reason, and how that BF is so almighty about it >< It’s just…so blood boiling urghhhh! Thankfully that Kai fulfilled his promise and left Krystal alone after that incident. Then again, I think we pretty much had a fine relationship because of Krystal, ironically, because he texted me a few minutes after he left our house that other time, and guess what he said in his text?

“Do update me when there are developments! I know you will bring her the kind of happiness that she had always wanted :)”

Well, I don’t think I understand what he means, but obviously there was no hostility in his message, so I guessed we’re fine now? Oh I tried to ask him what developments he was referring to, but he only replied with something like this:

“*Sniggers* you will find out for yourself one day, love idiot XD”

So I didn’t bother replying him anymore, because obviously he’s not going to tell me about it. Though I’m pretty impressed at the fact that he knew that I’m a love idiot, even though I’m pretty sure I don’t show anything that reveals that identity of mine >< but then I’m not going to reply him to praise his spot-on prediction ><

Oh right, back to the extra-marital affair topic, so Choi Jinri you want to fight with me huh? Using this random guy against me huh? This ! I’m not allowed to have any other woman, but she’s allowed? What is this? KARMA? RETRIBUTION? SERIOUSLY???

“Yahhhhh! Be careful of KARMA. Later your fiancé has an extra-marital affair! *Curses*” I replied her.

Soon after she got the message she turned to where I was seated and gave me a “do you want to die” glare.

“Minho wouldn’t do that to me.” that was her very reply. I didn’t bother to reply her any further because my eyes were fully glued on the duo seated next to her. Tsk, that random guy. Why is he laughing so much? And what are they talking about that makes her laugh along with him? I thought she’s a freaking ice princess? What happened to her icy protective layer? I thought she would only laugh that much with me? Heck, I DO NOT LIKE THIS!

So lecture started, and ended, and I think I didn’t even pay attention to the lecturer a single bit, because somehow my gaze just shifts to that particular person called Krystal Jung, and that freaking random guy that I still cannot remember what his name was, even though Sulli called out his name previously.

“Yah! Lee Taemin!” I turned around to see Sulli with the other two standing in front of me.
“Choi Jinri! How could you guys just leave me alone?” I whined.
Sulli only laughed in response and signalled for us to get out of the lecture hall.

“Hello, I’m Key.” That random guy introduced himself. Key? As in K-E-Y that key? Wow. That’s pretty…unique?
“Lee Taemin.” I told him my name in response. He nodded.

Krystal’s POV:

Urghhhh it just doesn’t feel right with Lee Taemin around.
“Sulli!” I ran towards her and interlocked our arms together, “so how’s it with you and Minho oppa?”
She smiled with a hint of blissfulness. “It’s great. He takes care of me…so well.”
“Omo what did he do?” I probed further.
“Mm… recently we went out on a journey likened to that of the TTBY drama, you know when Kang Tae Jun brought Jae Hee to some random place where they took loads of photos and had fun there? Yup he brought me there and we kind of replayed that scene there~”
“Omo that’s so sweet! I love that drama like freaking much!” I exclaimed in response.
“Yup, we watch it too. He didn’t like it at first, but now, we’re huge fans of it!” Sulli continued, “What about you? How’s life with…” she eyed the duo at the back, “Taemin?”
“Mmm… it’s just marriage with no reality in it.” I replied casually.
“How does he treat you?” She asked.
“Oh my god. TOTAL CRAZY!” I complained. “You know what? He GROUNDED ME AT HOME! HE FREAKING GROUNDED ME IN MY HOUSE INSIDE MY ROOM!”
“Chill it Krystal~”
“Ssul! You know what? He even did some freaking crazy actions towards me, like placing my palms in front of his heart and asks me to feel his heart. Oh my god so freaking cheesy! I thought I would have loved it if it was last time but heck NOOOOOO! I was so freaked out and ALMOST believed him but thankfully I didn’t because HE MUST BE CRAZYYYYY! Ssul, why did I marry such a crazy guy?” I rambled on.
“He WHAT? Krystal, I think he likes you.” Sulli explained.
“Hell no, Sulli! He doesn’t like me. He just hates me because I don’t allow him to get girls outside while I try to find myself a boyfriend and all that…”
“You WHAT? You tried to find a boyfriend?” Now it was Sulli’s turn to be damn shocked.
“Mm hmm… I needed some distraction away from him because he’s just freaking circulating in my life like every second oh my god you know how painful it was?” I complained further. PHEW. It feels so damn good after releasing all the complaints I have.
“Krystal yah! How could you get yourself a boyfriend? No matter how you dislike Taemin, you shouldn’t have done so!”
“But Ssul…”
“He tried quitting his playboy habits because of you! And you’re now the only woman in his life. How could you?”
Ahhh. Sulli’s pretty right here.
“At least, Krystal, see him as a friend, like how you guys used to be last time.” She continued.
Gahhhh this is going to be TOUGHHHHH. “Ssul…” I whined. You can’t just say ‘let everything return to before this happened’ right? Things just doesn’t work this way!
“Krystal, just try, okay?”
I nodded.

Taemin’s POV:

Guess what? We’re having a pretty hearty talk right now!
I mean, Key hyung is really awesome and everything. He loves dancing just like me!
Though we’re pretty much into different genres; aka he enjoys those elegant moves and loves mimicking those girl groups dances while I’m more into popping and stuff. And not to mention his freaking awesome fashion sense which he promised to teach me a little. Ooh, and the both of us LOVE singing as a leisure activity, though I know my singing is still not that up to par yet. But what does that mean you know? Potential KTV sessions ahead! Oh dear, singing and dancing is just MY LIFE!

“Hey, so Krystal is your wife?”
“Mmm I think so.” I replied.
“Think so? Hello Taemin, do you know what you’re talking about?” Key hyung tried to stop his laughter.
“I know. We’re married but things just don’t seem right.”
“Hmmm…sounds a bit like Sulli and her husband last time… but now they’re more than fine hahaha…” Key hyung replied, “Oh just that Sulli was telling us her life story just now during the lecture.”
OH RIGHT. No wonder he has a clear idea. I thought that key hyung, you’re a freaking stalker or something.
“But do you like her?” Key hyung continued.
Do I like her? Heck, I don’t think so right? I mean, it just doesn’t sound right putting Taemin and Like together in the same context.
“I don’t think so.”
“So it’s an arranged marriage?”
“How’d you know?!” Oh my god, another reason to admire hyung. Because he can speculate things so well :O

Key’s POV:

Erhm…there are only a few reasons why you’d marry without love:
1. You guys had a baby together, probably the result of a one night stand or something. Which obviously doesn’t apply to the both of you because I don’t think Krystal looks like a mother?
2. You guys marry to spite another person, which is hardly likely since Taemin you don’t “like” according to yourself.
3. Another arranged marriage.
So obviously it’s the last right? Hahaha…

“Because I’m almighty Key,” I replied Taemin.
“Omo hyung teach me this! It’d be damn cool to be able to predict stuff accurately!”
*facepalms* Taemin ah, you really believed me?
“Okay, another time perhaps.” I smiled back.

Taemin’s POV:

See, that’s why hyung is like so freaking nice and awesome! He’s going to teach me how to predict things accurately! Perhaps I could then predict how life with Krystal is going to be afterwards XD
“Guys, should we get a bite?” Sulli turned around to face us.
“Sure.” Key hyung replied.
“I’m hungry.” I commented.
“Let’s go!” Krystal continued.

So we reached the canteen.
I saw Sulli nudging Krystal. Lol, what are the 2 ladies up to? Scheming something against me? I mean, knowing Choi Sulli, she might actually do so ><

Key and Sulli left to get their food, while Krystal and I was left at the seats.

“So, Taemin,” she started. Okay, she is starting a conversation with me! I turned towards her immediately, “have you thought of what you want to eat?” she continued.
“Not really, maybe I’ll just get some banana milk.” I replied. I mean, I’m not really that hungry yet.
“Mm…okay. Get me banana milk too.” She replied.
“Ooo…okay!” I smiled at her reply.

Krystal’s POV:
Actually, he isn’t that bad after all, omitting all his crazy actions, that is.

“So, how are things going on?” Sulli asked when she returned with a bowl of noodles.
“Mmm normal? He’s getting me banana milk.” I replied.
“That’s good.” Sulli commented.
He returned minutes later.
“Krys, here it is.” He said.
“Thanks.” I smiled back in return.

Sulli’s POV:
Hmm looks like things are slowly working out between them :)

Krystal’s POV:

Well, Ssul told me to view him as the friend I used to have long ago. So I’m trying, and it does seem to be working out quite well. I guess the biggest credits go to me getting over him. 100% over him.
“Taemin, do you get this part?” He was sitting on the couch watching TV while I was seated on the floor using the coffee table as my table, looking through today’s lecture notes.
“Hmm yes. Why?” He replied lazily as he fast forwarded the drama he was playing on the DVD.
“OH MY GOD, SAVE ME! THIS IS FREAKING PHD LEVEL KNOWLEDGE!”
“Yah! It’s not that bad actually, haha.” He replied while continuing to skim through the drama.
“IT’S FREAKING BAD! HELP MEEEEEEEE!” I tugged his arms.
“Wait ah, let me finish this part. He’s going to know that she’s a girl!” He replied.
“Yahhh stop rewatching TTBY! HELP ME FIRSTTTTTTTTTT!” I whined further.
“Arasso…” he paused the player and sat on the ground with me.
“Oh this one…” He started to explain some hard-to-understand terms =.=
“Can you simplify…it?” I asked.
“Hmm…I try. This is…” He continued, but damn, how hypnotising the terms were!

Taemin’s POV:

“So this is…Krystal?” I called her name while staring at her almost asleep figure.
“Mianhae, too tired.” She replied while rubbing her eyes. Have I mentioned how cute she looked at that moment?
“It’s okay. I think you need a rest.” I told her.
“Mm…” She then left for the bedroom, our bedroom. Come to think of it. She was being a lot nicer today, especially after the encounter with Sulli and Key hyung. At least we talked more, and could co-exist in a more harmonious manner. It’s pretty good this way, I would have to say. We are like, friends again :)