We Got Married

He Broke My Heart. Now We Are Married.

 

HELLO readers commenter and new subscribers!

Glad you guys enjoyed the previous chapter! It was pretty much random i would admit, ahahaha.

Anyway, here's another chapter, probably i would call a more warming chapter. Hope you guys enjoy! :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Krystal’s POV:

I got the biggest shock of my life when Taemin told me that the wedding would be 2 days later. LIKE…SO SOON? How could it be possible?

Thankfully, I verified with my parents who told me it was 2 weeks later. THANK GOODNESS.
Then again, it means that Lee Taemin bluffed me.

“I guess you have heard about it. It’s 2 weeks, pabo =P”

I stared at his message for a very long time, pondering over how I should reply to him, to perhaps, just piss him off a little… XD

“No eh, my umma told me it’s 2 years! Did you get it wrongly?”
That should freak him out a little XD And indeed, within seconds came the reply with a loud beep:

“2 years? They must have gotten it wrong! I’ve told my umma to clarify to your umma.”

WHAT? Does it mean that…Mrs Lee is calling us soon?

*RING RING*

OH DEAR!
I ran towards the phone before my mum could grab a hold of the speaker.

“Hello.” I spoke sweetly into the phone.
“Oh is this Krystal? I need to speak to your mother, it’s regarding the wedding.”
“Auntie Lee, I have heard about it, so does my parents. It’s 2 weeks, right?”
“Yup, you are right. I’m glad that the misunderstanding has been cleared.”
“Yup,”
And then it’s all the other greetings stuff.

PHEW. LUCKY that I got to the phone first, or else my trick would be exposed.

“Yup, I have heard it from your mother. But then…*sigh*”

*BEEP*

“Why sigh?”

Hehe, let me tell you why I’m sighing =P

“The bridegroom is so not ideal. It would have been better if it’s someone like…Jjong…”
Speaking of which, Jjong oppa is really friendly and nice, and we really get along well. Only if I was to be married to him, perhaps I would have looked forward more to the marriage life.

*BEEP*

“Whyyyyyyy? Am I inferior?”

I decided to just ignore his message and went to sleep.

The next morning, I was greeted with 240 messages when I switched on the mobile phone.

From: Playboy Lee
From: Playboy Lee
From: Playboy Lee
From: Playboy Lee
… and the list go on…

Okay… does he seriously mind that very much?

And since we did not meet until the day of marriage itself, he basically flooded my phone with endless text messages since I didn’t feel like replying to any of them, I mean, I didn’t even read a single one. And yes, if you were wondering, he called a few times, but I didn’t pick up any of them. There’s no point doing it right? He’d probably just ramble on his theory of how Jjong is inferior to him instead. See, that’s how well I know him, that I can even predict his actions and behaviour. That playboy, he’s just like that.

And today is the last day that I’m working at Choiison. Umma told me that I would have to quit my job and return to college life after the marriage, which is going to be the next day. Time flies, seriously, a bit too quickly. I’m still not prepared for it! ><

“Minho oppa,” I started the conversation.
“Krystal, I know today’s your last day. Oppa will miss your presence in the office.” Oppa replied.
“Oppa, actually, I need your help.” I told him what I had in mind, something that will probably stop Lee Taemin’s constant disturbing.

I need to show him that I have moved on.

Finally, the day of marriage came. TIME FLIES.

We met. I gave him a fake smile. He returned with a forced? Smile. Gosh, this is so not my ideal wedding, though I admit I used to imagine him by my side as well, in my imaginary wedding. Then again, I must have been blind last time.

“Krystal, why didn’t you pick up my call or reply my messages?” I KNEW HE WAS GOING TO ASK ABOUT THIS.

“Mm, I was too tired to neither read the messages nor pick up any calls.” I replied casually, not bothering how incredible the reply sounded.

“Mmm…” He replied, sounding rather despondent. I guess he had seen through my lies, though I would have to admit, it was meant to sound like a lie.

“Anyway,” I stared at my watch, “I’m going off for a while. Just say that I’m in the toilet if anyone asks.”

“Where are you..?” I could hear him trying to ask, but I just walked away ignoring his incomplete question.

“Oppa,” I greeted him.

“Krystal, this will be the first and last time I’m helping in something like this.” He replied.

“Arasso. I also hope that this is the only marriage that I have to resort to something like this.” I replied with a tinge of bitterness.

“Actually Krystal, why not give him a second chance?” He asked.

I sighed as a reply.

I mean, I just don’t want to end up falling for him again in the second chance. It’s pretty hard for me to have forgotten about the love I used to harbour for him, though yes a tinge of it still remains in my heart, but it’s really a very small tinge of it left. That’s something that I have accomplished, and I don’t want to re-experience that kind of pain again.

“I mean, my engagement started off pretty bad too, but now we’re fine.” He replied with a blissful smile.

Minho oppa, not everyone is as lucky as you, to have a prearranged marriage and finding love from it.

“Mmm…” I replied vaguely. I just didn’t want to tell him what’s on my mind right now, because I’m afraid that he would be able to convince me.

Minutes passed by, and he has not appeared yet.

*TAP TAP*

“Oppa, he’s coming.” I whispered to Minho oppa upon seeing his silhouette.

We took our kissing positions.

“Krystal?” The calling came a few seconds later.

We turned around to see the familiar figure, oh wait, figures.

“Ssul?” Oppa questioned.

WAIT, something just doesn’t feel right here.

 “Ssul, I can explain this…” Oppa continued as he pushed me away.

OH DEAR, did his blissful fiancée catch us in the act? IT WASN’T SUPPOSED TO GO THIS WAY!!!

 “Minho-oppa didn’t do anything unfaithful!” I exclaimed in desperation as I saw her slowly walking out of the scene. I mean, I need to explain for oppa, he’s only in this state because of me, and I certainly don’t wish to ruin a couple’s happiness because of my ridiculous but still somehow worked plan.

Thankfully, the fiancée turned back to face us. Okay, Krystal, you need to tell her everything, even though it would be in the face of Lee Taemin as well.

 “I’m sorry! Minho-oppa…he was just helping me. I can swear that we didn’t kiss for real! It was just my kissing my own thumb that was placed over his lips. I just wanted to bluff Taemin, bluff that I’m madly in love with someone else that’s not him, so that he would probably just stop bothering me.” I blurted everything out. HECK IT IF LEE TAEMIN HEARS AND UNDERSTANDS EVERYTHING! I mean, the most important thing is to clear oppa’s innocence!

“Ssul, believe us. I received her text calling for help. That’s why I wasn’t free to accompany you to your friend’s wedding dinner. Turns out that…we’re at the same dinner…” Oppa continued.

The fiancée smiled as she replied, “Okay, just next time, inform me beforehand if you’re putting up another of this kind of show.”

WOW, she’s really nice.

“Ssul, if you’re worried, then I will not do it again.” Oppa walked towards her and placed his arms around her waist, making her gaze meet his.

She nodded. “You better not.”

“I’m really sorry…” I apologized to the duo, “I really don’t mean to cause such a misunderstanding.”

She smiled and told me it’s alright. GOSH, she’s really really nice. I need to know her!

“Thanks. I’m Krystal.” I reached out my hands to her, nervousness inside my heart. I wonder if she’s going to accept my…intention.

“Sulli.” She finally took my hand after seconds of…perhaps hesitation. Well, I could understand that. And thing is, she took my hands! We could be friends! I’m friends with…Sulli! Gosh, she has a pretty name. And her personality is awesome too! Gosh, I sound like a fangirl!

*Cough*

OH . I was too excited about being friends with Sulli that I had totally forgotten about this particular person who was supposed to be the main character in our act.

“It’s about time, let’s go!” I tried to divert the topic but Taemin held me back just as oppa and Sulli started to walk away from the scene.

“Let go of me.” I eyed him coldly.

“Yah! Why are you making up such an act?” He asked.

“I don’t want you to keep bothering me! Why don’t you ask yourself, what have you done that make me behave this way?” I retorted and left the scene as his grip of me loosened.

Was he reflecting? Nar, I doubt so. He’s Lee Taemin, and based on that alone, I highly doubt that he’s reflecting. He probably doesn’t think that he needs to reflect on himself.

Then again, it’s partly got to do with me too. After all, he did promise to change for the better. It’s just me who’s afraid to be close to him again.

2 minutes before we were to make our grand entrance, he reappeared beside me outside the hall.

1.5 minutes before, he reached out his hand for mine, and entwined our hands together. I did not reject, because it’s probably part of those acts that we need to come up with as we entered the hall.

1 minute before, he turned and smiled to me. It’s not that typical playboy smile. It’s a smile that’s more of…Lee Taemin in nature. Gosh! I don’t know how to explain in words. It just feels more real.

50 seconds before, I decided to return his smile with a smile. That moment, it felt like as if we had returned to the times when we were still good friends, and nothing else.

30 seconds before, he whispered to me, “I will try.” I stared at him not knowing what to reply. Is he going to try to be a good husband? What is he going to try?

20 seconds before, he continued after a momentary silence, “I hope you can try as well.” Am I supposed to try to be a good wife? I don’t understand his words.

10 seconds before, I nodded to him, interpreting his words in my own way.

The door opened, and we were greeted with the huge crowd of relatives, friends, and other people that we may not know so well.

We slowly walked along the path, occasionally turning towards each other subconsciously and perhaps, just smile a few smiles at each other and the guests in front of us. Sometimes the smiles felt like part of the act, but sometimes, it just felt so comfortable, as if we’re really smiling.

I guess that’s how amazing a marriage can be. The kind of mood, the kind of emotions, you really cannot predict and act. Everything just feels so real, and guiltily, feels so right.

In front of all the guests, we made our vows and helped each other put on the ring. We were congratulated by the great applauses as we turned to face the guests who had smiles on their faces. It looked like they were really happy for us. But for me is a mixture of feelings.

He popped the champagne and placed it in my hands. Just when I was feeling slightly overwhelmed by the random emotions overflowing in me he placed his hands over mine and brought the champagne to the already-stacked-up wine glasses. I smiled unconsciously as I saw the liquid flowing down to the bottommost glasses. Our close friends and relatives came up to the stage as we distributed the wine glasses filled with champagne.

Then, our arms interlocked, and we downed the glass of champagne in our hands.

Now it feels that we’re really married.

I, Krystal Jung, am married to Lee Taemin. The Lee Taemin, who used to be in my dreams, is now my husband for real.

Taemin’s POV:

I, Lee Taemin, am married to Krystal Jung. I thought it would be a sad thing, since it means the end of my playboy life, but somehow, I actually look forward to our future. Lee Taemin, have I changed?