Rival

My Teacher Minho

Chapter 12 - Rival

"Aish, that was a long flight. I'm sore all over" Yoochun complained, Donghae and Minho chuckled. It was good to be back home but they're sure going to miss being back in Okinawa.

"Luckily we took a lot of photo's ha, I think this one's my favourite" Donghae smirked, secretly showing Minho the photo. It was a photo of Minho and Sulli sitting together on the beach. Minho's eyes widened and grabbed the camere out of his hands, "when did you take this?!" exclaimed Minho. Donghae laughed, "I was just walking by and happened to see you both in such an adorble moment" Donghae said jokingly while pinching Minho's cheeks, teasing the poor guy. 

"Sulli, I'll walk with you home. Your luggage seems a bit heavy" Taemin offered, Sulli nodded slowly. "Uh, yeah sure. Thank you Taemin but I can carry it!" Taemin shook his head, "I will. I'm a gentleman" Taemin stated, smirking.

Minho quickly rushed over to their side, he was going to grab every opportunity Taemin makes for himself. "Taemin you should head home and put your luggage away. You must be tired from the trip, I live near Sulli so it's only logical that I would help her."

Both Minho and Taemin were secretly glaring at each other while Sulli was fixing the handle bar of her suitcase.

"Okay all don-... Are you both okay?" Sulli asks looking a bit worried, the two seemed to be tensed. Minho and Taemin nodded without breaking contact, "we're fine" Taemin stated bluntly. Minho put a thumbs up. Sulli scratched her head in confusion but shrugged it off.

The three waved goodbye to the rest of the classmates and staff. Luckily the airport wasn't a very far distance from where they live, it was just a small local airport.

It was a silent walk, Sulli felt like she had to say something.

"So did you both enjoy the trip?" Sulli mumbled quietly, trying to lighten up the mood. 

"Oh it would've been better if there wasn't anyone interferring" Minho replied plainly, Taemin scoffed. "It was good but it would've been better if people would MIND their own business"

Sulli gulped, "I think I just made the situation worst..." she sighed, the two were both caught up in their own little battle.

Taemin and Minho continued to bicker behind Sulli's back who was only concentrating straight ahead not realising the two were fighting.

That came to an end when they heard Sulli say something they never expected.

"O-Oppa!"

Taemin and Minho turned their heads to find Sulli hugging a rather tall man who was standing in front of her gate.

"Oppa?" Minho and Taemin both said in union confused.

"Ah! Sulli, you still look cute as ever" the man chuckled, ruffling her hair. "Ah, oppa! Stop, you're embarrassing me" Sulli giggled. The man started to notice Minho and Taemin who were both standing their awkwardly.

The man walked towards Taemin and Minho scratched the back of his head.

"Heheh, sorry for being so rude. I'm Heechul!"

"H-Heechul, h-hello" Taemin greeted and bowed, seeing as Heechul seemed older than him. Minho followed, "o-oh, hello nice to meet you" Minho said awkwardly, not sure if he should be worried about this man or not.

"You have some shy friends Sulli" Heechul laughed, Sulli smiled awkwardly. "They're not usually like this..."

Heechul grabbed the luggage out of Minho's and Taemin's hands. "Thank you for carrying her luggage, I really appreciate it seeing as she is a little weakling"

Sulli pouted, "h-hey! That's mean..."

Heechul laughed and apologised. Sulli turned around and bowed down to Minho and Taemin. "Thank you for helping me with my luggage. I'll be going now. See you at school" Sulli hooked arms with Heechul who was effortlessly carrying her luggage as they both walked inside the house together.

Taemin and Minho both stared at them in confusion.

They both decided to make their way back to their houses, they had to walk for a bit together til they had to walk seperate ways.

"Who is he?" Taemin asks Minho, declaring an answer. Minho scoffed, "don't use that tone with your teacher. I have no idea who that man is." Taemin rolled his eyes, "teacher? I think I've lost respect for you... 'teacher'" Taemin rolled his eyes.

Minho stared at him intensely, "excuse me? That's very rude Taemin"

Taemin threw his arms in the air and scoffed, "you like your student! How can I respect someone like that?" with that, Minho remained quiet. Taemin had a point and Minho had no right to declare respect from him.

"At first I thought I only had to get rid of you but now I have to get rid of Heechul?" Taemin sighed, Minho stared at him in disbelief.

"Taemin. You're very immature"

Taemin rolled his eyes, "says you..."

Minho and Taemin finally walked their seperate ways. Both thinking who on earth Heechul was and what he was to Sulli. It was the first time they have ever seen Sulli seem so natrual with someone, she was smiling a lot and she called him oppa. They thought that she was much too shy to call anyone oppa.

--------------------------------------------

Minho locked his car and walked through the gates of the school. He was greeted along the way by many of his students that looked up to him. "Hey Minho" Donghae greeted. Minho smiled in reply.

"So who's the new guy?" Donghae asks while sipping on his coffee. Minho stared at him in confusion.

Donghae divered his gaze towards the direction of the 'new person.' Minho turned around to find Sulli hopping out of the car with Heechul who was driving. 

All the students were staring at both, wondering.

"Who's he?"

"He's cute..."

"Ah! Is that Sulli's boyfriend?!"

Minho clenched his fist, Just who is that guy?! Did he pick her up in the morning? Did he spend the night at her house?!

"Thank you oppa! I'll see you when I get home" Sulli smiled, Heechul gave her a quick hug.

As Heechul was hugging Sulli, he noticed Minho who was staring at them. Heechul chuckled, he also gave Sulli a small peck on the cheek which surprise Sulli. This made Minho grit his teeth. Heechul found this way too amusing.

"O-Oppa!"

Heechul laughed and ruffled her hair, "I've just missed you. It's been a while since I've seen my favourite girl"

Sulli rolled her eyes and waved goodbye before running off.

As Sulli was about to walk past Minho, Minho grabbed her arm.

"Who is he?" Minho asks impatiently. This caught Sulli off guard, before she could reply she was dragged away by Yuri.

"Sorry Minho!" Yuri apologized as she dragged Sulli away.

Taemin laughed, "it looks like EVERYONE is against you being with Sulli" Minho glared at Taemin as he walked by casually.

---------------------------------------

It was the end of school, Minho was getting more curious by the second. Sulli was smiling all day and she seemed so happy. Krystal and Amber seemed to notice it too but choosed not to question it. Taemin was the only one who was showing no emotion to this new Sulli.

Sulli's phone started to ring, Krystal's eyes widened. "Sulli? You got a phone?"

Sulli nodded happily, "yes! My oppa bought it for me" Minho overheard this and stared at her direction. Krystal nodded and continued to put her books inside her back getting ready to leave.

As soon as Krystal and Amber left. It was only Minho, Taemin and Sulli left in the classroom.

"You sure take your time" Taemin laughed, Sulli pouted. "I'm a bit slow... Why are you still here?"

Taemin laughed and hopped closer to her, "oh I'm just waiting for you" he whispered. Minho sighed angrily and walked over to the two.

"Sulli could I have your number? I heard you got a phone" Minho asks, smiling. Taemin scoffed, "oh hey teacher, isn' that a bit innappropiate for a teacher to ask his student for their number?"

Minho glared, "u-uh well, I always ask for everyones number" Minho lied. Taemin laughed, "how come you didn't ask for mine? Do you only ask the female students? Oh what a naughty teacher" Taemin smirked. Minho scoffed, Sulli quickly shook her head.

"I don't think teacher is like that... Here it's ___________"

Minho thanked her and gave Sulli's his.

"A-Ah Sulli, you should give me yours too. You never know when I might need it" Taemin says quickly as an excuse to get her number. Sulli laughed and nodded.

Sulli's phone rang again, "oh who is it now..."

"Hello? Oh oppa!... Um... Today? O-Okay. Yes they're still her. Okay see you soon" 

Sulli hung up, Minho and Taemin stared at her questionly. "Who was it?" Minho asks curiously.

"It was my oppa"

Taemin and Minho both flinched. "Oh."

"He says he wants to treat us to dinner"

Minho and Taemin hesistated but both agreed. Maybe they could find out who he was.

They all ended up at an old traditional place. The food smelled amazing, the three of them walked inside to find Heechul already at a table filled with food.

Minho and Taemin both bowed and greeted Heechul. Heechul laughed, "stop greeting me like that. I'm not an old man who'd snap at you" Minho and Taemin laughed awkwardly in reply and both seated themselves down.

"So you're the two who have been looking after my Sulli?" Heechul smirked.

Heh, my Sulli eh? Minho and Taemin both thought.

"Oppa! It's not like that..."

Heechul chuckled and pinched her cheeks, "sorry boys but I can't let anyone have my Sulli"

"Oppa! Stop you're embarrassing me" Sulli squealed. He continued to pinch her cheeks laughing. Minho clenched his knuckles.

"She said stop!" he snapped, this surprised Heechul, Taemin and Sulli. "A-Alright... I was only joking" Heechul said chuckling. Minho felt a bit embarrassed but he couldn't help it.

After the awkward silence all of them started to converse more natrually. Except Sulli, she was keeping quiet secretly staring at Minho. It was the first time she has seen Minho looking so vulnerable. It suited him, it looked cute. Sulli sighed and smiled.

"Right Sulli?" Heechul smiled.

Sulli didn't reply, she was lost staring at Minho.

"Sulli?" Heechul smirked, noticing this.

Sulli shook her head as she snapped out of it, "I'm sorry?"

"We've known each other since birth!" Heechul laughed. Sulli smiled looking a bit embarrassed and nodded.

Heechul sighed, "Minho, could I talk to you for a second?"

Minho was caught off guard and nodded awkwardly, "ah... sure" Taemin stared at the two boys curiously. Sulli was also confused, "Taemin, Sulli, we'll be right back"

Minho followed Heechul out of the restaurant, both of them were standing outside under the nighy sky in the cold breezy air. 

"It's cute you know" Heechul says. Minho was confused.

"The way Sulli looks at you, it's cute. I've never seen her like someone so much" 

This made Minho even more confused, "h-huh?"

"I never got to introduce myself properly. I'm Heechul. Sulli's older brother, nice to meet you" Heechul smiled. Minho's eyes widened, "b-brother?"

Heechul laughed, "why is that such a surprise? Did you think I was her boyfriend? Is that why you're so obviously jealous?"

Minho's eyes widened in shock, "it's not like that!"

Heechul rolled his eyes, "it's obvious. You might want to work on that, she is your student after all"

Minho sighed and looked down, "it really isn't..."

Heechul chuckled, "I trust her with you, I know you'll look after her"

Minho stared at him confused, "we really do just have a student-teacher relationship..."

"The way I see you stare at her, I don't just see that" Heechul smirked while walking back inside.

Minho was very confused with that conversation, "what is he talking about?..." he was much curious to what he meant. But at the moment, he was satisfied. Heechul was only her brother.

Minho joined the three again with a big smile on his face. Taemin and Sulli were both more curious to what they were talking about.

"Oppa, what were you talking about?"

"Nothing"

"Tell me!"

"It was nothing."

----------------------------------

"Good morning everyone" Minho smiled brightly as he entered the classroom.

Everyone noticed the cheerful auro he had around him, "you must be happy" Key stated. Minho laughed, "is it that obvious?" most of the students nodded. Sulli was still wondering what was the reason that MInho was so happy.

Yuri clenched her fist as she noticed that Minho was taking secret glances at Sulli. This too made her curious.

Did something happen between them? Why is he so happy? Argh! That damn Sulli!

The bell went signally that it was break. Everyone got out of their seats. Minho approached Sulli once there were only a few classmates left in the classroom.

"I was wondering if you'd like to eat lunch with me?" Minho whispered.

"Eat lunch with who did you say?" Yuri asks popping out of no where. Minho jumped, "Y-Yuri!"

"Hi oppa!" Yuri giggled.

"N-No one... I'll be going now" Minho quickly rushed off.

"Hi SulIi, want to eat lunch together?" Sulli nodded happily. Everytime she was with Yuri she would have a good time. Yuri had the same aura as Minho, bright and cheerful. Sulli felt grateful for having a friend like Yuri.

They both sat down at a nice private area under a tree. There wasn't anyone around, it was the 'secret garden' in the school. Students weren't usually allowed here but Yuri always used her cute face to shoo the teachers away.

"Mm this taste so good! Taste it" Yuri smiled while feeding Sulli a peice. Sulli's eyes widened, "this taste so good!"

Yuri giggled, "I made it! It's Minho's favourite. I always make it for him"

Sulli smiled, I wonder if one day I could make food for him.

"Are you and Minho close?" 

Yuri nodded, "I've known Minho since I started middle school. He was very young and still a student..." Yuri sighed happily. "I've been watching him from a distance for a while now..."

Sulli stared at her confused, "watching him?"

Yuri bit her lip and turned around to face Sulli, she grabbed onto Sulli's hands tightly.

"Sulli can I ask a favour?"

Sulli started at her shocked, "a-a favour for a friend?! O-Of course!" Sulli felt joy as this was the first time someone was counting on her. "I've never been ask for a favour before..."

"So you'll do it right?"

Sulli nodded, "of course!"

"Help me date Minho!"

Sulli's eyes widened, "w-what?"

"I like Minho... No I love Minho. I want to be with him but I just can't do it by myself! Thank you for doing this favour for me Sulli. You're the greatest friend" Yuri smiled happily and quickly got up. Before she could run off, Sulli grabbed her arm. Yuri's eyes widened.

"I-I'm sorry... I can't help you with that..."

"W-What?" Yuri felt anger boiling up in her.

"Why? Why can't you? Is it because you like Minho?!"

Sulli shut her eyes tightly, "yes!" she shouted.

"I like t-teacher Minho. I'm sorry Yuri... I can't help you with this one"

Yuri clenched her fist, "why?! Why do you like Minho?! How is he special to you? Do you think you can be with Minho?! No! You're not as pretty as me!" Yuri cried out.

Tears were starting to form, Yuri knew very well that Minho likes Sulli too. Even though they both liked each other, she couldn't accept the possibility of them being together.

Sulli was shocked, to see Yuri crying was very unsual.

"I... I love Minho" Yuri chocked out.

"Y-Yuri..." Sulli lightly touched Yuri's arm but Yuri yanked her arm away and turned her back towards her.

"What do you know?... What do you know?! You know nothing... You don't deserve it... YOU DON'T! I've always been watching him... Do you know his favourite colour? Do you know his favourite song? Movie? Do you know that he's afraid of heights? Do you know that he loves to listen to slow ballad songs before he sleeps?! You don't... I've always been there with him to notice the little things about him... He's always told me everything... But ever since you came along... I'm slowly losing him"

Sulli was shocked, "what do you mean? I... I never took him away from you..." Sulli was completely confused with her statement.

"You really don't know do you? You really don't..." Yuri cried out. 

"I didn't mean to hurt you... I'm sorry I'm such a bad friend"

Yuri scoffed, "friends huh? You're not a friend"

Sulli's eyes widened.

"You're a rival!" Yuri cried out before running away.

------------------------------------------

~ Author's Note ~

Long... Long chapter. I was going to spread this out out into two chapters more detailed but I don't want to keep you guys waiting for THAT CHAPTER. You know... THAT CHAPTER... That chapter everyone's waiting for... We're always getting one more chapter closer to it hehe. I hope you enjoy it... I think you will enjoy the next chapter :)

Comment subscribe! UPVOTE hehe

Saranghae ♥

Comment replies:

@giezpark: hehehe thank you for commenting :DD
@Chocolate_loves: Hehe hope you enjoy :)
@theshineeluver: Here ya go :D Kind of left this one with one too :(
@Officialhumai: Aw sorry, I shall update quicker ^_^
@dyurika: Sorry, I had to end the Okinawa chapters in the 3rd :( I'll make more Minsul moments tho I promise :D
@Syamimi_Munir: We'll get to that soon ;)
@rubymnk: Thank you <3
@pandora460: I'll try to get it to 10 next time ^_^
@wee0406: Confession is sooner than you think :D
@vyrmag: Soon soon :D
@nana4ever: Hehe i'm glad. I'l make more soon hehe.
@AuliaKim: Of course they will nothing can stop them from being together ;) both instory and in real life.. hehe.