Let's be friends

Is this...love?

 

*Ring~!*

"Okay class, I'll see you tomorrow, annyeong!"

"Ne! Kamsahamnida sangsaengnim," the class replied.

 

The students made their way to the cafeteria for lunch and Woohyun found himself looking for Chorong who was lost in the crowd. He spotted her and was about to go up to her when, out of the blue, a girl hugged him from behind. He spun around.

 

“What are you doing!”

 

“Woohyun sunbaenim, I really like you... jinjja johahae,” the girl said as she handed him a letter, “I’m Son Naeun.”

 

“Arraseo, now get out of my way,” Woohyun said, irritated that this girl prevented him from catching up with Chorong.

 

Chorong, on the other hand, witnessed the scene from a distance. What an obnoxious guy! she thought to herself for the second time that day.

 

Woohyun saw Chorong looking in his direction and smiled to himself. Without noticing her frown, he made his way to her, flashing his killer smile.

 

“Park Chorong-shii!”

 

Her frown deepened and she turned away.

 

“Let’s be friends, I’m Nam Woohyun,” he said, appearing beside her.

 

She ignored him and continued to walk to the cafeteria.

 

“You’re new here right? I can take you to the cafeteria,” he went on.

 

She just walked in silence. Woohyun was a little bewildered by her lack of response. Most girls would be flattered by my attention, he thought, and she doesn’t even reply me.

 

But he wasn’t deterred. He grabbed her arm and turned her to face him. She stopped abruptly, shocked and annoyed by his sudden action.

 

“Yah! Park Chorong! Wae geurae! Can’t you reply me?!”

 

She glared at him.

 

”No, we can’t be friends. Yes, I know who you are. Yes I’m new here, but no I don’t need you to take me to the cafeteria, Juri sangsaengnim already gave me a tour of the school, I know my way around."

 

Chorong stopped to take a breath before continuing, “I’ve replied you already, now stop bothering me.” She yanked her hand out of his grasp and walked briskly to the cafeteria.