A flying kiss

Is this...love?

 

-flashback: the day before-

 

During the surprise picnic Chorong had prepared…

 

“Ah!” Chorong let out a squeak as Woohyun caught her by the arm.

 

“Gotcha!” He smiled, triumphant.

 

“Arraseo, arraseo,” she conceded defeat.

 

He grabbed her waist and turned her to face him. Gazing at her soft lips, he leaned in.

 

She was shocked by his sudden move. She turned away and blinked a few times, startled and confused.

 

Am I still doubtful of him?

 

-end of flashback-

 

“I feel bad that I’m like this, “ Chorong rested her head on the table. “But I can’t help it.”

 

“Unnie, it’s not your fault,” Hayoung said. “You agreed to start anew with him, but it takes time for you to trust him again.”

 

Bomi patted Chorong on the back. “Since you guys started afresh, that surprise picnic was like your first date. Who kisses on the first date anyway, right?”

 

Chorong smiled at her semi-joke.

 

Hayoung nodded, agreeing with Bomi. “It’s better to take it slow.”

 

Chorong bit her lip, still feeling slightly sorry towards her boyfriend. "I didn't mean to reject him, but I just turned away instinctively. It was a reflex action, I couldn't help it."

 

“Gwenchana, you can take your time. If he’s sincere about you, he’ll wait.” Bomi stated matter-of-factly.

 

“In the meantime, you can still show some affection for him if you are feeling bad about it,” Hayoung said.

 

“Ne?”

 

Hayoung observed Woohyun as they walked into the classroom. “He does seem a little down, you should show some affection so that he doesn't feel like he's rejected by you.”

 

"Huh?"

 

Bomi chuckled as an idea came into her mind. She whispered to Chorong, “Blow him a few kisses or something, that’ll make him feel better.”

 

“Mwo?”

 

“Unnie, what’s with your one-word answers? Go on, do it!” Bomi nudged.

 

Hayoung nudged Chorong too. “Ppali, I have to go to class soon and I have to see you do it first!”

 

Chorong managed to catch Woohyun’s eye while none of his friends were looking. She blew him a kiss discretely while giving a subtle wink. Bomi and Hayoung silently chuckled, proud of their friend.

Woohyun felt a smile creeping onto his face, with his spirits lifted. 

For the first time in the many years that he had been a player, he felt himself blush at a girl’s display of affection. He felt slightly shy, and yet her actions made him crave the taste of her lips more.

 

Chorong-ah, only you can make me feel this way…