Hugs & fluttering hearts

Is this...love?

 

 “You’re alone for cleaning duty today, huh?”

 

Bomi turned around, surprised to find a group of unfamiliar boys entering the classroom and starting to crowd around her.

 

“What do you guys want?” She frowned, slightly taken aback by their intimidating presence.

 

“Some fun, maybe?” One of the smirked and grabbed her arm, pulling her closer to them.

 

“Eo? I don’t see those kingka guys anywhere… No ones gonna save you now,” the guy scoffed while his companions laughed.

 

“Kingka?? What are you talking about?” Bomi looked at them, confused. “I’m not friends with those conceited guys!”

 

“Oh yeah?”

 

He started to put his hands around her waist and his face leaned in closer to hers.

 

“Ahh! Get away from me!!” Bomi yelled, almost in tears.

 

She could see his face getting closer and closer when suddenly, it disappeared from her line of sight.

 

“Arghhh!”

 

The next thing she knew was seeing him squirming on the floor, and his companions cowering away from the person who punched him. A moment later they all scurried away in fear.

 

“Yoseob-shii…”

 

“Bomi-shii, qwenchana?” His brows furrowed in concern.

 

“Ne,” Bomi looked at him gratefully, “Gomawo, Yoseob-shii.”

Thankfully he saved me, she thought. I guess not all of the kingka guys are bad after all…

 

“Mianhe, I shouldn’t have left you here alone… I was supposed to be on duty too.”

 

“It’s okay, you were just gone for a while, who knew those guys were gonna come,” she looked at him and smiled.

 

She’s pretty… And those eyes…Oh my god, I thought I liked Chorong?! What am I thinking?!

 

“Yoseob-shii?” Bomi saw him staring at her blankly without responding. “Yoseob-shii, its really alright, I’m fine now, you don’t have to feel guilty about it.”

 

“’M-mwo?” Yoseob snapped out of his thoughts. “Oh, ne, arraseo.”

 

“Thanks again,” Bomi gave him a small hug.

 

* Dugeun dugeun*

Goodness, why is my heart beating so quickly? Yoseob was startled by her sudden hug.

 

I didn’t feel this way when I hugged Chorong…

.

.

.

“Look, I’m sorry about the other day… I didn’t mean to…”

 

“Gwenchana.”

 

“Chorong-ah, have you forgiven me?” Woohyun looked at her hopefully while walking alongside her in the hallway.

 

“I didn’t blame you for talking about my parents anyway,” she shrugged nonchalantly.

 

“Then why do you ignore me?”

 

“I’ve always ignored you since day one. Haven’t you noticed?” she rolled her eyes.

 

“Why? I haven’t done anything to you.”

 

“I know,” she said. And it’d better stay that way.

 

All of a sudden he pulled her into a hug.

 

“Don’t ignore me please, Chorong-ah,” he pleaded.

 

“Nam Woohyun! Let me go!”

 

She struggled in his grip for a few minutes before finally giving up. It feels so warm and safe to be in his embrace, she realized. But I can’t trust him, can I?

 

He buried his face in her hair and took in her scent. Chorong-ah, be with me, please?