Chajatta

Is this...love?

 

-flashback: 10 years ago-

 

There was a loud crash and a young boy screamed as he saw the wreckage as soon as he stepped out of his house.

 

“Hyunnie! What are you-“ His mum went out of the house and stared in shock.

 

“Omo! Eottoke?!”

 

His parents, being the first witnesses of the scene, hurriedly rescued the little girl in the car and called for the ambulance.

 

“Hyunnie, bring this girl into the house, she must have suffered a lot trauma,” his father said.

 

“Ne appa.”

 

To the little girl, he said,” Kaja.”

 

She refused to eat, drink, talk, or even cry. He could see her doe eyes glistening up with tears but she refused to let her tears fall.

 

The boy felt a stir in his heart.  He could tell she was broken on the inside, yet she tried to put up a strong front. He reached out and hugged her.

 

She was startled but felt comforted by his hug. He felt his sleeve becoming damp.

Slowly, her tears started to fall.

 

He managed to break down the wall of defense that was around her. She felt strangely comfortable in his presence; maybe it was because his family’s situation mirrored hers.

 

In the short span of a few days that she stayed at his house, she saw first-hand the fighting of his parents and his frustration at not being able to stop them.

 

He was hot-tempered towards his family, but he felt different when he was with her. He was old enough to be aware of his feelings but too young to know what those feelings were.

 

But before he could figure it out, they were separated, and she was to be placed in the care of a guardian until she was old enough to be on her own.

 

They didn't know if they would see each other ever again.

 

-end of flashback-

 

 

Chorong was startled but felt comforted by his hug. Woohyun felt his sleeve becoming damp. Slowly, her tears started to fall again.

 

“Chajatta, Chorong-ah,” Woohyun whispered.