Missing You

The Story of Us

Days passed quite fast for me eversince I got a new hobby. Since I can’t do anything heavy, I searched up in the net and also some books from the library on knitting. I know its usually a hobby for old people sitting on rocking chairs with all their children grown up, but its actually quite relaxing and takes your mind off things. And that’s exactly how my days passed while I was staying at Yoseob’s house.

 

I managed to do some small mittens and socks for their newborn. I showed Hyerin and she told me I should start a business with it. I just laughed it off but the idea got stucked to my mind.

 

The song on my playlist stopped abruptedly as a call came in. I stopped my work and looked at the caller id.

 

“Hi~” I said with a smile.

 

“Hey I missed you,” Junhyung said at the other end.

 

I chuckled. “You called me everyday Junhyung.”

 

“Why? You don’t like it?” he said and I can imagine him pouting.        

 

“Its not that.. But you called me everyday. How can you still miss me?” I said.

 

“Because you’re not here…” he whined.

 

I chuckled. “Oh come on. Since when are you so dependent on me? Before we got married, I left you so many times on your own before we made up. You seemed okay.”

 

“That’s because I can’t whine to you how much I missed you. You don’t know how much I have to whine to myself and Yoseob about how much I missed you. Hyuna yah… come here please.”

 

I laughed at his childishness. “Its just 4 more days. You’ll survive,” I said coolly.

 

I heard him sigh heavily. We remained quiet for awhile until he spoke again.

 

“Hyuna..”

 

“Hm?”

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Talking to you?”

 

“Before this of course,” he said.

 

“It’s a surprise,” I chuckled.

 

“So you’re doing my surprise now?” he said, sounding much more excited.

 

“Who said it’s for you??” I laughed.

 

“But you said you were going to give me a surprise when I get back….” he sulked.

 

“Yes…. But I didn’t say what I’m doing now is for you,” I said.

 

“Why can’t you tell me then?”

 

I shook my head slightly, smiling to myself. “Fine fine.. But you have to answer a question first. If you get it right, I’ll tell you.”

 

“Okay!” he said, sounding like a child.

 

“What is the best thing that has ever happened in my life?” I asked.

 

“What?? How should I know!”

 

“I’ve told you before! Well unless you weren’t listening at that time…” I pretended to be hurt.

 

“A-aniya.. Of course I remember! Um.. It’s um..” I chuckled silently, waiting for his answer.

 

“I know! Marrying me!” he said happily.

 

“No that’s you! You don’t remember right. Just admit it,” I said.

 

“Ayeee… you know I have so much things on my mind. I remember. Its at the tip of my mind. But I just..”

 

“Can’t remember?” I laughed.

 

“So will you tell me?” he asked.

 

“I’ll give you a choice. Do you want to know what I was doing or you want to know the answer to my question?”

 

“That’s not fair…” he whined even more.

 

“Choose Yong Junhyung,” I said seriously.

 

“Okay okay. Er… Your answer to your question,” he said. Oh? I was expecting the other one.

 

“Okay.. The best thing that has ever happened in my life is.. knowing you,” I said, blushing slightly at my own answer.

 

He remained quiet and for a second I thought he fainted.

 

“Jun?”

 

“Hm?” his voice was slightly high pitched, which usually indicates that he was really happy to say anything else.

 

I chuckled. “Don’t just keep quiet. I thought something happened.”

 

He chuckled. “I don’t know what to answer. Hee~”

 

“Okay then. I’ll hang up,” I said.

 

“No no! I still want to hear your voice…”

 

“Don’t you have work?” I asked.

 

“Ended. That’s why I’m calling you, dear..”

 

“Ah.. Aren’t you tired?”

 

“A little. But I still want to talk to you..” I just smiled and shook my head. I know I really can’t stop him and tell him to go and rest. In fact, I wanted to talk to him too. We chatted for a while about Italy and how has it been in Yoseob’s house. I decided to end the call when his voice started to get all blury and the things he say wasn’t making any sense. That’s definitely a sign that he really should sleep and we ended the call.

 

A smile was still plastered on my face, staring at my phone. Finally, I placed my earphones back on and played the song that was being stopped abruptedly. I hummed quietly to the song as I completed the letter J on the blanket I was knitting.

 

***

“Unnie, are you sure you’re okay at home alone?” Hyerin confirmed with me one last time. This would be like the 11th time she had asked me the question. And Yoseob isn’t helping either.

 

“If anything happens to you, hyung will never forgive me noona,” he said, worry written all over his face.

 

The two had a company dinner that night and had to leave me at home alone. They were so worried to leave me alone that Hyerin wanted to let Yoseob go on his own if I didn’t stop her. I insisted that both of them go and have fun for the night and that I was fine being at home alone. After much persisting, they finally decided to go but was still having secind thoughts just as they were about to go out.

 

“Yes Hyerin, Yoseob. I’m fine. I’m a grown up you know. Even mum can live on her own,” I said.

 

“But mum is not…” Hyerin trailed off.

 

“Sick? Yes I know. I’m sick but I think today is one of the days that I’m able to do work, so don’t worry okay? The most I’m going to do is either watch tv or just knit in the room,” I reassured them. Hyerin looked at Yoseob and he nodded understandingly.

 

“But if anything- just, anything, call either one of us okay? We will go home straightaway. Okay?” Yoseob said.

 

“Yes Yoseob-ah.. Now can you two get going already? You’re going to be late!” I said, pushing both of them gently towards the door.

 

“Call us okay noona! Call! Oh and if you want to sleep, just sleep. We’ll bring our keys. Okay? You don’t have to wait for us,” he said. I’ve been saying yes again and again until the both of them are finally in the car and head off to the dinner.

 

I sat in the living room and start channel surfing. I stopped suddenly at a music show as a singer was about to end his song. The stage lights went off and a solo spotlight appeared at some corner. The sillouette of the next singer appeared.

 

“He looks familiar..” I thought to myself. As he turned, I just smiled to myself. Of course, its none other than my own husband. He was wearing a really nice suit and tie and his hair was spiked up. I tilted my head slightly as I sat back and admire his performance.

 

“How did I get so lucky..?” I sighed as he smirked and winked while singing and rapping on stage.

 

I spent the whole night watching Junhyung’s music videos and live performances on the net after watching the music show on tv. I love when he dances to a fast song but when he sings to a slow soulful song, he appear as the romantic sweet guy he really is. The person that I always see at home, only at home he’s much much more than that.

 

While watching one of his slow song music video, I took his pillow on his side of the bed and hugged it tight, snuggling my nose on it. His scent still lingers on his pillow and I always hug the pillow whenever he’s not around. Without realising, I actually teared up slightly. I guess I missed him as much too.

 


So I decided to make this day a special day to so called celebrate B2st's new song and all kill and FIRST WIN WITHOUT PROMOTIONS and also 4minute's great succes with their comeback :)) If you are subscribed to more than one of my on-going fics, you would know that I updated all my fics in one shot. Heee~ Hope you guys enjoy all the updates^^ And don't forget to comment! :D

Note: I'm also here to tell you that I'm not going to update this fic until My Angel finish. Its only fair since I stop updating My Angel when I wanted to finish WPH. So see you when I'm back :) Have a good day my lovely readers~