entry ten

Dear Diary...♡

 


Diary Entry Ten | Nevertheless


 

Donghae seems to be doing well.



Books clutch to her chest and strolling through the school’s campus. This side of the school was much greener than the concrete jungle on the other side. Luscious grass sprouted alongside the footpaths and even a fountain laid on the middle. All these quaint qualities made it quite a popular place for students. It was also the eating area where all the round picnic tables were places - where Jessica goes every day.

Jessica placed her bag on her table and shuffled through its contents then pulled out an apple and began taking small bites out of it as the juices spilled out from the ripe red fruit. Donghae had not arrived yet, Jessica remembered that he has maths class and Mrs Kim usually keeps him in longer after class (normally for falling asleep). 

 

Maybe we've grown apart, but he's still the same.

 

Soon enough, Donghae emerged rubbing his head with tired eyes. When he lifted his head he caught Jessica's eyes and waved to which Jessica nodded and smiled back before he took his seat by Yoona. 

 

I'm sad that we don't talk so freely anymore.

 

Jessica was disappointed at first. She and Donghae hadn't talked properly in a while but she understood his situation. At least he would still give her signals that he hadn't completely forgotten her, and she appreciated that.

 

And just as I was getting used to being lonely...

 

Jessica sat again engulfed in her own silence whilst the world yelled around her and prepared for the isolation. However, along came Kai, Kris and Luhan. For a second, she almost forgot they had been around for her when no one else was for the past few days. Although they have only known each other days for a handful of days and they were not all too familiar they showed great compassion when it came to Jessica.

 

... the world has thing funny way of making things better again.

 

"Noona!" Luhan sang merrily in his typical upbeat voice. Jessica couldn't help giggle. He was like a little ray of sunshine. He, Kai and Kris walked towards her. Luhan stood in front in front of her next to Kai whilst Kris sat on the wooden tables surface and resting his endless legs on the seat.

"What're you doing, Jessica? Kai asked.



It's funny how things work out that way, right?



"I’m writing my three thousand word essay." Jessica sighed.

"I've got that essay to do too." Kris nodded before pressing his lips together.

"But we also got food!" Kai added holding up a plastic bag which seemed to be steaming from its hot contents.

"And food is much better than work!" exclaimed Luhan. "Noona! You should eat with us!" 

"Yeah, I bought plenty of food to share." Kris added encouragingly, and plopped a bento box in front of her and opening it ready for her to eat before she could even object.

 

I'm no philosopher and maybe I will never quite know just how things work out that way. But one thing I know for sure is that...

 

Jessica blinked down at it for a few seconds before starring up at the three of them who smiled down warmly at her. So Jessica smiles back, nods furiously and they gladly crowd around her now-not-so-lonely lonesome table and they eat happily together.

 

... I'm grateful nevertheless.
 

 


 

[twenty third of june two thousand and twelve]

Dear diary... 

 

Donghae seems to be doing well. Maybe we've grown apart, but he's still the same.I'm sad that we don't talk so freely anymore. And just as I was getting used to being lonely, the world has thing funny way of making things better again. It's funny how things work out that way, right? I'm no philosopher and maybe I will never quite know just how things work out that way. But one thing I know for sure is that - I'm grateful nevertheless.
 

Jessica Jung


 

 

 

 

I hope you're all still enjoying the story! I don't really mind about how 'popular' my story is, just as long as I have a few of you liking the story I'm very grateful for you the reader's support~ <3