entry sixteen

Dear Diary...♡

 


Diary Entry Sixteen | Clarity


 

 

The little details of life are often overlooked and disregarded…



The hordes of students scrambled into their designated class rooms as soon as the ear splitting ring of the bell echoed throughout the school. Jessica entered her class with Mrs Hwang, a lesson she enjoyed quite a bit since she knew a little English already. She took her normal seat by the window which displayed the clear (albeit very grey) sky brilliantly through its glossy glass surface. It was not the most beautiful of days but she appreciated it nonetheless.
 


… often clouded by negative thoughts like envy, denial and pessimism. 
 


Yoona suddenly gracefully appeared in the doorway. You could normally tell when she stepped in the room, her presence was subtle but one you could not ignore. She clutched a single pale blue book at her side and Jessica could have sworn that all it would take was a gust of wind flowing through her hair and the whole scene would have looked like a cut from a drama. Yoona had always been elegant and careful with everything she did. Surprisingly, Jessica found that she stopped in her tracks and was in fact smiling nicely in her direction, realising the only seat available was at the back beside her and Yoona was making her way in her direction. 



Sometimes it does take a lot of effort to open your eyes from all the bad things which cloud your vision.



Yoona sat down and Jessica noted a hint of strawberry and peach lingered around her - living up to her sweet reputation.

"Hello Jessica!" Yoona greeted politely as she put down her book with an elegance only she could exude.

"Hi Yoona." Jessica greeted back sending a smile in her direction, although finding the whole situation a little foreign to her, not to mention Yoona seemed to know her name.

Yoona however stayed very composed and ever so nice. Jessica surprisingly found herself becoming quite friendly with the schools most popular sort after girl.

 


When you do however, it's more refreshing than the cold wind on a boiling summers day.



The jealously Jessica felt towards the taller female had faded somewhat, instead she found herself befriending Yoona during the hour. She found her useless jealously was rather frivolous since Yoona was always genuinely nice. Taking away her best friend was something she did not purposefully intend. Instead, they talked about their hobbies and interests. Jessica learnt that Yoona wanted to become a serious actress but was considering a career in law instead because her parents wanted her to pursue a more high status job and because she wanted to be able to help people who might need her to fight their cases. Also, her favourite colour was baby blue and she enjoyed watching romantic dramas. Although, the whole situation it was a little awkward for Jessica (as all social encounters often were) she found Yoona was quite easy to talk to. The bell echoed across the hall once more signalling the end of class and bringing a halt to the duos conversations.

"See you later!" Yoona waved, still packing her books into her bag as Jessica packed hers and was ready to leave.

"Bye Yoona!" she replied whilst waving back and heading out the door.

To her surprise she found Kris leaning against the wall beside the door but being absent minded she had walked straight into him. The impact was centred on her nose and she rubbed it in pain and with a pout. Kris being tall and the captain of the basketball team pushed himself off the wall and stood up, apparently, though not surprisingly, unmoved by the tiny figure which had just collided into him. Kris only laughed at how unobservant she was of her surroundings and the adorable expression across her scrunched up face. 

"Shouldn't you be a bit more careful?" He teased. Jessica only narrowed her eyes and pouted even more and Kris mentally noted how cute she was and how he should more often. He reached out and ruffled her hair before slinging his arm over her shoulders.

"Come on, Kai and Luhan are waiting for us. Luhan managed to get us bento boxes from this restaurant and I personally volunteered to wait outside your class and take you there." 

 

I'm so glad I've banished those clouds.



"Hm... I supposed we should go then!" Jessica said, trying to hide the childish excitement inside her whilst she thought about the prospect of food – she hadn’t eaten that morning and totally forgot about tea last whilst working late on an essay due that day.

Kris chuckled once more and pinched her cheek which made Jessica's pout return once more - much to his liking.

"Aw, you guys are so cute!" said Yoona as she suddenly exited the classroom, furrowing her eyebrows and scrunching up her lips in admiration of the adorable duo. 

Jessica blushed whilst Kris only chuckled like the many more times he would during that day. 


 

It's about time I enjoy the wind upon my face, and it has never ever felt so good.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

[twenty ninth of november two thousand and twelve]

Dear diary... 

 

The little details of life are often overlooked and disregarded, often clouded by negative thoughts like envy, denial and pessimism. Sometimes it does take a lot of effort to open your eyes from all the bad things which cloud your vision. When you do however, it's more refreshing than the cold wind on a boiling summers day. I’m so glad I’ve banished those clouds. It's about time I enjoy the wind upon my face, and it has never ever felt so good.


Jessica Jung


 

 

 

 

I have my exams veery soon, hence the gap in updates.
I will hopefully be back at the end of my exams though (10th June) and updating as per usual! 

but I made a special exception and thought I'd update today because today I reached 21 upvotes and 100 subscribers!
thank you upvoters and subscribers! thank so you so so much for your support. thank you for even reading this.
I am completely astonished that 100 people actually read this story and 1 in 5 of those people like it enough to upvote!

As a writer I see a lot of flaws in my own writing but your suportive comments are really encouraging (criticism still welcome), 
especially since this was a story I to just improve my writing! 
I appreciate everyone of you,
even if you are a silent reader because you are at least silently taking your time to read this story.

thank you, really ^___^