entry eight

Dear Diary...♡

 


Diary Entry Eight | Remnants Of Us


 

I've been daydreaming lately.



Jessica sat in class, her head nestled in her hands and her eyes directed outside at the window. Her mind wondered off onto other subjects rather than English which was the class she was currently sat in. Mrs Hwang had no problem with this though; Jessica was already over achieving since Jessica had previously lived in the US before moving back to Korea to live with her grandparents after her parents died in a car accident. Her teacher was in fact good friends with her parents which Jessica appreciated greatly when she allowed her to take it easy in her class.

 

Reminiscing of what we used to be.



Jessica had her eyes transfixed outside the window. Her stare was blank and hallow like her eyes had been glazed over like a porcelain doll. A sigh escaped her lips as she remembered how Donghae would drag her out of English class and just sit enjoying the sun in that very grassy spot outside the window. 

Donghae would urge her to sit on the grass despite it being moist from the night before and stare up at the sky. They would trace the clouds with their fingers, making all sorts of imaginary shapes from the cotton clouds which drifted effortlessly past them. 


 

How I wish so badly that we could just go back to those times...



flashback

"That one looks like a sheep!" Jessica cried in happiness which her arm outstretched and pointing to a huge white cloud floating by. This caused Donghae to turn his gaze and direct it at her with an eyebrow raised and a goofy 'are you serious' face.

"Sica, they all look like sheep!" He let out a chuckle. Jessica pouted when he began to clutch at his sides as the laughing refused to diminish. Soon he was a laughing wreck on the floor clutching his sides, now in pain.

"I didn't think it was that funny..." Jessica murmured to herself. "and yah! Stop being so noisy! Our English class that we're meant to be in right now is just over there." She reminded, still apprehensive over the idea of skipping a class.

Finally, Donghae cooled down a little. Sometimes hiccups of laughter would resurface but he was calm enough to lift himself off the ground and sit upright next to her. 

"Relax, Mrs Hwang knows you're a English superstar and that I'm not doing too bad either thanks to you." Swinging his arm around her shoulder he sent her a thankful smile. 

"Well you were pestering me over it, Aidan." Donghae lips stretched out to a triumphant smile. 

"I like that name." 

"I know you do." 

They both turned back to the clouds floating by and just watched as they went drifting across the azure sky.

"That one looks like a bird."

...

"It still looks like a sheep to me!"


Jessica snapped out of her trance. A thin smile curved on her berry kissed lips.


 


But it's better to have good memories than none at all...
 



Suddenly a buzz was felt in Jessica's pocket and she pulled it out and read the text.

Donghae - Good morning, Sica! :p

And suddenly a warmth rushed through Jessica's veins. She did not reply though, it would only be in vain, for outstretched on the grass outside her English classroom was Donghae and Yoona. His arm was around her shoulder, smiles stamped on their faces whilst tracing shapes in the cotton clouds as they drift effortlessly by.

 



... though memories can be rewritten with new ones and we can forget them all.

 

 

 


[fifteenth of june two thousand and twelve]

Dear diary... 

 

I've been daydreaming lately. Reminiscing of what we used to be. How I wish so badly that we could just go back to those times. But it's better to have good memories than none at all... though memories can be rewritten with new ones and we can forget them all.

- Jessica Jung


 

 

 

 

still a bit of angst and sadness. a little haesica too!~ don't worry this is the last of it! I almost promise. also, I cannot post a Christmas chapter but I will continue updating as normal and possibly post a very late Christmas chapter! 

also you can read a review of my story here~ link 
it was a bad review, I have to admit. T____T
I did not know it was so bad, but I will improve for you guys! ^^

[credits to lightning speed review shop.]

 

now queue a ramble about this chapter!
still a tiny bit of sadness and a pinch of haesica. I think a little sneak peek into their past into their past has a kind of nastalgic feeling that I wanted to inject into the story. And I still wanted the feeling of Donghae just being there, always lurking in the edges of Jessica's heart - though I know some of you may be sick of Jessica's heartbreak over him. Though, none of you have expressed much hatred towards him, which is what I wanted really! I didn't want Donghae or even Yoona as a 'villan' here but rather the 'villan' (if you can call it that) the little unfortunate turn of events which happens to everybody! also, do you guys like this little 'synposis' at the end? this is the first time I've done it. Would you rather just read it and go with the flow? because I do want a story that speaks for itself, but sometimes going into the details make you appreciate things more.