entry twenty-one

Dear Diary...♡
 

Diary Entry Twenty-One | Split


 

 

The victory was glorious. The whole school was estatic with cheer. Kris couldn't walk down the hallway without a flurry of bodies crowding around him to pat him on the back. Even teachers nodded their head at him and the other EXO boys when ever they past them. Kris was always gracious. Greeting every person with a smile every time he was stopped. Gosh... doesn't that boy get tired?

 

In a twist of fate life can throw things at you that question all your beliefs.

 

Jessica watched from afar as Kris was bombarded with praise whilst she fumbled inside her locker. Kris, being extremely tall, spotted her even at that distance and quickly excused himself before another person would end up cornering him again. He closed the distance quickly, almost at lightning speed and grasped Jessica's hand before she could so much as say 'Hello'.

 

She can pluck away your happiness.

 

"You, me, outside, now." His voice was drenched in desperation and it stopped any complaints in Jessica's head, only giggling at his desire to get away from everyone as quickly as possible. 'Apparently even the great Kris Wu has his limits.' She thought idly to herself. 

 

But then give you something else to smile for.

 

Once outside, Kris fell onto the nearest bench and rest his elbows on the wooden table and threaded his hands in his hair.

"That was manic." He stated simply.

Jessica laughed "Well you deserve it Mr. Bigshot." 

Kris lifted his head from his hands and raised an eyebrow in her direction before lightly poking her side. Jessica squirmed at his playful assault before playfully punching his left arm. Kris pouted. A rare sight from the usually stoic figure but Jessica just shook her head and grinned widely.

"Don't worry it'll die down eventually."

"Hm. I hope so. Anyway, my couch said he needed to see me today. Catch you later, Miss Jung?" 

The last sentence was a statement rather than a question. They met up with each other after classes everyday to get a drink or a bite to eat. Nevertheless, the girl nodded and gave him two thumbs up as the older boy stood up, with his backpack dangling off one shoulder and ready to go. Kris grinned and ruffled her hair affectionately. Usually he would have left it at that and left but his hand lingered longer on the top of her head. Jessica looked up and caught his eye. He had a unreadable sparkle in his eyes as his gaze lingered on the girl in front of him. 

Jessica could have sworn what happened next stimueously felt like it occured in slow motion yet felt so quick that she questioned whether it happened at all. Kris had leant down and kissed her forehead before rustling her hair again and dashing towards the basketball courts. 

Jessica blew her now messed up hair from her eyes and blinked at the spot where Kris had stood. 

 

What what happens when she presents you with the two?

 

She must have sat there googly eyed for a while. That was until the moment she stripped her gaze away from the spot Kris stood onto another set of eyes that she had longed for for so long. 

His eyes too were unreadable, but in a different way. His aura was strange. Different. Not calm and collected like Kris. Not perceptive and passionate like Kai. Not cheerful and free like Luhan. No. They held a sort of wistfulness in his dark orbs. His lips were pressed together like he was biting the inside of his cheek. Jessica couldn't seem to tear herself away until her senses returned and she scambled to gather her things to make a swift exit. 

His eyes still trailed after her fleeting figure, even after she turned the corner and left his line of sight.

"Donghae?" A voice called from next to him.

"Mmm...?" 

"You okay?" He turned to face the speaker. He smiled.

"Sorry, Yoona, just got distracted. What were you saying again?" 

He put on a smile for her sake and nodded along like she had his full attention but he couldn't help but concentrate on the feeling in his chest. It was like a pain that had only just surfaced. One he wasn't even aware of feeling until now. He knew one thing though, and it was that Jessica Jung was the only one who could cure it.

 

Who do you smile for then?

 

 

 

[fifteenth of november two thousand and twelve]

Dear diary... 

In a twist of fate life can throw things at you that question all your beliefs. She can pluck away your happiness. But then give you something else to smile for. What what happens when she presents you with the two? Who do you smile for then?

Jessica Jung


 

 

Thank you for your patience if you're still reading this. Believe me I have every intention of finishing this fanfic as long as you keep reading!

But please understand, since starting this fanfiction my writing has changed and I want to finish this fic just so I can start new material. I don't want to keep you hanging though so I will try my hardest to finish it! Don't get me wrong, I still feel a strong sense of pride over this story and I will still try to write in the highest quality that I am able! Sorry, if it seems rushed or not as well written in these later chapters though. I hope you continue to support this fic!