entry thirteen

Dear Diary...♡

 

 


Diary Entry Thirteen | Passion


 
 

Passion is something that not anyone can possess.

 

Jessica sat down on one of the wooden benches which overlooked the basketball court. She had her headphones plugged in and she let the music flood her ears. She watched appreciatively at Kris who played with his team mates. Together they formed a team called 'EXO'. 

 

Some people may be trapped in their own pessimism and merely accept a life they have no motivation leading.

 

She closed her eyes for a second. Enjoying the breeze on her face as it tickled the features of her face - curving around her nose and dancing on her cheeks. She enjoyed the soft cooling sensation when the noise of people around her was drowned out and replaced by the light strums of a guitar and delicate tunes of a piano. 

 

Passion however, comes in the form of Luhan's happy attitude to life itself - his drive to do more and live life to its maximum.

 

Once she opened her eyes the golden orange rays of sun beamed until her orbs, illuminating the deep brown within her eyes and causing her pupils instantly to shrink. The sky had casted over with a multitude of colours, pinks, oranges and blues as the sun began to lower.
 


Passion comes in the form of Kai's dance. His endless practicing and the fatigue he endures, yet his willingness to always get back up.
 


Unplugging one of her earphones she allowed it to fall from her palm onto the bench. Sounds of screeching trainers and shouts of encouragement began to flood her ears whilst the melody from her music still echoed in the other ear.

Suddenly, from nowhere Kai and Luhan appeared before her and began climbing up to the bench she sat on from the stands. Luhan appeared next to her grinning like a little boy before he rummaged in his left pocket and pulling out its contents. He presented Jessica with a shiny red lollipop sealed up in plastic. Jessica's eyes lit up even more against the golden glow of the sun as a nostalgic feeling ran through her veins. 

"It's for you Noona! I won it during English class today. Mrs Hwang couldn't keep up with my excellent speaking skills, so I won all of these when I kept getting the questions right." Luhan proudly boasted. 

"Kai hyung already ate most of the blue ones though..." Luhan shot a glare at the taller boy who just smiled sheepishly in return accompanied with a ring of blue smudged against his lips – the last remaining evidence of the blue lollipop. "But I saved you a red one."

 


Passion comes in the form of Kris's sport. The look of pure concentration in his eyes when he played, the charisma he exudes and the admiration he earned fully from his team mates.
 


Soon the trio had settled down and they sat together happily and watched Kris during his practice. A silence fell over them whilst they observed, as if equally appreciating the view before them. 
 


Passion is something which can never be learn.

 

EXO would be competing in a basketball tournament not so long from then and Jessica knew Kris had been looking forward to it for the past few months. As a result, he had been training double as hard in preparation. It didn’t look as though the rest of his team were complaining though. The look of pure dedication twinkled in their eyes almost just as bright of Kris’s own.

 

And if one cannot possess it, then at least they can always admire.

 

And so she sat there in admiration, until she ran out of songs to listen to and the light begun to diminish until what was left was only the moon to guide her way home.

 

 

 

 

 


 

[thirteenth of november two thousand and twelve]

Dear diary... 

 

Passion is something that not anyone can possess. Some people may be trapped in their own pessimism and merely accept a life they have no motivation leading. Passion however, comes in the form of Luhan's happy attitude to life itself - his drive to do more and live life to its maximum. Passion comes in the form of Kai's dance. His endless practicing and the fatigue he endures, yet his willingness to always get back up. Passion comes in the form of Kris's sport. The look of pure concentration in his eyes when he played, the charisma he exudes and the admiration he earned fully from his team mates. Passion is something which can never be learn. And if one cannot possess it, then at least they can always admire.



Jessica Jung


 

 

aaah, I'm sorry this took such a long time to write and update! there are a number of excuses I can put up right now but the main one being that I have lost inspiration. & writing with no inspiration is a no no in my book! hopefully, you won't be able to notice this chapter is a little lacking, but as the writer of course I'd be critical with my own work. thank you for your comments, I'm sorry I'm not replying to them lately but GAH I have work I need to get doing. college is a buttface.
p.s. I will improve this chapter later. ^^