entry nineteen

Dear Diary...♡
 

Diary Entry Nineteen | Prep


 

 

It's important not to generalise one experience to others.

 

Jessica was nervous. She found it quite surprising how well she hid it - even from herself. For some reason her mind had made an association between sports matches and heartbreak. Now that she was sat down waiting for the game play out before her she felt almost sad. The past memories of Donghae that she pushed back for so long resurfaced after her long attempts to bury them deep beyond her own grasp. 

 

If you fall out of a tree, you can't simply blame gravity.

 

The sky had already been casted over with a blanket of darkness. No stars were showing that night, instead the blazing lights from the overhead lamps lit up the basketball court. It was almost blinding if you stared at it too long. People had already crowded in a taken their seats. There was no empty spaces left since the whole event had become quite a popular talking point amongst the locals. Luckily, Kris took it upon himself to reserve her a seat on the very front row after his concern that she may become trampled if she were to get a standard ticket. 

 

Instead you get get back up and you climb.

 

EXO were all getting prepped for the game behind closed doors and Jessica had already eyed up the opposition. YG certainly looked like a tough group full of hard-headed guys which shared the same intimidating twinkle in their eyes. Without a doubt, these guys were serious and as passionate as EXO. They'll definitely be giving it their all tonight. As she observed them stretching for the match she knew now wasn't the time to get caught up in her own emotions and her silly past heartbreak. Instead, she should focus on supporting Kris and the whole of EXO. They had waited so long for today and Jessica promised herself she would cheer them on as encouragingly as she could.

"Boy, I hope Sehun doesn't get trampled by that big guy with blue hair over there. What's his name again? T.O.P? Seems a bit shady to me." 

Jessica practically jumped from the bench she sat on upon hearing Luhan.

Smack.

"Ouch! Kai?! What was that for?!"

"You scared Jess. Can't you at least greet someone first before you start rambling on?" Kai rolled his eyes at the younger boy before walking over to Jessica's side.

"Oh right... sorry Sica! I'm just excited. Hey, look the music's starting to play! You better sit down Kai." 

The duo sat either side of Jessica. The three of them now rubbing their hands together for both warmth and the anticipation of the game. Their breaths depicitated before them in a cloud of fog. The winter weather was all too apparent and Jessica hoped that the boys would be okay after playing in such dramatic conditions. Silence surrounded them, it was a comfortable one, one of anticipation of the events ahead.

The whole school which had been in high spirits during the warm up to this game all gathered on the grounds in support of EXO. The school pride radiated from courts, one which rivalled even that of YG's supporters, reknown for their enthusiasm and competitive streak. 

As the music danced into everyone's ears Jessica noted the furrow brows and clasped fists of her fellow pupils. She truly admired how they had come together. Gazing across at all their faces the look of awe plastered across their own. Everyone came to support Kris and his team, literally everyone. All the pupils, the staff, the teachers and even the janitor which roamed the halls. The whole school had come together regardless of any segregation between the different clicks. Even Donghae sat a few rows away from her own seat with Yoona by his side. 

 

If you had not shaken the connection between the climbing and pain, you would never have gotten back up.

 

As the music became increasingly louder she drew her attention away from everything else and focused on EXO who entered the courts one by one. They smiled and waved gratefully at the crowd who cheered them on. Kris, being the first one to emerge, lead his team onto the courts. A basketball was tucked under his left arm and the other waving at the people above. Gracing his face was a grin which mimicked that of his teammates. Seeing him in his element Jessica couldn't help but smile too. 

 

Consequently, you may never have experienced the wind against your skin or the view from where you sat up so tall.

 

Kris glanced briefly in the trios direction and upon seeing the familiar shade of brown of Jessica's hair he instantly recognised her face smiling encouragingly towards him. He smiled even wider and waved rather elaborately in her direction (though having such long limbs could not be helped). The rest of the team followed suit and spotted Jessica sat with two of their closest friends and began waving frantically in their direction. Kris soon regretted bringing their attention to them knowing how excitable they are when attempting to gain Jessica's attention. He smacked the closest member across the head which happened to be Chanyeol, the one most guilty of stealing Jessica's attention. Chanyeol clutched at his head and rubbed in the area his team leader hit before glaring at him. Kris only smirked, having successfully made an example of Chanyeol the other members stopped focusing on Jessica but rather the game, knowing how important it was... and how painful Kris can smack sometimes. 

Jessica giggled briefly before returning to her cheering and waving her EXO flag which Kai had kindly bought just moments prior. The court was set. YG were also entering the court, their school cheering equally as loud for them.

"Good luck, Kris!" she mouthed towards him. 

Kris only smiled back in reply. His motivation increased by the tenfolds. 

 
 
 

 

[thirtieth of november two thousand and twelve]

Dear diary... 

It's important not to generalise one experience to others. If you fall out of a tree, you can't simply blame gravity. Instead you get get back up and you climb. If you had not shaken the connection between the climbing and pain, you would never have gotten back up. Consequently, you may never have experienced the wind against your skin or the view from where you sat up so tall.

Jessica Jung


 

 

 

Firstly, I want to thank everyone who was waaaaaaiting for a new chapter to be posted - I'm very sorry!
Secondly, this chapter wasn't particularly good and I know that. However, I knew if I were to rewrite it I knew it would take me forever to actually update. 
I didn't want to leave you guys hanging any longer so I posted it.
Hopefully, my next chapters will be better executed!

 

Thank you for your kind comments, upvotes and just overall support for Dear Diary.