entry eighteen

Dear Diary...♡

Diary Entry Eighteen | Union


 

 

Being in school is a pretty tough period of your life.


There are rare times where I experience the feeling of involvement at school. People whizz by so fast that it's like you don't even have enough time to open your mouth to speak before they are already half way down hall. There is an air of loneliness that looms across places like this - for me anyway - exemplified by the knowledge that there are so many people around you but none of them care to even give you a second glance.
 


People are occupied by boys, looking good, getting drunk... all those types of thing.



Today is slightly different. People are chatting to others who they may not have even said 'hi' to before. Excitement is stirring like a hurricane. The big basketball game is on today and I feel the school spirit overcome me. 
 


There are rare occasions when schools come together though.
 


Banners lace the walls and fallen posters litter the halls - "YG vs EXO". Our school has always been competitive, not really in the aggressive manner but in a proud sense. Sports tournaments like this never failed to bring anticipation. The whole thing has bought the school together - even if it is just for a limited time it's great nonetheless. 

 

We forget the clicks and all the factors that segregate us as a school. Somehow, even if it for a brief moment, we become whole.
 


I decide to get away from the chatter as soon as I reach my locker and toss a few books into my bag for the next few classes. The spirit was nice and everything but I still felt a little claustrophobic being in such a confined space with so many bodies cramped into a small space. Instead I wonder outside where the air is fresh. The contrast of bitter wind from the warmth that radiated amongst the sheer mass of people becomes apparent. I'm too lazy to go back to my locker and pull out my scarf though; I'd rather stay outside and I allow the chills of winter bite at my skin.

A familiar pounding sound comes into earshot whilst I leisurely pace the school grounds. My lips lift and I walk a little faster to the source and my hypothesis proves correct - Kris is practicing for today's tournament.

It's typical really, the rest of the team are enjoying their short time in the spotlight as the head showers them with praises (and delicious bribes to do well today) whilst Kris is working harder than ever. 

He is wearing his red and white basketball attire. The number '22' is printed in bold. It suddenly became obvious why Kris had run up to me in the middle of nowhere whilst I was quietly reading in the library to ask me what my favourite number was. His eyes were glistening, almost like in anticipation for my answer. It completely got me of guard and I felt all the air just escaped my lungs with his face so close to mine.

"What're you smiling at?" 

His voice startled me at first. I guess I was daydreaming again and I didn't even notice Kris stop his practice and approach me with his basketball under his arm.

"Oh, nothing! Sorry, don't stop practicing! I've got to get going anyway. Bye. O-oh, and good luck today!" I seemed to rapidly shoot out words and scrambled to my feet before Kris could even blink. I mentally slapped myself.

"Thanks, and you'll be watching right?" I heard him yell after me.

I slow my pace a little to look behind at him, he's smiling brightly once more.

"Of course!" 

I hurry away quickly. I could have easily brushed off the pink flush on my cheeks as the result of the ever lowing temperatures but I am an awful liar. Kris knows that.

 

 


 

[thirtieth of november two thousand and twelve]

Dear diary... 

Being in school is a pretty tough period of your life. People are occupied by boys, looking good, getting drunk... all those types of thing.There are rare occasions when schools come together though. We forget the clicks and all the factors that segregate us as a school. Somehow, even if it is for a brief moment, we become whole.

Jessica Jung


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know I take foreveeer to update but honestly I can't update rigorously and every few days. I don't have the creativity to do so!
I know some of you are very keen for updates and thank you for the messages you send me to encourage me to update.
It shows me people are still around reading!