Aftermath

Take A Chance On Me

The first leg of the 'JYP Nation World Tour Concert' in Japan has concluded and there is another 10 days or so until the second leg, in Taiwan. Between each of the five concerts, the members will return to Seoul and continue with their studies and practise, as their schedules have loosened even more because of their commitments to their courses. All the students are now back in Seoul from Tokyo, and are all occupied from finishing their assignments and preparing for their showcases for their respecitive majors. Those in the composition major are particularly busy, as they are working on their assignments until the early hours in the morning, with minimal rest or sleep time. With just a week before their assignment is due, they must make an effort to finish the their songs on time so they will be exhausted, especially Junho; who also needs to spend more time with Ye Eun.

Back at Uni

Junho's POV

I'm back at Uni again, diligently working on my composition, which is only half done because of the concert we just had. Speaking about the concert, it was a huge success and was a sell-out in Japan. The reactions of the audience was lively and refreshing. We performed to the best of our capabilities, with minimal mistakes, almost perfectly flawless. Jinyoung hyung was satisfied, and is expecting the next concert in Taipei Arena to reach even greater heights.

Class has just finished, and I am free for the rest of the day. Time for my daily dose of coffee... again.

"Hey Minjun hyung, do you want to come with me to have some coffee? It's getting warm today, so I feel like drinking something cold while I'm doing my song..." I asked.

"Mianhae Junho, I have some matters to do in the afternoon..." This means I'll be alone again.

"I thought you have an empty schedule like the rest of us?" I'm suspicious, I wonder if our hyung is hiding something.

"Ah yeah I do, but I have a date with... Fei!" said hyung brightly, like someone who won the lottery.

"Yah finally! That's great to hear hyung, you've finally convinced her to go out with you!" I'm so proud of our Minjun hyung, who has had a crush on Fei nuna for a while, despite acting like a 'playboy' all the time.

"Yes I did! Ok I'm going to meet with her now. How do I look? Do I pull off the 'Cute Daegu Student' image?" joked hyung.

"You do look like a student from Daegu, but with those 'Harry Potter style' glasses do not look cute on you hyungie. Those glasses look cuter on me, JYP's resident Harry Potter of course!" That's right, I am the Korean Harry Potter (Lee) haha.

"Yeah sure you are my cute dongsang! I'll head off first, wish me luck! Have fun with your 'lady friend' Junho-ah! Bye!" 'Lady friend? She probably doesn't know me anymore, since we haven't seen each other for a while, since the last perfomance.

"Bye hyung! Have fun with our Fei nuna!"

As Minjun hyung left, I order an Iced Caramel Latte, with extra cream and head to my table. This iced coffee is truly delicious! The best way to have caffeine on a warm day like this. I take out my Mac Book Pro, and start to work on my composition. I'm only half way, and I need to finish it in a week. I have decided to change the initial meaning to the song, to my other feelings in my heart. The ones that I do not dare to express openly, as I am afraid that it will overpower those feelings that I have felt for Ye Eun since I could remember... So through this song, I can express them through music, as the lyrics in conjunction with the lyrics hopefully will convey those hidden feelings; that cannot ever be exposed as they will hurt those around me, Ye Eun, So Eun and myself. The consequence is too much to deal with, so through the song, is the only way I can let out these feelings.

I'm playing the part of the song that is completed; the first verse along with the chorus, to get into my composing mode and open those hidden feelings.

So Eun's POV

I swear, the fate between Junho and I is ridiculous. Whenever we meet, it is always at this place. He is back from Japan, and is attending his classes at Uni, which means he will be coming here everyday again; just like nothing ever happened. He is still sitting at our table, no 'the' table; we don't own it or anything. He is alone as always, is he expecting me to come? Why isn't he with Ye Eun-ssi, his girlfriend and eternal best friend? Does he miss me or something, since it has been a while since we last saw each other, where he left me hanging for a 'serious talk' with Ye Eun-ssi; which obviously her confession date wasn't it? Aish, you tried so hard to forget your feelings for him, and just when you started to open up to Kim Bummie oppa, you see Junho again and those feelings just return to your heart at a pace faster than Usain Bolt in the 100 metres. Why are you always like this, wake up from your dream and act cool and tough to him!

I slowly walk toward him, with my Iced Caramel Latte, who seems to be working on his composition as I hear a beautiful, deep instrumental backing. Why did I change my choice of coffee again? Because the warm, humidity today is too horrible for hot coffee. Omo, why is he drinking the same as me again? Ok, this is 'fate' between us is getting out of hand. I then put both of my hands on his broad, muscular shoulders; those shoulders that I haven't touched in so long, and start to massage them softly.

"Look who is working hard?" I said, in a more friendly tone. Keep your cool Kim So Eun, don't be so vulnerable.

"Oh you're here So Eun-ah! That feels good, please keep on doing it, but put more pressure please." I have no choice but to keep on massaging him.

"Junho-yah annyeong, how was the concert? I heard it was a success..." And controversial, that dance was too much, and to perform with fellow idols? My god, it was so inappropriate; but if I was in Ye Eun's position, I would die happily.

"Ah yeah, thank you. It was good! I'm exhausted though, because I need to finish my composition... how is the backing? Do you like it?" he asked. Of course I do, it had a very heartfelt and deep feeling to it.

"It's beautiful but intense at the same time. It is impressive, as expected from a gifted musician like you. How does your father not praise you for your talents? I don't understand..." So Eun, why did you go there! He's going to be upset now, good one!

"Thanks So Eun, here you go again with me being 'gifted' again; I'm still learning and not as good as Jun.K hyung yet. Ah my father..." His attitude is always so sincere and professional, but he is struggling with his father's situation once again.

"I'm so sorry Junho, I didn't mean to blurt out that... take it that I didn't ask. You know how careless I am with my words sometimes..." Now I feel guilty now, as Junho's expression had dropped in a matter of seconds.

"It's alright So Eun, you don't have to be sorry. Actually, although I feel a big burden for my father, because of his status of being a famous neurologist, he does allow me to follow my dreams of becoming a successful musician, but he just needs time to support me. I don't expect him to give me a basket of praises or anything, because it is my fault that I want to use my intelligence in another field than the medical field..." His expression had lightened up a little. Junho, you really don't have to act in front of me, if you are sad, just express those feelings because I'm here to comfort you regardless of our feelings, as a friend, your coffee companion.

"It's not your fault. Your father may be very proud of you, but just struggles to express his feelings of gratitude. Give him time, he will come around."

"Thank you So Eun for your encouragement. I've missed our little coffee sessions recently, because I think whenever we have conversations, my mind is always at ease, no matter how tired I am. It is great to have a friend like you." said Junho. His kind words... always seem to make me more touched and attached to him. Why can't he be mine?

"It is what friends are for right?" Friends is what we are. We are both seeing other people, and we should not be enjoying each others' company this much right? I think I feel more comfortable with Junho, a guy I met not so long ago, a guy who is a superstar, a guy that belongs... to another woman, not me; than with the oppa that I have loved and known since I was born. Why is life so cruel like this?

Another awkward silence, after our confession of being 'friends who are comfortable with each other'.

Love me like money, love me like cars, love me wherever you are... Oh god, even his ringtone is the Wonder Girls. Love the song though, but I cannot hide my jealousy.

"Man, phone calls always interrupt us! Mianhae." So true, saved by the call again.

"Hey Wooyoungie, what's up?" Oh it is not Ye Eunnie this time, its only Wooyoungie. At least he is , just one of the bro's, not another woman. Now I'm caring too much again.

"Yeah, I am just at the coffee shop, why?"

"WHAT? There had been a incident earlier on, near Dongguk?! Are you serious? Out of all the places..."  incident? This doesn't happen often in our area.

"Ok I understand, I will take her home, so don't you worry. It is getting late anyway, even I'm not at ease with her or any girl taking the bus home at this time, especially with a on the loose... Where is her manager, how can she be so useless?" Oh, Wooyoung's girlfriend is still in class at this time? It is not safe for her...

"Arasso, I understand. I'll pick her up now. I'll call you when she arrives at home safely. Bye Woo!" Now? So he is leaving me so soon... again.

...

Junho's POV

A near Dongguk? This is no joke. Thank god I am still close by, or else Suzy would be in danger. No matter how clingy she is, she is still a girl; a pretty one, that will capture the eyes of those sleazy men around. Plus, she's Wooyoung's girl; so I have to take care of her. Unfortunately, So Eun and I have to leave early again. Why can't we have a conversation without any interruptions? Talking to her makes me at ease, as she seems to be well and healthy, the only thing I can wish for her to be...

"Mianhae So Eun, I have to take Suzy home, Wooyoung's girlfriend because he said there was a incident around this area and he is worried if she had to take the bus home. Her manager is busy with the other member's schedules and Wooyoung is also busy so... I'm sorry." I apologised, with a full explanation, scared that she would misunderstand me; the last thing I would want.

"Oh arasso, I understand. You should make sure she is safe..." She can be too understanding sometimes...

"So Eun, it is getting late, I'll drive you home as well. I insist, so do not reject the offer. It is too dangerous for pretty girls like you and Suzy, or any girl for that matter to be going home alone. You girls need me, a man to protect you." I have to take both of them home, because if anything happened to either of them, I wouldn't let myself go.

"Alright if you insist... I guess I have no say in this right?" Of course you don't, are you stupid enough to go home alone? That's just asking for danger.

"Ok, let's go, I need to pick Suzy up from Uni."

...

Driving the girls home

Junho steps out of his car to fetch Suzy at the entrance, ensuring that the car is locked so no one can harm So Eun. He told her to keep her phone on so if there is an emergency she can use it, also he gave her his long, hard black umbrella to use as a weapon if anyone came in to kidnap her.

Junho spots Suzy and runs up to fetch her.

"Suzy-yah, Wooyoung said there was a on the loose near our Uni, and since it is getting dark and dangerous, he asked me to take you home. My car's over there. Let's go." said Junho.

"A ? My goodness, near our Uni? There are so many female students having late night classes, so hopefully they will arrive home safely. Thanks for being here with me Junho oppa." said a shocked Suzy, who the hooks her arm with Junho's, making it seem neccessary to feel protected but it is just an excuse to have skinship with him. Suzy had failed to hold back once again, hold back her little crush on her Junho oppa. Lee Junho really has all the charms and looks, also his passionate and caring personality is what all women desire. It is not a suprise that all these women are all attached to him; Ye Eun, his lover and best friend, So Eun; his attractive coffee companion who he holds hidden feelings for, and Suzy; his other best friend's girlfriend. He really is a 'chick magnet', much to his disliking.

The two walk nearer to Junho's car, still with their arms hooked onto each other; giving Junho more discomfort. Why is she always like this? She is Wooyoung's girlfriend for God's sake, she should not be holding onto another man; his best friend's arm like this! He thought silently to himself.

"Oh, who is that in your car Junho oppa? Is it Ye Eun unnie?" asked Suzy in curosity.

"Aniya, she is my friend, So Eun. I'm taking her home as well, because I don't trust her to be alone tonight." explained Junho.

They arrive at the car, and Junho flings Suzy's arm away from his, just in case So Eun will misunderstand him or get angry at him. Wouldn't anyone? If his Ye Eun saw this, she would be suspicious and angry at him. Even worse, if Wooyoung saw this, he would probably be more angry at Suzy than him, but regardless she is his girlfriend after all.

They get into the car, Junho in the driving seat, and Suzy in the back seat, actually in the middle seat in the back; asserting her position in between the two passengers at the front. Suzy was getting a little possessive of Junho... again; in full curosity of the beautiful unnie sitting in the passenger seat.

"So Eun ssi, this is Suzy from miss A; Wooyoung's girlfriend." introduced Junho.

"Ah yeah, I have seen her on TV before. Suzy-ssi you are much more beautiful in real life. Annyeong, I'm Kim So Eun, Junho's friend. I also attend Dongguk like you guys, but in the acting major." said So Eun kindly.

"Woah, unnie you are gorgeous! Are you two close?" sneared Suzy who is getting a little uneasy because of her Junho oppa having such a beautiful friend, on top of his girlfriend and best friend; her idol, the amazing Ye Eun unnie.

"Ah... we are..." answered So Eun in a tight struggle.

"Yes we are close friends, as she is also my fan. That is all you need to know Suzy-yah." answered Junho for So Eun with assertiveness, much to Suzy's annoyance.

"Arasso, I understand." said a jealous Suzy.

After 15 minutes of utter silence, between Junho and his female companions; who both hold feelings for him in more ways than one, they finally reach Suzy's dorm.

"Thank you for sending me home Junho oppa! You are the best! I'll call my Wooyoung oppa to tell him that you drove me home safely. Bye oppa! Bye So Eun unnie, it was nice meeting you. Drive safely!" said Suzy happily. She was always so lively when she interacted with her Junho oppa.

"Deh Suzy, go in now. Thank you for calling Wooyoung for me. Bye, good night!" said Junho.

"Bye Suzy-ssi, it was nice meeting you too!" said So Eun nicely.

Then they left Suzy's house and head off to So Eun's house, which is only 10 minutes away from Suzy's, much to Junho's convenience; but even if she lived two hours away, he would still insist to take her home.

"Wow Junho-yah, Suzy-ssi is really something. She is beautiful and all, but she seems like she is attached to you like super glue! You really do have all you girls falling for you, even the ones that are already taken." said So Eun.

"I know right? She is so clingy with me! She thinks I didn't know that she was just using fear as an excuse to link arms with me! I hate it when girls are all over me or fall for me when they are in a relationship. Even worse, she is my best friend's girlfriend! And Wooyoungie loves her like there is no tomorrow! Don't tell me you are falling for me too?" asked Junho daringly. He needs to calm down his attraction to her, before he commits a mistake that will hurt everyone he loves...

"Yah, I am in a relationship myself, so I would never let my heart waver for someone else. Wouldn't that be cheating? Being insincere explains it all, even if you aren't officially cheating on your partner..." said So Eun with caution. She is lying to herself right now, referring to Suzy on one side, but using reverse psychology on another; indirectly implying her situation; which is causing her more guilt, knowing that acting this way would hurt her Kim Bum oppa.

"It is not right isn't it? Since when you were in a relationship? Who's the lucky guy? Could it be.... your Kim Bummie oppa? said Junho calmly, using his acting skills to cover his furious anger inside of him; forgetting that So Eun is an actress, who probably see his lying expression. , she would not believe that I could be so calm, he thought to himself.

"Ah yeah, since not too long ago. He finally confessed his feelings for me, feelings that he had for me since childhood..." said So Eun with composure, using her acting skills once again, to maintain that tough, 'hard-to-read' expression. An expression that is 'hard-to-read' for most, but Junho? He is the only exception, he can easily see through her true colours, but maintains his cool also, to not cause more trouble.

"Oh isn't that great? You must be happy now that you two are finally a couple..." said Junho, still holding in his jealousy.

"Yeah we are happy, aren't you also? Ye Eun-ssi is finally your woman, not your best friend but as your girlfriend." snapped So Eun, who could not keep control anymore.

"Of course I'm happy, my hard work all these years have really paid off..." said Junho, in a more serious tone than before. 

As both of them end their conversation - which was full of lies and reverse psychology, they had arrived at So Eun's house.

"Thanks again Junho, I don't know what I'd do if I went home alone tonight, because Kim Bum oppa is busy at work these days; staying their until the early hours of the morning or even sleeping there over night. We barely see each other unfortunately." said So Eun, was it really that unfortunate? Not so much, she was glad because she could relax a bit, because although she is very happy when they are together, but dating with lingering feelings for someone else, requires a huge effort.

"No worries, I'm always here for you... Oh so that's how it is? You should ask him to spend more time with you, you guys are a couple now, not just close friends anymore." Good, they don't see each other often, he thought. Then regretting his silent words straight away, asking himself; how can he be so selfish? I should be happy for her, not being possessive over her.

"Anyway, it is getting late, I should go in now. Thanks again Junho, for everything. Hopefully next time we can talk for longer, without interruptions. We are always interrupted! Bye." said So Eun, as she opened her car door.

"Wait So Eun!" screamed Junho.

"Yeah? What is it--" asked So Eun, then Junho pulled her head close to his, and then kissed her on her forehead gently, making So Eun blush immediately. This was truly too cruel of him to do this to her, but no matter how much he held his urge in, he could not maintain control for no longer. This is the only and last time, he thought. Was it really the very last time? He hopes so, but he doesn't want it to be deep down.

"Goodnight So Eun-ssi. See you next time." said Junho, like he didn't do anything to the starstruck girl.

So Eun just slammed the door and she stepped out of the car, then while running towards her front door, gave Junho a nervous, weak wave goodbye and the slightest smile, as he drove off in happiness.

Why did he do that to me? How dare he kiss me, anywhere, unconditionally? He clearly knows I am with Kim Bum oppa, and he definitely knows he is with the girl of his dreams, so why Lee Junho, why? Great, he is going to occupy my mind for the next month or so, again; just when he was dissapearing from my imagination. You are so screwed Kim So Eun, she thought to herself.

Why did I just do that to her? It was so dangerous, and not your character. I will not do that again, lose control like that. She is with Kim Bum, you are with your Ye Eunnie. Don't act like this Junho, you can't bear to hurt everyone. So Eun is just a friend, a coffee buddy, so you can't kiss her unconditionally, anywhere at all. You really are a bastard now, you were never like this before... Junho thought to himself.

...

Feelings cannot be hidden for so long, people will loose control and their tight grip on the bitter truth will always loosen. When the grip loosens, consequences will arise, causing harm to everyone around them.