Today Marks The 1st Day

Take A Chance On Me

 

Today marks the first day of Junho and So Eun’s very first trip together. The two lovebirds have been waiting anxiously for the last four days. Junho had been busy with many schedules and recordings before their holiday, so he has not had the time to see So Eun. So Eun too, had been busy with her preparations for her upcoming audition for a MBC drama, in addition to her assessments at university.

 

 

At 2PM’s apartment

It is early morning and Junho is getting ready for the vacation at his apartment. After the short gym session at 6:30am, Junho changes out of his training attire and into his vacation wear – a simple white shirt with maroon shorts. Just as Junho was loading his luggage and gifts, Nichkhun rushed his way in front of him with his set of keys in his hands.

 

“Junho-yah, since I am such a caring hyung, I am willing to let you drive my car to Ilsan. My car is more comfortable and practical than your racing car,” said Nichkhun.

 

(Nichkhun’s red BMW M6)

“Are you sure hyung? My car is practical! It is just a little fast at times…” replied Junho.

 

“Aniyo, it is not! Your car can barely fit shopping bags in the boot! Just take my car, Junho-yah.”

 

“Arasso, if hyung insists…Thank you Khunnie hyung! You are the best!” thanked Junho.

 

“No worries Nuneo! Take it for a spin with your Halmoni and nuna, but do not thrash the engine okay? Just keep it in good condition.” said Nichkhun.

 

“Neh hyung, I will take great care of your baby M6. When I am gone, you can drive my car around if you want! Here are my keys!” offered Junho.

 

“Yah, I don’t want to drive your uncomfortable, eye-catching and noisy car. But I will take your keys just in case…” said Nichkhun.

 

“Sure, Haraboji. I believe every word that you say. You should not be tempted right?” joked Junho.

 

“Aigoo, calling me Haraboji again. Ppalli ka! You are going to be late to pick up your girlfriend!” said Nichkhun frantically.

 

“I’m going, hyung! I really appreciate that you are lending your car to me, chincha. Saranghae Khun hyung-nim!” said Junho happily.

 

“Have fun Junho-yah! Make So Eun the Princess of Ilsan! Call us when you arrive safely!” teased Nichkhun, as he waved to Junho who walks out their apartment.

 

 

Arrived at So Eun’s house

 

Junho’s POV

 

Thank god, I have arrived here at So Eunnie’s right on time. The traffic was so congested on the way from ‘Saint Pierre’s’. I thought it would be good to eat something in the car on the way to Ilsan so I bought two Double-shot Caramel Lattes and two bacon and egg muffins.

 

So, I get out of the car and start to walk towards So Eun’s front door. I have walked this path for countless times, but why am I shaking? I think I am just overly excited to see her. I always have this tingling feeling whenever I see Kim So Eun, no matter how many dates we’ve went on or how many kisses we have shared, the feeling never departs from within me.

 

I press the doorbell twice, very quickly. Calm down Lee Junho and regain your composure, it’s just your So Eunnie…

 

“You’re here Junho-yah! Annyeong!” said So Eun, as she wraps her arms around my shoulders tightly. She is just as excited as I am!

 

“Good morning, my precious.” I then give So Eun a brief kiss on her nose, which made her cheeks feel warmer. I can never get enough of my shy girl.

 

“Are you ready to head off? Have you forgotten anything?”

 

“I am so ready! Aigoo, Junho-ah, I was so excited for our trip that I could not sleep last night! I am such a pabo, aren’t I?” asked So Eun. Pabo-yah, I am excited too, but I slept well last night after the accumulation of fatigue for the past three days.

 

“Oh, what should we do my little pabo-yah? Let’s go and live up to our excitement! Here, I’ll take your suitcases. So Eun-ah, can you please go and open the boot for me?”

 

“Neh, let’s get our vacation started! Arasso, please pass me your keys.” Said So Eun with the biggest smile on her face. She is very happy right now, we both are.

 

We walk towards the car, before So Eun stops at an instant.

“Wae?”

 

“Junho, whose car is this? It is not your car…” said So Eun sharply.

 

“It is your favourite Khunnie oppa’s car.” Her jaw drops completely in shock. Once a fan girl, always a fan girl.

 

“Aigoo, chincha? My Khunnie oppa’s car? We are really sitting in THE Nichkhun’s car? This is the best day of my life.” I am getting tensed; she’s taking her love for hyung too far now.

 

“Aish Kim So Eun! I am leaving without you!” I teased, as I walk slowly away from So Eun.

 

“Junho! Mianhae, I was just playing with you. Don’t leave without me!” So Eun then grabs my hand tightly. This is the way it should be!

 

“Arasso, let’s leave here already!” I then pull So Eun towards the car, and she follows me obediently.

 

“Neh, Junho-ssi!”

 

I load So Eun’s luggage in to the boot, and quickly return to open the door for her.

 

“Junho-yah! You are so thoughtful! Buying me coffee and breakfast. I like this side of you, so attentive!” said So Eun. I am always this attentive, but only for you So Eun-ah.

 

Just as So Eun was about to drink her coffee, I lean up close towards her, and look into her eyes. Her signature rosy complexion of her cheeks began to glow in front of my eyes. She was clearly flustered. I love it every time.

 

“J-Junho…waeyo?”

 

“Ani, just putting your seat belt on for you. I don’t want my precious So Eunnie to fall out of the window right?” I teased, as I pinched her two rosy cheeks.

 

“Yah! I am not a child! I am older than you!” blurted So Eun. Someone is having a little fit. She is so cute, when she is like this.

 

“Arasso, nuna!”

 

So Eun gives me a victorious smile. She likes it when I call her nuna, because she feels more superior. Oh the things I do for her…

 

“Mmm, you remembered! Double-shot Caramel Latte!” Of course, I did. It is our flavour of coffee.

 

“How can I not know what my So Eunnie likes to drink?” I replied, as I also take a sip out of my cup.

 

“You are such a good boyfriend! Worthy husband material! But, who can be a bit clumsy sometimes…” Worthy husband material? Only worthy? I can be better than worthy So Eun, I will slowly show you in the future.

 

“Ani, you are the one who is clumsy! Look at your—“ Just as I say my last word, So Eun suddenly leans close to me and kisses on the lips. My eyes open in shock. How is she so bold today? I almost lost control of my steering wheel at her sudden kiss.

 

“Yah, be careful! Don’t do this, while I’m driving! It is dangerous, dear.” I said, while stuttering. Kim So Eun, how can you make me flutter like this?

 

“Aigoo, it is a red light so it’s all good! Now, you had a milky moustache and I just had to help you… clean it up. This is my first time! It is always you who initiates first!” defended So Eun. Come to think of it, this really was the first time. My So Eunnie has become so much bolder with her affection these days. I am proud of her.

 

As we drive along, I decide to play So Eun’s favourite music. From SHINee, that is. The girl loves those boys more than she loves 2PM…and me.

 

“Omo, it’s SHINee! Dream girl ~ Yeah!” So Eun begins to sing along to the whole song happily, as I try to focus on the road, while peeking at the way she was singing as if she was in a karaoke room.

 

Our ‘이 노래를 듣고 돌아와’ begins to play, and I automatically start to sing my opening line.

 

“Eh? Isn’t this your song, Junho?” Why is she even asking me this question…Looks like So Eun does not even follow our songs, she only loves SHINee.

 

“Aniyo, this is 2AM’s song…” I lied.

 

“Yah! Lee Junho! This is not 2AM’s song; this is YOUR song, because I know this is YOUR voice. Can’t you sense my humour? Liar.” Okay, we are both a little sensitive. We are just too excited in the morning to communicate well…

 

“Okay, at least you know it is our song! Or else I would have been very, very depressed.”

 

“Yah, of course I know. Even if I was not dating you, I would still be aware. I am always in the know about K-pop!” said So Eun.

 

“Very good, ‘Miss K-pop Fanatic’. Yah, have you bought our album yet?”

 

“Well, if I am dating a member, then why would I need to buy one myself? Shouldn’t they give their girlfriend a copy, and signed?” questioned So Eun. I really did forget to give her one. No wonder she likes SHINee more. I am such a bad boyfriend.

 

“Aigoo, mianhae So Eun-ah. I think Khun hyung might have a copy here…” I begin to look around the glove box, and the side compartments, before So Eun grabs my arm.

 

“Junho, please focus on driving love. Keke, I bought both versions of your album on the day it was released. I know how forgetful you are…” She is very playful today, toying with my unusually vulnerable self. I do not get fooled easily…or at least I believe so.

 

“That’s my girl! Oh, do you know how much I admire you, Miss Kim So Eun?” I am one lucky guy, to have such an amazing woman like her in my life.

 

“So, which song do you like the most on the album?” I asked, curiously.

 

“I like…’Love Song’ the most…” said So Eun shyly.

 

“Hmm, is it because I composed it?” I asked, cheekily.

 

“Maybe,” replied So Eun, with a bright smile.

 

“I’ll sing it for you…”

 

‘Cause I love you

This is my love song for you, listen to my love song

This is for you and for all the things I can’t express with words

This song’s for you

My trust will never change, this moment will never stop

Lean on me, I love you (So Eun) you (So Eun) you, so into you

 

I then quickly lean in to give my So Eun a brief kiss, before quickly turning back to focus on the road. So Eun completely stays still, and is surprised by my kiss. This is payback for before.

 

“Lee Junho. Thank you.” Why is she thanking me?

 

“For what?”

 

“For loving me. And for writing me a love song.” said So Eun. She felt my lyrics for her. My love for her.

 

“I wrote this song for you, because I lo—“

 

Please turn left, in 200 metres at the next roundabout.

 

Aish, stupid GPS. Perfect timing.

“We are almost there! Oh, time has flown past quickly, hasn’t it?” I tried to avoid So Eun, asking me to finish my sentence, rather awkwardly…

 

So Eun stares at me, like she was waiting for my answer. She easily senses that I am feeling nervous and hesitant. However, I see her expression changes back to her usual sweet, smiling one.

 

“Chincha? That was fast…” said So Eun.

 

Now there was awkward silence between us. I hated this, and I am sure So Eun does too. However she has a disappointed look on her face, and seems like she is dazed in her thoughts.

 

The moment was there, where I would tell Kim So Eun, the one and only woman in my life, that I love her, for the very first time. It was set in stone, after I sang the song that I composed and wrote with only her in my mind.

 

But the GPS voice-over had to disturb that moment.

 

I am ready to confess my long-standing love for her, and I plan to do it in a memorable way during our four days in Ilsan.

 

Your destination is on your right.

 

I then take the turn right, and see my house, as So Eun gasps in awe of the location.

 

You have arrived at your destination.

 

“So Eun-ah, we are here!” I screamed excitedly.

 

“Junho…your house is…simply beautiful. I am lost for words.” said So Eun.

 

“It’s nice isn’t it? Let’s head in!” I said, as I open the car door.

 

“Arasso, let’s go Junho-ah.”

 

 

Outside the Lee Residence

 

So Eun’s POV

 

I am in front of Junho’s family residence in Ilsan. This is really happening.

 

My nerves are rushing through my body, even more than when I went to his apartment in Seoul for the first time. And arguably so. I am beginning to shake, as I help Junho with our luggage. Junho closes the boot, and we begin to walk towards the front entrance.

 

“So Eun-ah, don’t be nervous. My family is not the type that will eat you alive. You don’t have anything to be afraid of, because I am here beside you.” Junho grabs my hand and holds it firmly, making me feel safe and gain strength. He still stands by me regardless of the circumstance. Regardless of what had happened in the car earlier.

 

“Thank you, Junho. Let’s go inside. I am ready.” I said, as we continue walk forward together.

 

Junho then rings the doorbell.

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

“HALMONI!” yelled Junho, upon seeing his Halmoni, and he attacked her with a bear hug. This was the first time I saw Junho like this, so innocently happy, as if he was a little boy again. I smile brightly at him, and his Halmoni.

 

“Aigoo, my Junho-yah, you have finally come home to visit your old Halmoni.” said Junho’s Halmoni, as she his hair softly. They are having their moment right now, and I do not feel awkward at all as I am happy to see that Junho is reunited with his Halmoni after so long.

 

“Mianhaeyo, I have been so busy these days, Halmoni.”

 

“Arasso, I understand…I always see you on TV these days. You must be Miss Kim So Eun-ssi, Junho always speaks highly of you.” said Halmoni. I take Halmoni’s hands and bow to her.

 

“Annyeonghaesayo, Madam Lee. My name is Kim So Eun, it is a pleasure to meet you.” I said, with my utmost respect. Madam Lee is the elder of the Lee family, so I must acknowledge her to the fullest.

 

“Annyeonghaesayo Kim So Eun-ssi, I am very happy to finally meet you too. Please call me Halmoni. There is no need to be so formal, dear.” said Halmoni kindly. I really get a welcoming feeling from Halmoni, as if she accepts me as her family, which gives me confidence and strength.

 

At this moment, a young woman walks from the stairway and comes to the entrance. She is stunningly beautiful. I guess she must be Junho’s…

 

“NUNA!” Yes, it really is Junho’s beloved nuna. They look so alike. They have exactly the same eyes.

 

“Junho-yah, welcome home!” said Junho’s nuna, as she embraces him tightly, and gives him a kiss on his cheek. They seem really close to each other. This was lovely to see, but why does my heart tingle?

 

“I’ve missed you so much nuna.” said Junho with aeygo. He was using his aegyo. He was trying to be cute! I have never seen him behave so cutely before, other than at concerts or schedules. He does not even show this kind of aeygo to me! So, this is how he behaves in front of his older sibling.

 

“Yah, come on, enough aeygo. Please introduce your gorgeous lady here to us.” said Junho’s nuna. She thinks I am gorgeous? It must be just out of kindness and courtesy. I am not gorgeous at all.

 

Junho places his hands on my shoulders softly, and guides me forward slightly.

 

“Neh, nuna. This is my lovely girlfriend, Kim So Eun.”

 

“So Eun, this is my nuna, Lee Si Young.”

 

“Annyeonghaesayo, Si Young-ssi! I am delighted to finally meet you! Junho always shares his love for you to me.” I replied kindly, as I give Si Young-ssi a 90-degree bow.

 

“Annyeonghaesayo, So Eun-ssi! It is my pleasure to finally meet you! Please, call my Si Young unnie. We are no strangers here. You are Junho’s girlfriend, so you are my dongsaeng too. Don’t be intimated, So Eun-ah!” said Si Young-ssi. Junho really has a cool and charming nuna. She makes me feel very comfortable, despite this being our first meeting.

 

“I understand… Si Young unnie. Thank you and Halmoni for making me feel so welcomed. I am so touched. Truly, thank you.” I said, as I take another bow in front of the elders of the Lee family.

 

“So Eun-ah, you don’t have to bow so many times, my dear…” said Junho, as he helped me fix my posture.

 

“Neh, So Eun-ah. Please feel comfortable around us. You are considered as my family, because you are my grandson Junho’s woman.” said Halmoni. I am so grateful for her warming words.

 

“Arasso, let’s get you two inside! You must be hungry, so we prepared lunch already. Please, make yourself at home So Eun-ah.” said Si Young unnie, as she led Halmoni back inside.

 

“So Eun-ah, are you okay?” asked Junho, as he my cheeks.

 

“I have never felt better.” I replied.

 

“Welcome to my home, Kim So Eun.”