Even If You Leave Me

Take A Chance On Me

It has been two days since Junho had appeared in front of So Eun's household, on his knees, just to see her face, just once. Two days has past since So Eun had chosen to stay by Kim Bum's side at that moment. Two days has past since So Eun had seen Junho crying in the arms of his eternal best friend, Ye Eun. And neither have contacted each other. Not even once. Had the doubt that both of them held taken over their hope?

...

Day Three

Junho's POV

I lay here in my bed, listening to Brian McKnight as I try to fall asleep after yet another long, exhausting practice session in the studio. The past few days have been practice after practice in preparation for our upcoming domestic comeback. My eyes are blurring for the days that are about to come. I have been trying my best to focus on work, focus on the team, but those thoughts have been holding me back. Thoughts...of anything and everything in relation to Kim So Eun. I went to her house two days ago with Ye Eun, just to see her face and speak to her however...she refused to see me. It was inevitable that was going to happen after how much I had hurt her, but the fact that she did not even want to face me in person and she was in the arms of her dearest oppa... It just pains me to death. Yes, I am happy for her, as she had gained her best friend back, like how I did with Ye Eunnie, but after all, I am still a man so I dislike seeing her holding another man so closely.

I miss you so much, but I don't know what to say... I sang quietly to myself, as I hear someone stepping into the doorway of my room.

"It has not been six months, eight days, twelve hours since she went away. Junho-yah, if you miss her so much, then stop listening to Brian McKnight and call her!" said Jun.K hyung, who walked to my bed and sat on the end while trying to play with my arms like a child. 

"Hyung, it is not that simple...she would not answer my calls anyway." I replied. It was really not that simple. So Eun would not answer my calls because she clearly has not intentions to see me again, especially after our encounter two days ago. At least...she does not want to see or contact me anytime soon.

"Aigoo, Junho...did you even try to call?" asked Jun.K hyung.

"No, I haven't. I have been busy, we all have been. I bearly have time to sleep and eat, so it has been hard..."

"Hard of course not only for you, but for all of us. You have not been in the best condition these few days. I'm going to help cheer you up!" said Jun.K hyung. Our hyung-nim is always so supportive of us 'Young Boys', but if only he understood how I was really feeling deep inside.

"How so hyung?"

"By doing...this!" yelled hyung, as he reached for my phone from my desk. Oh god, please do not do anything foolish hyung. I beg you.

"My So Eunnie <3, DIAL!" , he really did dared to call her.

"Now Junho, TALK TO HER! YOU NEED TO, HAVE TO! Get your spirits up!" said Jun.K hyung brightly, as he shoved my phone onto my ear.

"Your call could not be connected, please leave a message after the tone. Beep." I regurgitated the message bank message to hyung.

"Told you so hyung. She did not pick up. Now let me go back to sleep and listen to Brian McKnight in peace please." I said bluntly, as I let out a loud yawn.

"Arasso Junho-yah, she probably was just busy or something. She will pick them up soon! Have some hope! So Eun-ssi will pull through eventually!" supported hyung. Busy, she must be...with her oppa? It would not suprise me.

"Thank you for your kind words hyung. I hope so too..."

"Now go back to sleep Junho-yah, you need to build up some strength for our comeback! I noticed that your vocals were not up to scratch these past few days...Rest well!" said hyung, as he closed the door on his way out.

Even if you left me that day, I still miss you. So bad.

So Eun...will you come back to me one day? I truly hope that that one day will come soon...

...

Two weeks later at Saint Pierre's

Junho's POV

It has been two weeks since I saw So Eun. Two weeks since I last came here for coffee. The feeling has changed in this seat, in fact the shop in general has changed. I have finally gathered the strength to come back here again, in hope that I will see her. Before I was afraid, but as I kept on thinking about everything that has happened, and what the future may hold... I have decided that there almost is no future if So Eun is not at the end of the road, waiting for me. The members have been urging me to contact her, visit her, see her again. They know how much I have been hurting, and it has been reflecting on my performance, hence me becoming a liability to the team. So, it is time for all the pain to stop and disappear, because I am going to start to win her back. For the long haul. Starting from today, to see how fate will bring us together again. Hopefully. Chansung is meant to be coming to give me some company, but where was he?

"Yah, Junho, wake up from your daydream!" said Chansung, who had just arrived.

"Oh, mianhae Chansung-ah. I was just dozing off..."

"Are you feeling okay Junho?" asked Chansung.

"I am fine Chansung. I've missed my Double Shot Latte, mmmm." True fact, I really missed the latte here, it doesn't get better than this.

"Yah, I know you miss your coffee. But how are you really feeling?" insisted Chansung.

"How I'm really feeling? A combination of both happiness and disappointment..." I replied.

"Disappointment? She hasn't come yet has she?" No she hasn't. Indeed she hasn't. It is possible that she has stopped coming here like I have, but I still have hope that she will stand in front of my eyes some day soon.

"No, she has not come yet."

"Don't worry Junho-ah. So Eun-ssi will come to see you again." I hope so too, Chansung-ah.

...

One week later

Junho returns to Saint Pierre's to buy his beloved Double Shot Latte once again. He has been coming in to the shop for several days now. But every time, So Eun was nowhere to be seen. He would start to wonder if So Eun had really wanted to leave him. But he will try his best to reassure himself that their fate will tie them back into one eventually. Junho's mood has gotten better after each day, making himself more energetic and of course the members less worried over him because they all know how much he had suffered from that day and that kiss with Suzy. Suzy has not spoken to Junho at all, not even once, after her betrayal as she has realised her wrong-doing but does not have the courage to apologise. She has tried to make amends with Wooyoung, however Wooyoung has strongly enforced the fact that they were never going to get back together.

As Junho is standing outside of the shop, while waiting for his coffee, he looks up into the bright, blue sky and whispers;

"The sky is so blue today. The warm weather of the Spring has come. It is perfect to go out and date..."

"Excuse me sure, your grande Double Shot Latte is ready." said the barrister.

"Thank you, see you next time!" thanked Junho.

"Oh may I ask you one question?" asked Junho suddenly.

"Yes sure." answered the barrister.

"Has a girl of mid height with light brown hair, often in curls, with bright round smiley eyes and rosy cheeks, come to your shop often? Have you seen her around these days?" asked Junho with curosity. My god, whay am I asking the barrister this kind of question? I must be stupid. Where has my 'image control' gone? Down the drain, obviously, Junho thought to himself.

"Ah yeah, you mean the girl that usually sits with you, sir on the furthest window table?" asked the barrister.

"Yes, her! Has she by any chance, come and had her coffee recently?" asked Junho in full optimisim.

"Yes, she has come here once every few days...But I have not seen the two of you come in together for a while, sir." said the barrister. Junho was so relieved that the barrister has seen So Eun around. She has not disappeared! She came here! At the times when I was not here though...he thought to himself.

"Oh is that so? Thank you. Yes, we just have been...busy. I will enjoy my coffee, see you tomorrow Mr. Barrister!" said Junho with a large grin on his face, as he turned around to head towards his car.

However, as he arrives at his car spot, he sees a strikingly familiar girl, with loose brown curls and a slim figure walking past.

"Is she...Kim So Eun?" gasped Junho, as he begins to follow the mysterious girl quickly. Man, am I not halluncinating? Is it her?

"Excuse me, So Eun-ssi?" asked Junho, as he taps the shoulder of the girl.

"So Eun-ssi? Aniya, I think you got the wrong person...Omo, are you 2PM's Lee Junho?!" squeaked the girl, who turns out to just be an everyday student.

"Ah yeah, Annyeonghaesayo, I'm 2PM's Junho. Sorry, I have rudely mistaken you for another chingu. Have a nice day." said Junho politely, in attempt to hide his embarrassment.

So, So Eun has been coming back here. Does she feel the same as I do? Does she miss me? But, she cannot miss me as much as I have been missing her, Junho thought to himself while he drives off.

...

Another week later

So Eun's POV

Time has gone past so slowly. Four weeks. One month. One whole month, since I last saw Junho. And truthfully, I have missed him so dearly after all this time. As much as I have tried to distract myself from having any thoughts about Lee Junho, I failed miserably. So, I have given up on that, and I have decided that I am going to get him back by my side. Yes, Kim Bum oppa has been beside me for the last few weeks, but my feelings for him are still...the same. They have been ever since I met Junho. But, going back to Junho, after how I hurt him that day and how he had hurt me with that kiss, I hope we will forget all our worries and restore the bond, the trust, the love that we once shared not too long ago. So, I have been coming here, Saint Pierre's, every couple of days, in hope for seeing Junho's shining smile to me... But I have yet to see him. Maybe he does not intend to come back here? Maybe he is afraid of seeing me again? Maybe he thinks I wanted to leave him for real? All these questions...I just do not have the answers to yet.

"Miss, here is your Double Shot Latte." said the barrister.

"Thank you once again!" I thanked, as I take my exit, I notice the message on the blackboard at the front door.

~ Special Performance ~

With 2PM and special guest, Park Ye Eun from the Wonder Girls! Tonight, here at 8pm! A must-watch show!

Saint Pierre Staff.

Another 2PM performance, with Ye Eun-ssi as the special guest... Meaning Junho will be here tonight. Finally, he has come back here. After such a long time...I will get the chance to see him. If I go tonight...does that mean everything will be back to normal?

...

The performance with 2PM featuring Ye Eun

The much anticipated performance has arrived. The 2PM members and Ye Eun are very excited for tonight's show. They have missed their performances here at Saint Pierre and look forward to bring smiles and love from the students of Dongguk once again. Despite all the members being excited and nervous for their acoustic performance, it is Junho who is the most nervous once again. Undoubtedly, Junho still very much believes that tonight will be a special one, so special that he may even see his So Eun for the first time in a month. 

"Annyeonghaesayo, we are 2PM!" greeted the members.

"Are you excited for tonight's performance?" yelled the members.

"YES! DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP 2PM GO!" chanted the audience.

"Arasso, since it has been a while since our last performance, we will perform a special song for you loyal fans!" said Taecyeon.

"Wonder which song is it?" asked Wooyoung cheekily.

"I think it goes like...Only you, if it's not you, I can't be fixed, it's only... " sang Jun.K.

"So, what song is it?" asked Nichkhun.

"ONLY YOU!" answered the audience loudly.

"Ne, this is the song for you tonight, 'Only You'. Please enjoy it!" said Chansung.

 

 

Only you, if it’s not you, I can’t be fixed
I wouldn’t be able to breathe again
It’s only you my baby it’s only you

Why can’t I let go of the memories that have already ended
Why do I keep holding onto them alone
After letting that person left me, go, I live a new life
Oh~I know it too, that it’s the way it should be, I know it too

Though I couldn’t bring myself to believe it the first month,
After nothing but crying for the second month
And on the third month, holding onto my whole heart
I tried to meet other people
But I couldn’t bring myself to smile

As Junho begins to sing his lines, his eyes flutter across the audience, searching for the sight of that one lovely woman but she is nowhere to be seen in his viewable sight. 

Only you, only you can bring me to life
I can’t stop these tears
So just come and return to me

Only you, if it’s not you, I can’t be fixed
I can’t bring myself to smile again
it’s only you my baby it’s only you

Listen, You were really beautiful. When you smiled, I was blinded by the light
To that bright smile, I lost track of all thought
Oh~miss you baby, I really miss you so much

No can understand me, and also as of now
Why to this day I still have a deep attachment to you
Oh~though they don’t get it, you have known it

Only you, only you can bring me to life
I can’t stop these tears
So just come and return to me
only you, if it’s not you, I can’t be fixed
I can’t bring myself to smile again
it’s only you my baby it’s only you

Yo, I tried to forget you but,
No matter how hard I tried, I keep finding myself looking for you
And even until now, I keep remembering that bright smile
Isn’t it pitiful, how did it come to be this way
I’m unable to quite forget everything altogether
There continues to exist an empty spot that refuses to be filled
It can only be filled by you

Only you, only you can bring me to life
I can’t stop these tears
So just come and return to me

 

Just as the members conclude with Junho's last part of the chorus, Kim So Eun finally arrives and enters the back of the audience subtly. They are still up on stage, luckily I made it! I am going to be mesmerised by him tonight, again, she thought to herself.

Only you, if it’s not you, I can’t be fixed
I can’t bring myself to smile again
It’s only you my baby it’s only you yeah~

Junho is there...singing like a presence of an angel, with his eyes gazing at the audience, showing his true muscianship and sincerity for being here in front of them...Him singing ' I can't bring myself to smile again, it's only you, my baby...' makes my heart beat so rapidly as if he saw me and was singing it directly to me. I doubt that he could, because I am right in the back corner...So Eun thought to herself, as she positioned herself further into her dark corner, in attempt to not let Junho realise that she was here.

The members concluded 'Only You' to perfection, with Junho's flawless finish, which made the audience melt in delight.

"Thank you guys! Did you love our song?" said 2PM in unison.

"Ne!" agreed the audience.

"We are glad that you guys enjoyed it! Now it is time for our Junho to perform with our special guest Park Ye Eun from the Wonder Girls! Please make her welcome!" said Taecyeon, as he greeted Ye Eun's entrance onto the stage with the members as they headed off the stage.

"Junho-yah....I think So Eun-ssi has just arrived to see you. Sing the next song with Ye Eunnie perfectly and full with emotion for her arasso? Your fate has finally come to give you two lost lovers a chance." whispered Wooyoung to Junho, as he started to walk off the stage.

"Huh? Where is she?" asked Junho anxiously.

"At the back of the crowd. Impress her Juneo!" cheered Wooyoung as he left Junho with Ye Eun on centre stage.

"Annyeonghaesayo, I'm Ye Eun from the Wonder Girls!" greeted Ye Eun.

"Annyeong Ye Eun-ssi! Everyone we will be performing a special duet together tonight! Ye Eun-ah, it is the first time that we are singing a duet isn't it?" said Junho.

"That's right, this is the first time! So fellow Dongguk students, please enjoy our acoustic duet version of 'Sorry' from our recent album, 'Wonder Party'! Cheer on Junho who will be playing the keyboard for the first time in a while!" said Ye Eun happily.

"Yes, indeed. Please forgive me, I am a little rusty! Anyway, here is our version of 'Sorry'. Please enjoy it!" said Junho with anticipation.

As Junho is playing the keyboard introduction to the song, his eyes shoot directly to the back of the room, as directed by Wooyoung, who previously spotted So Eun there. Then, he quickly spots her, and gives her his signature deep, emotional gaze before starting to sing his part of the song. So Eun manages to return a sweet smile just before Junho's eyes glance away from hers. He saw mewhispered So Eun. She really is hereJunho thought to himself.

(*Ye Eun* Junho, *Both)

I was the one who coldly left you, saying that it’s the end
But these days, I think of you, who only loved me


I shouldn’t call you because you’ll be shaken again
I try to promise myself but it’s no use
Without knowing, I look for you again

Baby I’m sorry,

 

I think I’ll hurt you again
Baby I’m sorry
After seeing you, I think I’m getting a bad heart
I still want to hear that you love me
I still don’t know myself too
Baby I’m sorry

 

We can’t go back to the times when you loved me but
I can’t stand you forgetting me
Can we try again? Can we love again?
I know that it’s no use but

I want you to still look at me

 

With that bad heart, I meet you.

Junho's line 'Can we try again? Can we love again?' really impacted So Eun, who was starting to walk slowly through the audience to watch from the middle of the audience. Tears had started to form from her eyes as her heart was beating the fastest that it has beated since the last time she met Junho...Can we really love again, Junho? She thought to herself.

Baby I’m sorry,
I think I’ll hurt you again
Baby I’m sorry
After seeing you, I think I’m getting a bad heart
I still want to hear that you love me
I still don’t know myself too
Baby I’m sorry


Sorry even if it’ll give you a scar again
But I still need your love
How can I live without you?
I don’t want to live without your love

You can’t forget me yet
Forgive me for being so bad
I’m sorry but I need your love
I’m sorry


Baby I’m sorry
I still want to be your everything
Baby I’m sorry
I still want your entire heart
I can’t let you go, I still want your love
Why did you love such a bad person like me?

 

Junho finally spots So Eun in the middle of the audience, and looks into Ye Eun's eyes for approval, who in return squeezed his hand and nodded with geniuneness and mouthed 'Go' to him. Junho-yah, please do not ruin your chance. Win her back! Ye Eun thought to herself.

Junho walked step by step through the audience to stand one metre in front of his woman, the woman that he had been wishing to see tonight, the one woman he has yearned for over the last painful four weeks. He stood dead still in front of the woman, who was trembling in her spot as the audience cheered for the two. He then began to sing his last line, 

Baby I’m sorry.

The audience then gave their cheers and a round of applause for Ye Eun first, and then for Junho who had kept his eyes on So Eun's teary eyes. He finally moved closer to So Eun, and put his arms around her light shoulders, pulling her in for a tight, warm and fulfilling embrace.

"I've missed you." whispered Junho, causing So Eun to place her hands around his back, finally returning his embrace.

"I've missed you too." said So Eun.

...