Sweet Dreams, Senseless Dreams

Take A Chance On Me

 

It has been one month since So Eun had been discharged from hospital. She is still using a wheelchair to transport herself, due to her left arm and leg casts have yet to be removed. Recovering from her nasty injuries has been nothing less than a huge challenge, but with her family, Junho and even her Kim Bum oppa by her side, she has been coping. However, one thing that has frustrated her mind day after day has been the possibility of missing out on her first drama audition.

 

 

Just like almost every other night for the past month, Junho would quickly finish his schedules and recording sessions for his upcoming solo project, and use his resting time to visit and look after So Eun at her house overnight. He’s been undeniably tired and despite his best efforts to hide it, So Eun easily took notice. She starts to feel guilty for being so dependent on her lover as the last thing she wants is for him to suffer.

 

 

 

 

“Junho-ah, I’m seriously okay tonight. You need some more rest,” said So Eun as she cupped Junho’s cheeks and softly his hair. She stared at him with concern.

 

“So Eun, you’re not fine. You can’t even walk properly! I’m not tired at all so don’t stop me from taking care of you. Arasso?” demanded Junho, as he held So Eun’s hands tightly together.

 

“Okay…but after tonight, you don’t need to come so often. I know you’re busy with your new album and assignments too. I know you are worried, but I am even more worried for you. Look how thin your face has become! When I pinch you, there’s no more meat to pinch!” teased So Eun, who pinches Junho’s cheeks playfully, making the boy wince in pain.

 

“Yah! That hurts! Okay, fine! I’ll won’t come to see you then!” joked Junho, who was trying to escape So Eun’s deadly grip.

 

“Well…you have to come see me sometimes…not everyday. Just once in a while. I’m an old nuna now.” So Eun whispers into Junho’s ear.

 

“Aish, this woman. What do you want me to do?” Junho complained, while pouting.

 

“I want to do…this”

 

So Eun presses her lips onto Junho’s that made the latter’s eyes widen in shock. Her kiss started off tenderly but then soon after, it grew more passionately as Junho began to take control. Junho’s hands reached to cup So Eun’s rosy cheeks before sliding them down to her jaw line, then onto her neck before reaching the hem of her sleeping shirt.

 

So Eun gasped in return, and quickly pulled away from Junho’s warm lips, though rather hesitantly.

 

“Junho…didn’t you bring me something delicious? I’m hungry…so please go and get it to feed me.” So Eun said, as she patted Junho’s head.

 

“But all I want is to eat you.” Junho smirked, before leaning close to her neck leaving warm kisses like a trail before wanting to move down to her collarbone, making So Eun ticklish.

 

“No…I’m still injured silly. Just wait a little longer. Calm your hormones down kid.” So Eun laughed, as she pulled Junho’s head away from going further down her upper body.

 

“Fine…I have no choice right, Miss. Crippled? I made fish and century egg porridge for you this morning before work. I’ll go get it, wait here.” said Junho, as he pecks So Eun’s lips one last time before making his way downstairs.

 

 

Shortly after, Junho returns to So Eun’s room with a heated bowl of his homemade porridge, a big spoon and also her medication and a glass of water. He made sure he had gotten everything So Eun needed. He wasn’t whipped; he just cared for his girlfriend as he still felt that slight hunch feeling of guilt for causing her condition. They never spoke of that night attack again. Junho did not want to think about that horrific night up in the mountains, when he carried So Eun who was covered in blood in his shaky and weak arms all the way to the hospital.

 

 

“So Eun-ah? So Eunnie? Are you asleep?” Junho whispered, while tapping So Eun, who had tucked herself in bed, with her arm hanging out with her cast, and her leg stretched carefully in a straight position. Life was undeniably restricted for So Eun.

 

“She’s fallen asleep on me…again.” Junho fixes So Eun’s blanket to cover her body properly, before planting a kiss on her forehead however just as he started to walk away, So Eun suddenly pulls his hand. Junho almost jumps in surprise.

 

“Junho…wait. Please don’t go yet.” So Eun murmurs, with her eyes still closed.

 

“Eh? I thought you were sleeping already…I’ll stay. What’s up love?” said Junho, who sat back beside So Eun on the edge of her bed.

 

“Can you sing me a goodnight song…please?” whispered So Eun, who opened her eyes slightly to look at the dreamy face that is staring at her ever so lovingly.

 

“Sure, anything for you, my So Eunnie,”

 

“Please listen well.”

 

Junho intertwines So Eun’s hands with his before beginning to sing softly.

 

 

Even if we are apart, I see you if I close my eyes,

I say to myself that you are somewhere under the same sky


When you wander in a storm, being all alone, don’t be afraid I’ll protect you

Shine light on our future, just like a star, sparkle in the dark where the way is not seen

Watch over our world, just like the sun, like the stars that gently look over us

 

 

“Sweet dreams, So Eunnie.” Junho said as he slowly gives the blinking-eyed girl one last goodnight kiss.

 

“Thank you, and goodnight Junho. Now I can sleep comfortably…” yawned So Eun.

 

“Sleep tight. I won’t be coming over tomorrow, so I might see you the day after,” said Junho.

 

“Mm, neh.”

 

“So Eun-ah, I love you.” Junho confesses, as he finally releases So Eun’s hand and makes his way out of her room.

 

“I love you too, Lee Junho.” So Eun whispers quietly, before quickly falling asleep, for real this time.

 

 

Three days have past since Junho last visited So Eun at night. He had been especially tired from his last-minute preparations for his solo album. He had begun to form a new set of choreographies, and being the skilled dancer he is, he demanded no less than an extremely difficult dance to push himself and reach greater heights. As an artist, Junho has always been passionate with his work with the members. But now, when he’s been given an opportunity to go solo, he definitely worked harder to meet his own high goals and he certainly didn’t want to disappoint s either.

 

So, ultimately, he has been gaining more hours for sleep rather than taking care of So Eun at night. However, this was not because he didn’t want to see her. It was because she was feeling worried about his health and lack of rest. Whenever So Eun started to worry for him, he would always try his best to lessen her troubles and even more so now.

 

The two had exchanged phone calls at night of course, but obviously it wasn’t better than talking and seeing each other in person. Though, on this particular night, Junho wanted to surprise his girlfriend after she told him some positive news and also to tell her some news of his own.

 

 

“Junho-ah, guess what?” So Eun said over the phone.

 

“What, So Eunnie?” said Junho, in an attempt to sound cute; which obviously didn’t prevail.

 

“My professor called me,” revealed So Eun.

 

“And, what did he say?” asked Junho curiously.

 

“He asked me to pick up the scripts for the audition. Because he believes in me, saying that I’d be able to recover in time for filming! He’s giving me a chance!” blurted So Eun in excitement, which made Junho chuckle equally as happy as his girlfriend was.

 

“Oh chincha? See I told you that he’d give you a chance! He knows that my So Eunnie’s talents are not to go to waste!” complimented Junho, rather proudly.

 

“Aigoo, I’m not that great. I’m just lucky.” So Eun acknowledged humbly, just like any other professional actress.

 

“You’re not only lucky because your professor gave you this chance.” said Junho mysteriously.

 

“Then why else?” questioned So Eun.

 

“You are also very lucky to have your boyfriend standing outside your house with your favourite patbingsu!” said Junho, who looked up from outside of So Eun’s house to her window, in hope that she’ll open the curtains and see him. He was too happy so he forgot that So Eun was still on crutches.

 

“Aigoo, don’t kid with me!” said So Eun, in disbelief.

 

“Okay, don’t believe me then. I’m hanging up. Bye!” said Junho abruptly before actually hanging up their call for real.

 

“Aish, this bastard, how dare he?” bickered an annoyed So Eun.

 

Ding dong, ding dong.

 

“No way…” So Eun murmured upon hearing the sound of her doorbell.

 

 

 

“Omo, Junho-ah! I haven’t seen you the past few days! You must’ve been a busy boy!” Mrs. Kim greeted Junho with a friendly hug, since he was basically family now, despite putting her precious daughter in utmost danger a month ago.

 

“Annyeonghaesayo, Mrs. Kim! Neh, I’ve been busier than usual, so I couldn’t come over as frequently…” said Junho considerately, as he pulled out of her arms.

 

“Ah, I understand. Please come in, So Eun is upstairs as usual.” said Mrs. Kim, while letting Junho to step into the house after taking off his shoes and changing into his slippers. Yes, he even had his own pair because he’s always around of late.

 

“Thank you, Mrs. Kim. I bought some patbingsu on the way here for you and Mr. Kim along with Hee Sun-ah to eat on a hot night like this. Please enjoy it!” Junho gives the bag to Mrs. Kim who smiled in both delight and happiness.

 

“Aigoo, you silly boy. You didn’t have to…Thank you anyway, Junho-ah! We’ll eat it well! Did you buy some for So Eunnie too?” thanked Mrs. Kim.

 

“I didn’t have a choice, or else she’ll take my life away. You know how she is.” said Junho humourously, making his possible mother-in-law chuckle.

 

“Arasso, I’ll let you go upstairs and see the poor girl.”

 

“Neh, Mrs. Kim.”

 

Junho then carries the small bowl of dessert upstairs to So Eun’s room. He saw the door was already opened, but he wanted to knock on softly anyway.

 

“Appa, I’m sleeping already!” yelled So Eun. Junho smirks at her bad attempt of lying.

 

“How are you going to win the audition if you at lying?” teased Junho.

 

“YAH LEE JUNHO! GET OUT!” screamed So Eun like a mad woman.

 

“Oh, so you do know that I was in your house? But you want me to ‘get out’? Arasso, but I’ll eat this delicious, crunchy and sweet patbingsu before I leave.” Bickered Junho. He missed teasing his girlfriend like this. He always loved the way she would cutely fight back with him.

 

“Omo, my love Lee Junho. You totally surprised me! Oh, have I missed you!” said So Eun who immediately changes her tone to the cute one that she knows will melt her boyfriend's heart. She quickly stood up on her crutches from her chair and starts to move towards her patbingsu.

 

“Aigoo, this woman. Why do you have to be so cute? Don’t try to walk, because you know that I’ll come to you.” Junho then rushes to her side, which made her smirk in victory.

 

“Are you going to feed me Junho?”

 

“Like you can feed yourself without getting the sweet stuff everywhere. But you can try, and when it drips over you; I can help you, do this…” Junho said slyly, as he leaned closer to So Eun and kissed her neck.

 

“Yah…the ice is melting!” said So Eun who pushes the cheeky male’s head away from her sensitive neck.

 

“Okay, then. Say ‘ah’!” Junho then begins to feed her, of course with the’ helicopter style’; being the man-child he is.

 

“Mmm, this is the best! Thanks Junho-ah!”

 

“Oh, you have a red bean stuck over…”

 

Junho gives So Eun a sweet kiss, though quickly pulling away once the red bean was in his mouth.

 

“…here.”

 

“Here you go again…but I like it.” So Eun returns the favour with another soft kiss.

 

Not long after, the two had finished their bowl of patbingsu and So Eun was getting sleepy again, since it was almost 1am.

 

“Hey sleepy head…”

 

“Neh, flirty head?” teased So Eun.

 

“You mean handsomer-than-your-Khunnie-oppa head.” Junho expresses, feeling proud of himself because of his true fact.

 

“Okay, fine just this time. Since you bought me food. What’s up?”

 

“So Eun-ah…my So Eunnie.”

 

“Neh? Come on just tell me already.” So Eun was getting impatient from Junho’s dragging words. She didn’t know what he was going to say, but she had a feeling that it was important.

 

“I’m leaving for Japan tomorrow.” Junho revealed while avoiding eye contact with So Eun as he was scared to see her reaction.

 

“For how long?” asked So Eun bluntly.

 

“For…almost…eight weeks. Two months.” The two both gulped at the time that they are going to be separated for.

 

“Two months…”

 

“I’m sorry, So Eun. So sorry. For leaving you like this, while you are recovering. I’m so sorry, love…” Junho’s face had darkened into his sadness. So Eun noticed his change of expression, and seeing him being sad like this overruled her sadness of him leaving her. Although Junho was always the one to show how much he hurt when So Eun was hurting, the girl herself would have even felt more sad when she saw her man in a state where he was almost in tears.

 

“Aigoo, pabo-yah. It’s not that long and it’s for your solo debut! How can I hold a gifted musician like you back? What kind of girlfriend would I be?” said So Eun positively, while holding the sad man’s cheeks with her small palms.

 

Gifted musician…you haven’t called me that in a while…Aren’t you upset at me though?” whined Junho.

 

“Well you are in my eyes. I’ll tell you everyday if you wanted to, or if I feel like too hah. Am I upset? Of course I am. Who likes to send their boyfriend away for more than a day?” said So Eun.

 

“I can postpone them until you’re fully fit again…” offered Junho, who was still feeling guilty and resistant in leaving his girlfriend in the state she was in now.

 

“No, you’re going and it’s final. You’re going to sweep everyone in Japan off their feet with your smiley eyes, warm and soothing vocals and your charismatic dance moves. And when you come back…”

 

“…you’ll be able to see me walk properly on my own again.”

 

After So Eun’s honest words from deep inside her heart, Junho strongly pulls her into his embrace, as if he’s never going to hug her again, well for a while at least.

 

“This is why you are the best woman in the world. And I’m the luckiest guy in the world because you are mine.” Whispered Junho.

 

“Hah, you just realised?” said So Eun confidently, as she realised her mission succeeded in cheering Junho up.

 

“Aigoo, I realised ages ago. Now, let me kiss you senseless before I’ll be leaving you for two months. Two whole months!” And without any notice or any sense of waiting for the girl’s response, Junho did exactly what he said.

 

Boy, he kissed her so passionately that her injured body couldn’t help but melt into the moment of being in Junho’s arms and never escaping from his silky, wide lips.

 

After a while, the two finally pulled away.

 

“I love you, Junho.”

 

“I love you too, So Eun. Don’t miss me too much! Remember to pick up my calls too!” said Junho, who was visibly happier after their ‘senseless’ moment.

 

“I won’t.”

 

I’ll miss you so badly. More than you can ever imagine, Junho-ah.