Truth and Sincerity

Take A Chance On Me

So Eun's sudden burst of passion had suprised Kim Bum, however this made him even more worried for her. Kim Bum felt sheepish for allowing So Eun to kiss him with such rage and sadness in his mind, however his heart had struggled to pull away. He had been dreaming for this moment for such a long, agonizing time. He had spent every day and night longing for So Eun to hold onto him tightly like this, letting her emotions surge onto him. However, the thought that she was not doing this because of her love for him, but rather for the anger gained from the trauma of seeing Lee Junho being swept away by his girlfriend, right in front of her. So Eun, you being upset over another man...and letting your sorrow like this; how can I take advantage of you like this? Kim Bum thought to himself.

Flashback to the parking lot incident

After a few minutes of kissing, Kim Bum finally got a hold of his emotions and pulled his lips away from So Eun's while slowly moving her away from his chest with his hands on her petite shoulders.

"Why oppa? What's wrong...?" asked So Eun, who was confused as to why Kim Bum pulled away from her.

"So Eun-ah, mianhae. I can't take advantage of you like this, especially when you are torn from what happened with Junho-ssi and Ye Eun-ssi earlier." said Kim Bum clearly.

"What do you mean? I want you like this Kim Bum oppa and I know you want me too. I'm not torn...they are a couple, so why should I feel upset because they kissed passionately in front of the audience?" said So Eun, who was hopelessly trying to maintain control of her emotions, which clearly failed because Kim Bum knew exactly what she was feeling at this very moment.

"So Eun, let me tell you honestly from my heart. As much as I enjoyed that kiss, the kiss that I was waiting for, I just don't believe that I...no, we both can do this anymore." admitted Kim Bum. His words had hurt So Eun, but it had completely crushed his own heart for finally saying them.

"Oppa...why are you feeling this way? Did I hurt you in any way? It's getting late we should-" asked So Eun awkwardly before Kim Bum interrupted her sentence.

"I am a little hurt seeing you this way, denying your true, sincere feelings. You are sad, shattered and driven by jealousy. I know what you are feeling So Eun, but I still allowed myself to take advantage of your anger. This is definitely not because I did not want to kiss you like that, because come on, I am still a man. You just wanted to use me as a distraction for having an emotional breakdown aren't I right?" expressed Kim Bum, who was beginning to show his real emotions through his eyes slowly being filled with tears.

"Oppa...I'm sorry for using you like that. I'll be honest with you now oppa, I was angered by the sight of them two...and I should have never let my anger out over you. But you do know I wanted to kiss you with all my might like that, because that's what I've always wanted to do." So Eun was lying to herself now, she is creating more excuses for her actions in attempt to not hurt her oppa with more damage. However, Kim Bum understands that she does not want to hurt him with her truthful feelings, but by lying to herself now, he was feeling even more pain.

"So Eun-ah, I think we should...break up. I cannot bear to see you denying your heart anymore. I cannot force myself into this relationship for longer. Please understand from my view point; I really want to stop trying to make you love me like you used to, when clearly your love...belongs to another man now." said Kim Bum sadly. This is what is best for her; for me; for us. I need to let her go, and find her own happiness. He thought with deep remorse.

"Aniyo, why are you being like this? Don't you love me anymore?" asked So Eun, who had tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Of course I do, and I always will. You love me as your oppa, not as your lover like you had in the past. As much as it pains for me to admit, finally after all this time; the man you love is not me. It is Lee Junho." said Kim Bum calmly.

So Eun then was shocked by Kim Bum's words. Was it really the end of their short-lived relationship? So Eun was oblivious to all the  torment she had given to Kim Bum. How can he discover my love for Junho? Even before myself...I am deeply sorry oppa. She thought to herself, while dragging more guilt into her heart, which made her speechless.

"Don't feel burdened So Eun-ah. Stop denying your feelings for him and go after him." Kim Bum tried to regain his composure by desperately stopping his tears from falling.

"Aniya, it is not like that. He does not love me...didn't you see how much he loves Ye Eun-ssi?" said So Eun.

"You are just hoping that he still loves Ye Eun wholeheartedly, so you do not become the third wheel. You and I both can see through his deepest feelings from the way he gazes at you, how well he treats you, how he wrote a song dedicated for you. As a man, I can see that he loves Ye Eun, but that love is different to the one he has for you dear."

"So don't be scared anymore. I think Ye Eun knows it too. It is funny how Ye Eun-ssi and I are in the same situation, getting into a relationship at the wrong time with our childhood lovers. I guess it is fate, as we both selflessly put our friendship before ourselves. Take a chance on Junho-ssi, please So Eun....All I want is for you to find your own happiness, with a man who can give you that." said Kim Bum sincerely. He was really letting his love go now, as he believes that this is what a man and an oppa should do. This shows how much he loves So Eun, how he treasures their friendship over his personal feelings and his maturity.

"Would you be happy though oppa? Letting me go like this..." asked So Eun who had stopped crying as she accepted the fact that her Kim Bum oppa cannot tolerate being with her anymore.

"I will be pissed off for a while because my girlfriend got taken away from me; no rather I selflessly let her go. But were you mine to begin with? However, after I can see you smile freely and not by any force, only then my heart will be at ease because my So Eunnie found her happiness" explained Kim Bum.

"Oppa... this is why you are the most important person in my life. You always put those around you as the number one priority and yourself second. I have always admired you being this way." said So Eun with her fullest sincerity.

"But if he ever hurts you, I mean ever, it will be my problem too. So don't be afraid to come back to me So Eun-ah" exclaimed Kim Bum. He really did mean this, and So Eun understood his intention clearly; if Junho or anyone dares to hurt his precious So Eunnie, he will never let them go.

...

At So Eun's house

After the serious, heartfelt conversation between So Eun and Kim Bum, Kim Bum had driven So Eun home because although they were no longer a couple, he still felt the responsibility as her oppa, her best friend to take her home, especially at this late hour. The car journey was completely silent and a new sense of awkwardness had risen between the two. This was inevitable, as both of them are still lost in their own thoughts because of their feelings being told to one another.

"We're here, So Eun-ah." said Kim Bum quietly.

"Ah yeah oppa. Thank you for taking me home..." replied So Eun.

"Mianhae So Eun-ah, I'm sorry for adding to your sadness by telling you my true feelings. I really do hope you stop denying your feelings for him... Let's give each other some space for a while, then we can return to being best friends alright?" asked Kim Bum.

"Oppa, I'm not sad anymore. I can't thank you enough for letting me face my feelings that I have been hiding in my heart. Space and time, of course. We both need it don't we? Oppa, you have always been my best friend and regardless of what the future may hold, that fact will never change arrasso?" explained So Eun, who was glad that she had someone like Kim Bum in her life.

"Arasso, goodnight So Eun-ah." said Kim Bum.

"Goodnight Kim Bummie oppa!" said a lightened So Eun.

Kim Bum then drove away at a high speed away from So Eun's house, after watching her enter her house safely. So Eun, please do not make me regret this...letting you go to another man. You will be happy right? Kim Bum asked himself. Did he make the right choice? Can he bear to see his So Eun with another man other than himself? Only time will tell. Stay strong Kim Bum, you will get through this; it is not like you will never see her again, he thought to himself.

So Eun stood at her door while looking through the window, making sure Kim Bum had driven off safely. She heard the loud exhaust sound from his car as he pushed hard onto his accelerator and drove off. So Eun can feel that Kim Bum really tried his best to keep his emotions in check as they left each other, making her feel glad that he could be so understanding. She was obviously upset over him breaking up with her, as she knew how much effort the both put in to make their relationship work, but she was relieved for the most part. So Eun then walked to her room then let her body collapse onto her soft bed, looking up at the roof.

Kim So Eun, you really have hurt the most important person in your life, your Kim Bum oppa. Why did you have to force yourself onto him while trying to deny your feelings for...Junho? Pabo yah, doesn't this whole situation makes you even more burdened and confused? So Eun thought to herself. Unknowingly, she then grabbed her phone from beside her and switched to her dialled numbers list. It read: Kim Bummie oppa<3, Kim Bummie oppa <3, Omma, Professor Jang and... Lee Junho. With much resistance, she finally pressed 'Lee Junho' and pressed dial.

"Yoboseyo? So Eun-ssi? Why are you calling at this hour? Is something wrong?" asked Junho.

"Junho-yah...we need to talk." replied a nervous So Eun.

...

How will Junho and So Eun react to each other's seperations? Will all be explained through this phone call? Nothing is for certain.