Tired of Waiting Part 2

Take A Chance On Me

Getting ready for the date

Junho's POV

Today is d-day. Our very first official date; one that we both have waited restlessly for. It really has been a long time coming, at last. At this instant, there are thousands of thoughts that are flying in my mind such as; what am I going to wear? Something laid back or formal? Should I prepare something? How should I ask her to be my girlfriend? These thoughts do not end! I am getting too excited just by seeing So Eun. It is not like we haven't seen each other alone before, obviously we have; countless times, but why am I so nervous?

So should I wear just a simple grey shirt with jeans? For something more casual. Or should I wear a white dress shirt with trousers and a loose scarf? Maybe I should just go for the grey shirt and jeans, something that will look normal and comfortable for a date on the green grass on the oval at Dongguk. So I change into the casual outfit, quickly styled my hair and admired myself in the mirror. This grey shirt is my favourite v-neck cut, which is also slightly tight around my upper body region, exposing my worked-out proportions of my body. My dark blue jeans are straight fitted accompanied by my Armani belt and black sneakers. But I should ask Minjun hyung for some advice, just in case, because he is the fashion king in 2PM. So I call him over to my room.

"Minjun hyung! ! Can you please help me here? Hurry!" I yelled.

"What's wrong Junho-ah?" asked hyung.

"Hyung, do you think what I'm wearing is good for my date with So Eun? Or should I go for something more formal..." I asked.

"Why are you dressed so casually for your first official date? You would not usually dress so plainly to meet girls" replied Minjun hyung, as Chansung suddenly barge his way into my room.

"Yeah, Junho-yah hyung is right. When you used to go on dates with Ye Eun nuna, you used to dress so..." said Chansung before I interrupted when he said Ye Eun's name. Aish, this kid really is getting on my nerves for always talking about Ye Eun as if he is truly interested in her or something.

"Yah Hwang Chansung! It does not matter anymore because that was in the past. If you dare to date her, then you would need to dress even more handsomely than I did!" I warned Chansung.

"Yah shut up Chansung, hyung is talking. Junho, are you that nervous that you cannot even work out what to wear? And you want to be a fashion king like me?" said Minjun hyung. Hyung was always like this, making me to admit to embarrassing things.

"Just answer me already hyung!"

"I think you should wear that (points to the grey shirt and jeans). This will make you feel more comfortable and if you wear your sunglasses to finish off, then you will just ooze in charisma that will melt your So Eun-ssi!" answered Minjun hyung. Will this really make her melt? I hope it does because I love it when she gets all flustered when she looks at me.

"Arasso, thank you hyung! You are the best!"

"Deh, no worries. Have fun on your date! Don't come home too early!" said hyung. Too early? I hope so too...secretly.

"Yeah Junho-ah, just go already! Stop making us so jealous." said Chansung.

"I'm sure we will have plenty of fun tonight. Alright, I'm heading off now! See you later hyung!" I greeted, as Minjun hyung and Chansung left the room.

So to finish this "student" look, I put on my Ray Ban Aviator sunglasses, which are perfect for this warm evening. I hope I am not too casual, but it will have to do as it is now 4:45 PM, so it is time to leave for the date. So Eun-ah, be prepared to be swept off your feet tonight, I am coming for you!

So Eun's POV

It's 4:30 PM now, and I still have not finished cooking! The prawns for the salad are still not cooked, the roasted ham is not ready to be cut and I still have not prepared the fruit salad either. Not to mention, I have not even gotten dressed yet! Aish, whenever I need to go meet someone, everything is always so frantic! So I quickly prepare all the cutlery, plates, wine glasses, blanket and the picnic mat altogether before quickly chopping the pineapples, oranges, strawberries and apples to finish the fruit salad and draining the now cooked prawns. Great, that's almost everything done, except for the ham. I will just get dressed first, to allow more time for the ham to cool.

Ah, which dress should I wear? This low-cut white maxi dress? Or this LBD? Nope, not the LBD...it is a little too for a picnic date. Or this purple strapless dress? What would Junho like? Maybe the white one, which is more casual then. But then it is too casual! The purple one looks the most beautiful, as I just bought it yesterday. It's length is above the knee, and it wraps fittingly around my thighs making them look nicer than they actually are. It is perfect! This should impress him! Lee Junho watch out, you are going to be enchanted by my dress tonight!

Alright, now that I am dressed and my hair done; it being tied loosely to the side and with my fringe lightly waved, it is time to slice the ham and leave! I'm already late and I wanted to get to Dongguk oval earlier to prepare our picnic spot, making everything to perfection for our first official date. Surely we have met each other, just the two of us, countless times in the past, at the coffee shop, at the restaurant and even at the hospital. But why do I have this nerve-racking feeling?

...

At Dongguk Oval

It is now 4:55 PM, five minutes before the two lovebirds are to meet. So Eun finally arrives, and quickly rushes to a quiet, cool spot near the large trees and begins to gather everything out of her basket, starting with laying the checkered picnic mat on the refreshing grass patch first, then placing the folded banket on the mat, as well as putting the cutlery and plates out. She then looks around her, in search for Junho, who is no where to be seen, at least by herself.

"Aigoo, thank god he has not arrived yet! I barely got everything ready! How should I wait for him?" mumbled So Eun to herself, making her expression grow into more frantic one. She then shuffles herself through numerous positions like a child rolling in frustration.

"Should I lie down? Or sit? Lie on my back, front or side?" So Eun asked herself before settling for a lying position on her side, while leaning on her arm as a head rest. She was so into looking appreciable, that she was completely oblivious to those students walking by with large smirks across their face, including that one guy - the guy she was waiting for, Lee Junho, who was coincidently hiding behind a nearby tree watching So Eun's every frantic move from afar. He was so amused by So Eun's adorable actions and even blurted out a cute chuckle before slowly walking toward the girl dressed in a stunning purple, a purple that he loved on his woman.

Junho then finally reaches their picnic spot after watching So Eun for fifteen minutes. He then slowly lay down next to So Eun, who seemed to be dozing off, and put his arm around her waist.

"So Eun-ssi, this was my favourite position out of the five."

Junho's POV

Kim So Eun, you really look stunning tonight. In that irresistable purple dress, you really look like a flawless angel. The thing that is amusing, you actually want to shuffle around so openly in that tight dress of yours, and not even realising that you are embarrassing yourself as well as letting those erted male students stare at you. Only I can stare at you alright? Aish, this woman... I better go to her now.

I see that she has dozed off into her dream land, let's just lay next to her until she realises that I'm here. After two minutes, she still hasn't woken up. So I then wrap my arm around her waist smoothly. She must wake up now!

"So Eun-ssi, this was my favourite position out of the five." Now she wakes up. God she is so cute when she wakes up in shock, as her eyes widen brightly.

"Omo, you're here!" said So Eun. She quickly tries to stand right up, before I sit her back down in my arms beside me.

"Wow, you really did prepare a lot! I just came with my body..." As soon as I said my body, So Eun's cheeks began to flourish into her signature rosy complexion - the one feature that I adore the most. She must have been shocked by my words, again.

"Oh aniya, I did not mean it in that way. I just thought we would be going somewhere not having a picnic." I said, to calm both mine and her nerves. She then gave me a relieved smile, for the first time today. God I've missed your smile So Eun-ah.

"Well, I prepared dinner and wine, so we'll have the picnic here is that okay with you Junho-ah?" said So Eun, who was visibly more calm now.

"It is perfect So Eun. I have never had a late picnic like this before." This was true, she really prepared everything itno perfection I must say. She must have had a hard time cooking all this food, and into her outfit. I truly admire her so much.

So Eun then opens the wine bottle, and began to pour some into our glasses.

"A toast, for blissful memories in the future!" cheered So Eun.

"Cheers!"

"Do you like prawns and ham?" asked So Eun.

"So Eun-ah, I am not a picky eater, you should know that I like to eat anything! But I especially like eating prawns."

"Of course I know. You are easy like that. Good, I made a fresh prawn salad and I even roasted the ham myself!" said So Eun. Wow, she really is impressive in cooking. She is definitely worthy of taking care of me now. Aish, stop thinking that she is your wife!

We then continue to eat So Eun's spectacular cooking happily. This feeling we have right now between us was like bliss, one that we could finally have after all those days of lingering, longing for each other. You do not know how much I wanted this, wanted to share a moment like this with you, So Eun.

"So, you are going back and forth from Japan these days I see. You must be having lots of success overseas!" said So Eun.

"Yeah, I guess so. We have been focusing in the Japan market over the last year or so, as we are trying to make 2PM bigger internationally, but I hope we can maintain our success and reputation in Korea." This was the first time in a long while, that we could talk so comfortably with each other, without any tension whatsoever. It goes to show that we are more confident with our feelings now.

"What about you So Eun-ah? Whenever we talk, it seems like you always just talk about how I am going, but never about yourself." I asked. When we hold conversations with each other, it really is focused about my life. Yes, it indicates that she likes me a lot, and is very interested in my daily life but she seems to be reserved on hers. So, since we are more comfortable, it is time for me to ask about your mysterious life So Eun.

"Well, as you know, I am halfway through my degree. So I do plan to gain more experience." said So Eun.

"As your sunbae in the industry, I believe that experience, especially in acting, is definitely key. Have you auditioned for any dramas, movies or CF's yet? Even for minor roles?" I asked. This was interesting that So Eun is opening her thoughts on her career to me. This really takes our mutual understanding to another level, talking about our professions and goals.

"I have acted in small roles for dramas before, but I want to audition for a good supporting role. Then this will give me more experience on my resume and hopefully make some in roads into the industry. That is my goal for the next year or so before I graduate in another two years." said So Eun professionally. She is showing her admirable determinism now, with the sense of eagerness in her eyes, expressing her passionate character. Passion, was what we had in common, and what made me fall for her so deeply.

"So Eun-ah, you really are determined to achieve those great, big aspirations of yours. The passion you have for acting; doing the thing you love the most, really shows how much of an amazing young woman you are. A young woman that will work her hardest to strive toward her boundless potential. You are truly the most determined woman I know. Maybe that is why I like you so much." I said sincerely, in hope that So Eun can feel my sincerity. I then reached for her hand, and held it tightly.

"That really means a lot Junho. Thank you for your support. I will always support you too!" said So Eun, as she gives me a light hug. She really heard my words clearly, with her heart, and I am thankful that she understands my care for her.

"Aigoo, I am so full from all the delicious food! You sure know how to feed me well! Now I just want to sleep..." I joked, as I slowly fell onto the mat before pulling So Eun close beside me.

We both lay down together, as if we do not ever want to move from this moment we then look into the night sky filled with stars that shined so brightly.

"Right now, I think you are that bright, beautiful star in my sky" I said, while holding So Eun's hand and pointing it toward that large star that was shining ever so sparklingly on us.

"Junho..."

"You really do shine...and even though I don't express it to you, I am envious that are always trying to make us work with no strings attached... I must say that I am so grateful that you have been so strong all this time, Kim So Eun." This was my true emotions finally being let out to her. I hope she understands meaning of this, as I kiss her on the cheek gently.

"Junho, will you sing a song for me?" asked So Eun. 

"Arasso, I will sing you a song." I replied happily. I then start to sing Bruno Mars' 'Just The Way You Are' - a song that I personally like, and one that all women would love.

So Eun's POV

I am literally melting again from listening to Junho sing. He really is a gifted musician, their voices are simply different to others. They are special people. I am fully immersed into him singing once again, even more so this time. My heart is beating so rapidly fast, faster than before. Is it because he was singing directly to me, and no one else? Or is it the way he closes his eyes for a while, then opening them again and gave me his adorable eye smile? God, his voice is so mesmerizing that I am tearing up again!

And when I see your face...there's not a thing that I would change. Coz, you're amazing...just the way you are. 

As he sang the last line, my tears of joy began to fall down once again. I was never this weak, until I heard that warm voice of his. I always give into you, Lee Junho.

"So Eun-ah, why are you crying?" asked Junho, as he wipes the little tears off my face.

"Your voice, your gaze...everything about you is just so beautiful that it makes my heart beats so fast everytime I see you." Aish, what are you Kim So Eun! How can you say it so desperately and stupidly like that again! How many times do I have to make a fool of myself in front of him! I am outright crazy.

"No wonder I fell for you since the first time we met, Lee Junho." Calm, have to keep calm.

"So Eun, I feel the same way. But please don't cry anymore. Girls are ugly when they cry. Give me that sweet, sweet smile of yours that I love." He feels the same way?! He fell for me at first too! Omo, he also loves my smile? You are truly driving me crazy tonight, Lee Junho-ssi.

I then give Junho a large smile for a moment, before reducing the width of my smile and curved it into a so-called seductive smirk as I slowly lean toward Junho's face; which was blushing hard for once, and pressed my lips hard on his. He was in shock of course, but after a split second, he kissed me back with even more passion. The slick touch of his lips on mine, was one that I have imagined for so long, waiting endlessly for. His lips were mine at last and I never want them to separate from mine, if it was possible. But then that optimistic wish of mine was not granted, as Junho slowly pulled away from our first kiss. At least he seemed to have enjoyed this moment as much as I did, as he is giving me that dashing smile of his, the smile that I fell for.

"I know I have been very inconsiderate for taking so long to ask you this. I am sorry for not having the courage before, but I have it now." Omo, is that question finally coming out of his mouth? Yes, you should be sorry for taking so damn long! I even started to doubt if you actually would...

"Kim So Eun-ssi, will you be my girlfriend?" asked Junho confidently, like a man - the man that I always knew that was hidden within the layers of Lee Junho. Aish, my eyes are becoming watery again! I really have no control over my emotions because of you Junho-yah.

"Yes." And that was all I managed to say, before bursting out in tears of joy once again as Junho embraced me so tightly than ever before. I have always wanted to be next to him, with him holding me close like this and never letting go, giving me the feeling of being loved, cherished and safe. Junho was finally able to give me that and I am so grateful to have him too.

...

The two then hold onto each other tightly in the midst of this divine night, before falling asleep in each other's arms.