Coffee Shop Encounter - The 2nd Edition

Take A Chance On Me

At a Table Enjoying His Coffee and Cake

Junho's POV

I like to be left alone sometimes, it gives me space and time for some deep thinking or some creative ideas for my next composition; which by the way is about unrequited love. That rings a few bells. Man, those miss A members, especially Suzy, really do want to accompany or something because they were so reluctant to leave me alone. They are my hoobaes, so I think it is best for them, just like every other idol group, to attend to their schedules on time and do not take their eyes off the ball, as they are still not at their peak. However, Suzy was being a little too clingy for my liking. She is a nice girl, don't get me wrong, but sometimes I think she treats me a little too nicely, making me feel uncomfortable and of course Wooyoung uncomfortable. Young girls like her are always like this.

As I'm enjoying this strong, crisp taste of my coffee and the mouth-watering chocolate overdose of the oozing fondant, in the same coffee shop as the one that all those events had occured that night, my mind is starting to wonder. That one girl. I still remember her striking features, her full-hearted eyes and her honeyed voice. Her angelic image that had made me so curious about her. She seems like she would be around my age, probably a student at Dongguk as the customers are all students anyway. Will I meet her again? I secretly hope so, although I still haven't found a reason why I am so intrigued by her presence. So, when I meet her again, I can get a hold of this curiosity and focus back on my little issue with Ye Eun.

So Eun's POV

Here I am again. Coming in for my daily fix of caffeine after another physically and mentally taxing acting class. To become a world-renowned actress really requires one's maximum effort and desire in order to achieve this status. 

"Oh you are here again? What would you like today?" asked the guy at the counter.

"The usual please"

"So just a Double-shot latte?" asked the guy.

"Yes please, with extra marshmellows thank you."

So, this place is full of customers once again, like it is every other day. It is always difficult to find a seat, so often students have to sit together with other students who you may or may not know. I don't mind it actually, because I just see it as a form of socialising, listening to other's stories and so forth. I walk near the window seats, which seem to be all filled. However, at the very end table, there was finally a spare seat, so I quickly hold my coffee and my film scripts and almost ran to the seat. But as I got within 2 metres from the table, I realise the guy who had his back facing me looked strikingly familiar. His hair was a dark shade of brown and straightened, had broad, muscular shoulders and had a y back. What am I, like Justin Timberlake or something? y Back? That does not exist in my vocabulary!

With courage, I continued walking slowly towards the table. Then I realised that this guy who I supposedly thought had a "y back", was indeed y. I glanced over his face, and my heart started racing faster that racing horses, because that mysterious yet warm aura was definitely something I had felt before. It was Lee Junho, the Lee Junho who capitivated me ever since that night. I then walked up to him and tapped his shoulder lightly.

Junho's POV

"Is this seat taken?" asked a familiar sweet voice.

I paused for a split second. I recognised immediatley who that voice belonged to. It is her.

"Ah, excuse me? Are you waiting for someone or something? Then it is alright, I will just go find another place to -"

No, do not leave me, or go further away from me until I work out the reasons behind my curiosity.

"No, it is not taken, please sit." I interrupted quickly.

"Annyeonghaesayeo!" she greeted, with a bow and the same innocent smile.

"Oh it is you from the other night, annyeong" I greeted nervously. Why am I so nervous? She is just a fan.

"Oh you remember?" she asked. How can I not?

"Yes, of course I remember. May I ask for your name?"

"Kim So Eun" she answered.

"Kim So Eun-ssi, hello, I am Lee Junho from 2PM and currently studying at Dongguk University. Music composition major." I answered.

"Music composition eh? As expected from such a gifted musician like you Junho-ssi." she praised. Gifted? She thinks I'm gifted? She definitely is one of a kind.

"Yeah, our boss wanted us to enhance our studies, so I want to learn more about composing music... Are you a Dongguk student too? What major are you studying?" I asked in curosity, trying to keep my cool and hiding my immense nervousness; so my ears do not become too red.

"I study the acting major. I have a strong desire to become a world-renowned actress. Sort of in the mould of Korea's Scarlett Johannson." she answered.

"Chincha? That is great! You want to become like Scarlett Johannson? My ideal type? I wish you the best of luck then." I teased.

"Maybe I am too optimistic... If I was like Scarlett Johansson, would you take a chance on me Junho-ssi?" she asked. Wow, this was so bold of her. I like her forwardness.

I remained silent, starstruck by her question. Will I actually take a chance with her? Probably, even if she wasn't like Scarlett. This was the first time I had not thought about Ye Eun, soley on another woman. Only momentarily though right?

"Hah, you know I am just joking right? Don't take it seriously Junho-ssi!" she explained.

"Arasso, I am not your type am I..." I questioned.

"Deh, not really actually." Wow, that just felt like a gun shot to my head.

"Don't worry I would not misunderstand... Let's talk about our personal stories, since we are enjoying our coffees and company." I said, to stray away from the awkwardness.

...

The two chatted about their personal stories and experiences; past, present and what they desire in the future. So Eun had told Junho about her struggles while she was younger; a teenager that often got misunderstood by others of being a , because of her sheer determinisim and optimism that nobody had at that age. Junho had told So Eun about his past struggles as trainees, the burden of winning an idol competition, being an almost doppleganger of Rain and how he is so determined to continue with his music career with 2PM, as well as his solo aspirations and how all these desires are to shine in front of his father's eyes of a worthy musician. He also explained about his father, being a famous neurologist, and although not in full dissagreement of him being in an idol but still is not full of praises about his talent. Their conversation had gotten deeper and deeper, to an extent that only close friends would go to, like how Junho and Ye Eun speak to each other, which eventually formed a respectful and attractive impression of each other. Until So Eun's phone rang.

Nothing better, nothing better... than you. Rang So Eun's phone, the ringtone made Junho very suprised.

"Sorry, excuse me, I need to take this." said So Eun.

"Annyeong, Kim Bummie oppa, what's up?"

"Kim Bummie oppa?" sneared Junho quietly to himself. A sense of jealousy already?

"Yes I am sitting in the corner next to the window. Arasso" hanged up So Eun.

"Who was that?" asked Junho bluntly, clearly jealous about her Kim Bummie oppa.

"Oh just my oppa, he is coming here to take me to his house for dinner..." explained So Eun, in a somewhat reserved tone of voice. Scared that Junho would be mad or something, for leaving him after such a great conversation.

"So Eunnie? Is that you?" Kim Bum caught So Eun at the table.

"Annyeong oppa! I'm here!" replied So Eun in glee, much to Junho's suprising discomfort.

"WHO IS THIS GUY? YAH AREN'T YOU 2PM'S JUNHO! Mianhae... I'm just suprised that's all. So you are So Eun's friend?" yelled Kim Bum.

"Ah yeah, annyeonghaesayo, I'm Lee Junho." Junho replied courteously.

"Mianhae, but So Eunnie and I have to take our leave now." apologised Kim Bum, as he grabbed So Eun's hand and pulled her up from her seat.

"Oh anniyo, no worries. It was nice meeting you Kim Bum-ssi. So Eun-ssi, let's continue our talk another time. Have fun at your dinner, I need to take my leave too. Bye!" rushed Junho.

As Junho left the coffee shop, in total jealousy of Kim Bum and So Eun, he starts to wonder about their relationship and the way he grabbed her hand like that. A little part of him, wished that he was Kim Bum. Is it just curiosity, still? He says to himself, starting to become even more confused about his feelings for So Eun. So Eun and Kim Bum, not hand in hand anymore, head out after Junho. Junho's somewhat sad presence was immediately felt by So Eun, making her anxious as to why he was like this way? Was he upset at her? She then thought to herself in disbelief, as they had just met for the second time, and how he was with Ye Eun from the Wonder Girls. So she just continued walking, with a feeling of disappointment.

...

Disbelief would lead to belief in one way or the other eventually.