Lingering Feelings

Take A Chance On Me

Sparks were flying, fireworks were blasting and two hearts were gleaming. A new connection was discovered by Junho and So Eun quickly, during their deep conversation. The way the two opened up to each other, resembled two people who had known each other for a very long time. However, this moment came to an end, when the opposition entered the competition. The prize being a woman that truly is one of a kind.

...

On the way to Kim Bum's house

So Eun's POV

This was the first time in a while, that we are sitting in the car without saying one word. Usually, Kim Bum oppa and I would chat about anything, like what dramas are good to watch, rumoured celebrity couples even make-up ideas. Why was it so awkward?

Finally Kim Bum oppa broke the silence.

"Why were you with that 2PM guy So Eun? How do you know him? Are you two close friends? Do you like him or something? Or are you dating him already?!" demanded oppa.

I know he is showing concern for me, as he always does... But why is he so worked up about me seeing another guy? I'm a little overwhelmed by his flood of questions, so I didn't answer immendiately and just stared at him blankly for a moment.

"Aniya oppa, we are just friends. I'm also a fan of his. There is nothing between us, don't misunderstand me." This is the truth, we are just friends, not even because today was the first proper conversation I had with him despite opening up each other's thoughts without any hesitation. It had made me gain such a comfortable, warm and safe feeling. I feel that there is some sort of a connection between us, something I can't explain with words. It was just there. I just want to get to know him more.

"So Eun-ah, if you are seeing someone, I would be the first person to know right? You would tell me truthfully wouldn't you..." asked oppa, much to my suprise of this sudden question.

"Yeah, of course, who are you? My Kim Bummie oppa! I trust you with my life." It is clear that Kim Bum oppa and I have been family friends since forever. He was always my 'first-aid kit' whenever I was in trouble, having gloomy days and so forth, so it was inevitable that I have my full trust in him, more than anyone in this world.

"Good. It better stay that way." he stiffened. His tone had deepened, and grew more serious. Although Kim Bum oppa had always been over protective over me, but at this moment, his expression was so strong and intense, the opposite to his usual playful self. Was he jealous of Junho-ssi? He can not possibly be, because I know he does not hold any romantic feelings for me whatsoever and insists that our relationship is a great 'sibling' one. He should not be angry at me right?

During dance practise at the JYP building

Junho's POV

Kim Bummie oppa?! Who was he to her? Her boyfriend? He does not seem like a regular oppa to me. The way he grabbed her hand with such ease, and how she did not let go of his hand, instead just smiled happily at him with those bright eyes...Aish chincha! Why should I care? We just met! She is not even my sister, girlfriend; just barely a friend. I cannot concerntrate anymore! My whole body is so stiff and my dance movements are not in sync with the group at all. Kim So Eun, what on earth have you done to me!

After 2 long hours of practising, finally our much-needed break has come. I really need to drink some fluids and take some time to compose myself, get back my focus and attention. I'm at work, I should not be letting my mind waver during practise, as the big concert is coming very soon. I'm so exhausted, both physically and mentally.

Someone then came behind me and put an arm around me. This arm had belonged to my beautiful best friend; Ye Eun.

"Junho-yah, are you ok? Are you feeling discomfort in your back, because I know you still haven't fully recovered from the injury yet. Your movements are really off the pace today, which is unusual for you. I'm worried about you Junho" Ye Eun, you had just made me feel a sense of relief, you are always so caring towards me, thank you for being my best friend, my love; when I need you by my side.

"Ye Eun-ah, I'm not hurt anywhere, so you don't have to worry. I just had a long and exhausting day at Uni today, that is why my focus is a bit off.."

"Yah, thank god you are alright. I know you want to perform to the best to your ability at all costs, but the way you are wearing yourself down like this, I can't help but to worry about you Junho.." Ye Eun really does comfort me the most when I am having a tough time, she treats me with such care and concern, that I take for granted sometimes. Always wishing we could share something more than what we already have.

"I know, thank you for always caring for me Ye Eun. You are always by my side when I need you most. You really are my best friend, and I love you." I love her as a sister, a friend and a lover, and I must treasure having her beside me.

"Why are you thanking me? We are best friends after all. I love you too Junho" said Ye Eun. Did she love me more than a friend?

"Let's go eat some Bimbibap and rice wine for supper. Your face is so pale today, working tiredlessly until your body and mind is about to fall apart. God, without me, who is going to look after you, you careless child!" offered Ye Eun.

"Arasso, let's go eat! It's been a while since we went out to eat together, just the two of us. I miss those times Ye Eun-ah..."

We go to the carpark to get my car, and off we go! We have been so busy lately, so we haven't had our own outings let alone see each other often. This care and affection is why I love Ye Eun, always have and I hope it stays this way. I am comfortable and happy with her, because we really understand each other the most.

...

At the restaurant

"Omo there is so much food! We always order too much, and we are meant to be having a diet too... This wouldn't digest well." said Ye Eun.

"Who cares Ye Eunnie, just for tonight, it should be ok. I'm feeling down so let's just eat and drink this lovely rice wine and enjoy ourselves!" exclaimed a hungry Junho.

"Arasso, let's eat well! One shot?" Ye Eun raising her cup of rice wine.

"Call!" replied a now happier Junho.

The two continue to feast on their scrumptious and home-like Bimbibap, accompanied by the smooth, relaxing rice wine. After they finish their meals, they keep on drinking the rice wine and chatting along, for old time's sake.

"Are you hiding anything from me?" asked Ye Eun randomly.

Then an awkward silence rose between them.

"Why would you think that I am hiding anything from you? Sometimes you ask the strangest questions..." said Junho, who had immediately understood her suspicion. Did she finally realise his feelings? Or was it that she thinks that he had fallen for someone else? So Eun maybe?

"If you are seeing someone you love, you would tell me truthfully right?" asked Ye Eun.

Another silent pause between the two.

"Of course I would, because you would do the same and tell me if you were in love with someone. After all, we are best friends, always have been and always will be. So there is not any suspicion or hiding things between us anyway. Don't worry, if I do fall in love with someone, you will be the first to know Ye Eun-ah" said Junho.

Ye Eun's sudden questions had gave Junho a shock. She had not asked him such questions about his love life before. Junho sensed that Ye Eun had figured out that he held feelings for her, not as a friend; but as a soul mate, due to her forwardness all of the sudden. Ye Eun had surprised herself as well by asking such demanding questions, as she never went that deep in this topic before because Junho never really had any love interests and had special feelings towards other women. Will she finally stop denying Junho's feelings for her? Is Junho ready to take the next step and to confess his life-long love for Ye Eun, without any hesitation whatsoever? It is not going to be a free ride by any means.

...