The Fate That Leads To Pain

Take A Chance On Me

In Junho's room

Junho's POV

What have I done? To the woman that is the most important person in my life? Ye Eun... I am deeply sorry toward you, so sorry that you could not imagine. You are my eternal best friend, the one who has been beside me since childhood, the one who was my rock through all the rough patches in my career. And I still had to hurt you in such way. Using your love to help deny my selfish desires...for another woman. I can't let myself go for this. But she was too intoxicated to think properly tonight right? She will just forget everything she said and tomorrow everything will return to normal. This isn't happening for real...or do I just believe it isn't? Lee Junho, when did you become such a selfish bastard?! You should have never brought Ye Eun into this mess.

Love me like money, love me like cars. Love me babe, love me babe wherever you are...

Ye Eunnie's voice...no it's just my stupid ringtone. Aish, this is great! Who on earth is calling me at this hour?

Caller ID: Kim So Eun

, it's her that is calling me. Why now So Eun-ah? At this hour...when I am in this emotional state. Should I just ignore her call? I am really not in the mood to talk to anyone, and I don't want to say something stupid to let out my anger at her. But I can't leave her hanging...

"Yoboseyo? So Eun-ssi, why are you calling at this hour? Is something wrong?" I asked. I always give in to you So Eun-ah. My heart is feeling very uneasy at the moment.

"Junho-yah...we need to talk." said So Eun in a serious tone. Something is wrong with her, greeting me with such a tensed voice.

"Is it something important? Can we just talk in person another time? It is really late now and I am very exhausted..." I said bluntly. I regret saying it like that, but I really am not in the mood to talk to anyone right now.

"No. I need to talk to you now." Alright, she was even more serious than I am. Now I definitely know that something is really wrong. I wonder what happened to cause So Eun to be so tensed?

"Arasso, what's up then?" I asked calmly. Junho, let's not put your anger on her anymore. You may hurt her that way.

"Kim Bum oppa broke up with me..." Gulp. Chincha? Am I hearing this wrong? How could he possibly break up with her? So this is why she is sounding so serious...

"...because he found out about my feelings...for you Junho." This isn't happening. This isn't happening. Your feelings...for me? I feel even more uneasy now. I should be happy, but I am feeling so guilty for causing her break up...and potentially mine with Ye Eun. I am speechless, so I remain silent and took another deep breath.

"I tried my best to not let those feelings I have hurt him...but I did in the end anyway. The last thing I wanted was not to hurt Kim Bum oppa because he is the most important person to me in my life. I don't think I can ever forgive myself...what should I do Junho-ah..." said So Eun, who was starting to cry and I heard her voice turn more sorrowful while she sniffled her nose. Fate...why does it have to hurt the innocent; the ones we love and treasure the most? Why does it always happen to the two of us? Fate really only brings pain these days...

"Say something Junho-yah, please." I'm trying dear, I truly am...

"So Eun, I...don't know what to say..." I blurted out, sadly I could not gather the right words to say to her. I am sorry So Eun, I am shaken from your confession...too unstable to say anything.

"Make me feel like I am not stupid. What am I to you Lee Junho? Do you have...the same feelings for me too?" Why do you always have to make me so speechless with your direct, clear words So Eun-ah?! I don't have the courage to respond... I can't say my true words to you right now but I hope you can already sense that I, Lee Junho, has already fallen in love with you, Kim So Eun.

"So Eun-ah, I can't do this right now. Please understand me...because I really had a rough night. My feelings for you, our feelings...I don't know how to answer you at this moment. You are smart enough to figure my answer out. But asking me to tell you directly...can you please give me more time to think?" This was my sincere feelings. I am not ready confess to her tonight, no matter how hard I try to say those three words. I need time to consider everything that has happened first. So Eun-ah, please be patient with me and wait until I am ready.

"Junho...I understand how you are feeling now. I'm sorry for demanding things from you like this at this time of the night. You must be totally exhausted...I will wait for your answer, however long you need. I'm not going anywhere Junho-yah. Sleep tight now, goodnight...." 

"Goodnight So Eun." Then I hanged up the call.

And no, I cannot sleep tight now. How could I? So Eun...she just confessed to me. After all this time, she finally stopped denying and expressed those dark feelings that she had in the corner of her heart. But I let her down, because I am a coward who can't admit that I have been feeling the same way as well. Letting So Eun down for not being honest to her, letting Ye Eun down for severely hurting her warm heart...I am good at letting down those people I love the most aren't I? What am I doing? Why did I allow myself to absolutely ruin everything? Taking away others' happiness without knowing, trying to avoid hurting others, thinking the pain would fall on me instead...Like this plan worked. So Eun, Ye Eun... I don't deserve either of you.

...

Next morning, at 2PM's dorm

It's 6am in the morning, and the 2PM members are still in their deep sleep in their bedrooms...at least most of them were. Until a woman's roaring voice and thundering fists had woken up the members.

"YAH LEE JUNHO, WAKE UP AND GET OUT HERE NOW! YOU ARE SO DEAD!" yelled Yubin, who was using both of her fists to ferociously smash the door open. Then after three minutes, Taecyeon finally came and opened the door.

"Yah, Yubin darling...why are you yelling so early in the morning?" asked a sleepy Taecyeon.

"DO NOT CALL ME DARLING. WHERE IS THAT JUNHO BASTARD?" screamed Yubin, who was enraged with anger, even in front of Taec, her 'close' friend.

"AISH! Arasso! He is in his room sleeping!" exclaimed a now frustrated Taecyeon.

Then Yubin pushed past Taecyeon and barged her way into the 2PM dorm and ran with heavy, thumping footsteps into Junho's room. She than dragged the sleeping boy out of his bed and punched him in the stomach with all her force.

"Yah that hurt! Oh...Yubin nuna! Why are you here so early in the morning? Taec hyung is still-" said an awakening Junho.

"YAH! WHAT DID YOU DO TO YE EUNNIE LAST NIGHT? I TOLD YOU TO TAKE AFTER HER AND SEND HER HOME IN PEACE. SO WHY WAS SHE CRYING HERSELF TO SLEEP?!" shrieked a furious Yubin, who did not let out her anger very often; especially at Junho, who she was good friends with.

"Ye Eun....cried herself to sleep?" asked a saddening Junho.

"Yes she did you bastard! She would not even come outside of her room! She did not even spoke a single word when she came home, or even bothered to wash her drunken self up!" exclaimed Yubin.

"Yubin nuna, I am sorry for hurting her. But on the way home, while she was still drunk...she wanted to break up with me. Demanding she was sober; making me wanting to believe her. However, I do not intend to leave it like this." explained Junho courteously, who was always honest to his Yubin nuna.

"She wanted to break up with you?! How is that possible? What did you do to hurt her so badly!" said Yubin, who had now calmed down as she realised that Junho was saying the truth sincerely.

"It is complicated. I will deal with it." said Junho.

"You better deal with this! Even though you are my honest dongsaeng, I will never forgive you for hurting Ye Eun. Now come over our dorm and make it up to her! The stupid girl will only listen to you, you bastard!" demanded Yubin.

Then Yubin and Junho left to go to the Wonder Girls' dorm on tenth floor.

...

At the Wonder Girls' dorm

"Try and go in. You better make her feel better and not hurt her anymore than you already did last night." said Yubin.

"Arasso, I'll try my best nuna. You don't have to worry..." said Junho, who was trying to calm down his concerned nuna by reassuring her so she would not worry so much. But in fact, he was one hundred more times worried about Ye Eun.

Knock, knock. No answer. Knock, knock again. Still no answer. 

Junho then pushed the door open with force and then saw Ye Eun, who was lying on the floor, still dressed in the same clothes from the night before. Her room had smelled like alcohol, wet tissues and a bit of vomit. Ye Eun was definitely not in her best state.

Junho then slowly walked towards Ye Eun, who was sleeping with her swollen eyes closed, and bent down on his knees and pulled Ye Eun from the carpet onto his chest. He then her hair and her forehead, where her temperature was buring hot. Ye Eun, you have a severe fever, and you still had to drink more alcohol in this state? Junho whispered. He then kissed her forehead gently, in the same way that he had used to when they were children; whenever Ye Eun was sick or feeling ill. With the touch of Junho's gentle lips on her hot forehead, she had opened her red eyes.

"Junho...what are you doing here?" asked a half asleep Ye Eun.

"Ye Eunnie, are you feeling alright? You have a severe fever, and why did you drink so much alcohol when you came home? You really are a pabo! I'm going to take you to the hospital love." said a worried Junho, who acted like nothing happened last night.

"Junho-yah...I am not feeling alright, my heart hurts so much right now. I think I need to go to the hospital too." said a weak Ye Eun.

"Arasso, I'll carry you to my car. Let's go, Ye Eun-ah." said Junho.

"Please put me down!" yelled Ye Eun.

"Why? You are so drained of energy right now. Let me help you." said a calm Junho.

"I do not need your help. Go back to your dorm and I will just ask Yubin unnie and Sun to take me." said Ye Eun bluntly, who was now fully awake.

"Why are you being so stubborn Ye Eun? I am your boyfrie-" said a frustrated Junho, until Ye Eun cut him off before finishing that last word.

"You are not my boyfriend anymore! Don't you remember what I told you last night? We are over..." yelled Ye Eun.

Junho was speechless for a moment. She actually remembered?! This really is happening, face it Junho, he thought to himself.

"Junho-yah... I'm sorry for saying it like that. You are my best friend, and I should not raise my voice to speak to you like this. But Yubin unnie and Sunye can just take me to the hospital. Don't worry about me. I will be fine..." explained Ye Eun.

"Ye Eun-ah... don't be so stubborn. How can I not worry about you, especially when you are sick like this?" asked Junho.

"You know what you can do for me?" asked Ye Eun.

"Anything you need my Ye Eunnie." said Junho coolly.

"Stop being too nice to me, and give me some time to recover from this break up. I really mean it Junho, I really do." said Ye Eun in a sad tone.

"You need time...I guess we both need to. I'll go now and tell the others to bring you to the hospital. Don't stop me from visiting you, caring for you and being worried for you either. After all, you are my eternal best friend right?" expressed Junho, who was willing to compromise with his Ye Eun.

"Arasso, best friend. I understand, now go back to sleep. I am fine Nuneo...it is just a fever, it's not causing me a lot of pain anyway." What was causing Ye Eun more pain, was the fact that Junho had not accepted her break up last night and he still had to treat her so tenderly which had caused her aching heart to flutter once again.

Junho then carried Ye Eun to Sunye's car for Sunye and Yubin to take her to the hospital. 

"Call me if anything happens. Thank you Sunye nuna, Yubin nuna." thanked Junho, as he closed Ye Eun's door.

"Just because you got Ye Eunnie out of her room, it does not mean we have forgiven you for causing her such grief." said Yubin, as Sunye drove them off on their way to the hospital.

As Junho watched their car driving away, he grasped his face with his two large hands and began hitting himself on his head.

Yah Lee Junho! Look what you have done to her! She is so sick right now. I didn't want her to be hurt at all...but because of denying my true feelings...her heart had shattered regardless. Kim So Eun, why did you make me fall for you like this? Junho asked himself, while draining himself in remorse.

...

Can Junho and So Eun forgive themselves for hurting those they treasured the most? Their dark true feelings has caused immense pain for everyone, including themselves... But do they have the courage to be with each other, after the burden they inflicted on themselves?