Confessions

Take A Chance On Me

Outside the coffee shop

Junho's POV

I'm so happy right now. Both So Eun and Ye Eun loved the performance. I'm glad that So Eun came, because I had been anticipating for her to come. I'm also glad that Ye Eun had enjoyed my singing once again, and how she was impressed with my English. However, So Eun was also impressed. I'm happy for both of them praising me, but this has just made my heart feel even more confused. I wonder what is so important that Ye Eun wants to speak privately?

"Ye Eun-ah, is there anything wrong? Why do we need to speak in private? You sounded so serious..." I asked in concern.

"Lee Junho, I need to ask you something and you must answer me directly and honestly." Was this it?

"Do you have any feelings for me other than those of being my best friend?" This was it. My heart is trembling as she asked me this question that I have been anticipating for my whole life. My expression deepens as I am contemplating of how to answer her.

"I, I honestly, truthfully, sincerely have..." I take a large gulp of my saliva, as Ye Eun's eyes are fixated on mine. She was dead serious for a direct answer.

"...have romantic feelings for you, Park Ye Eun. I always have since childhood, but I never had the courage to confess to you. I was scared, weren't we both?" I finally admitted it. After 20 odd years, I finally had the courage to tell the woman that has been by my side, every step of the way, that I loved her.

"Yah, why didn't you tell me earlier?! Aren't you a man? How could you resist the temptation for all these years? You really are a hopeless idiot Lee Junho..." She was starting to fall in tears. Ye Eun, please do not cry, I hate it when you cry despite you looking so beautiful. I am harsh aren't I?

"Why didn't I? Because I care for your feelings more than my own, so I waited, until you were ready to stop denying my feelings for you." I said, as I grasps her face with my hands and wiping her tears away with my fingers, like I always have done.

"I admit it now. I am not going to deny your feelings anymore, because the truth, the darkest truth that I have kept from you since childhood... is that I love you, Lee Junho; always have and always will." This was her true words, deep inside her heart; words that I always knew she wanted to say, but I never dared to force her to say them. Now that she has said them, of course I am happy, relieved; but why is my heart a little uneasy?

I froze when she said those words. Completely frozen, not knowing how to react. The woman that I love, loves me back for god's sake. Are you a man Lee Junho? Why can't you say you love her too, even more than she does, or even move?!

Then Ye Eun leaned closer to my face, then placed her familiar, tender, honeyed lips onto mine and starts to kiss me slowly and softly. I then kissed her back slowly, not trying to overdo this everlasting moment. Until Ye Eun parted her lips, allowing me to explore the walls of with my tongue and in return, she did the same. The kiss then became more passionate, as I pressed my lips hard against hers, not seperating at all. This was the first proper kiss between us, and certainly was filled with all the sophisticated emotions that we shared. Although I was completely immersed into the kiss, there was something missing as my mind was not totally fixated on Ye Eun, wavering in different places, that it shouldn't ever be. 

After minutes of deep kissing, we finally parted our lips and just laughed at each other as we embrace each other.

"Yah Park Ye Eun, I didn't think you could kiss like that. I should've confessed earlier." I teased.

"Shut up you dirty bastard! Just because we just kissed, and confessed our shameful love for each other, it does not imply that I will treat you better or differently!" bickered Ye Eun.

"Yah, doesn't your confession just confirm that we are officially a couple now?" I asked, just to see if she really means it.

"I don't know!" Alright, she was getting angry now.

"YAH PARK YE EUN! Answer me NOW! Or else I will run away and make out with another girl!" I yelled. Another girl that I would like to make out with... So Eun maybe? No way in hell, why did I even think that? I really am a bastard.

"You would not dare! Ok fine, yes we are a ... couple now. HAPPY?!" exclaimed Ye Eun cutely.

"Yes I am happy actually!" then I leaned closer to try and sneak another kiss, but Ye Eun just slapped me. Ouch.

"Yah Junho, don't take advantage of your best friend, even though we are a couple now. I need to keep you tamed, you dirty bastard. Take me home!" complained Ye Eun.

"Arasso, you're the boss.... my Ye Eunnie."

...

A few days later, at Saint Pierre

So Eun's POV

I sit at the table again, drinking my Double-shot latte, alone. Why was I alone these few days? Junho has not come here for coffee. I don't know where he's gone, but all I know is, he used to come here everyday like me, but recently he hasn't; much to my dissapointment. Reflecting back to Junho's last performance, he had mesmorized me once again with his soothing voice and impressive English pronounciation. He had made eye contact with me throughout the night, as well as glancing at Ye Eun-ssi. What does that mean? My mind starts to wander, maybe he is only treating me nice because he wants to be friends with me, or I am his fan because in reality, it seems that he does not feel anything for me or any other woman, except for Ye Eun-ssi. But why can't I accept the fact that it is just an unrequited love between us? One-sided, on my side. Try harder So Eun, you need to stop this infactuation, this crush you have on him; before you become more attached to him, than you are already.

Nothing better, nothing better than you... My phone is ringing. Caller ID: Kim Bummie oppa.

"Annyeong oppa what's up?" I asked.

"So Eun-ah, are you free tonight?" asked Kim Bum oppa.

"Yes indeed I am, why?"

"Do you want to go on a date with me?" A date, with Kim Bummie oppa? Chincha?

"Oppa, don't play with me again. You are never serious." I replied.

"I am always serious with you, you just don't think I am. I'll pick you up at 8 tonight. Please dress well. Bye" and he hangs up.

Am I really going on a date with him?

I drink the last of my coffee, but as I swallowed; something caught my attention. The television was broadcasting news on 2PM! Meaning news on Junho-ssi!

'The JYP Nation World Tour in Tokyo, Japan, was a massive success! JYP, Wonder Girls, 2PM, 2AM, miss A, San-E, JOO and the JJ Project had performed electrifying stages, full of charisma, powerful dances, blissful vocals and immense appeal. The highlight was the Wonder Girls' and 2PM's couple dance to 2PM's hit song "Back2U", which showed the close chemistry amongst the JYP Nation, but has recieved a criticism of the dance being too and intimate. However all the fans enjoyed the stage..."

Their couple dance was indeed intimate, as all partners were having very intimate skinship, that only couples would do in their private time. But then I saw Junho dancing in the arms of Ye Eun-ssi, my heart was torn and my eyes fired in rage, and when Junho had pecked her on the lips, in front of the whole audience, I no longer have the mental capacity to keep myself together in public. WIth tears falling down my face, I sprinted out of the coffee shop and caught the taxi straight home; draining myself in sadness for being so stupid to believe that there was nothing between them, thinking he would take a chance on me...

At the date with Kim Bum

Kim Bum had arrived outside So Eun's house with his Audi Q7. He steps out of the car, dressed in a black Armani blazer with a white shirt and a slim silver tie with dark grey trousers and Valentino shoes; looking like any girl's dream date, and walks nervously to the door; despite experiencing the same walk for his whole life. But this time, he was truly nervous. Then he pressed the door bell.

So Eun hears the door bell, then starts to panic, thinking to herself - 'It is 7:55, he is 5 minutes early! He must be excited'. She then finsihed applying her grapefruit flavoured lip gloss, glanced at herself in the mirror; admiring her slightly low-cut, tight fitting black dress on her slim body. She is ready to enjoy herself to forget her sadness from this afternoon and let herself at ease, with her Kim Bum oppa; the one she always is most comfortable with, and once held feelings for. She heads downstairs, then pauses at the door for a moment, taking a deep breath before opening it slowly.

"Annyeong oppa!" said So Eun, pretending to seem excited; more excited than she actually is.

"So Eun-ah, I have never seen anyone as beautiful as you in my whole life. Just wow. But, if we are going out on a date, in public, with lots of sleazy men, please wear my blazer, because you are mine tonight and I don't want anyone to stare at you. Arasso?" said a shocked Kim Bum. He was amazed that So Eun had such a proportionate body.

"Ne, oppa I just wanted to dress well; like you said." answered So Eun.

"You dressed a little too well. In future, only dress like this when we are going to a place with only the two of us, no other human beings because you are looking too dangerous right now." said a cautious Kim Bum.

"Let's go now, I have many suprises for you tonight!" insisted Kim Bum.

After a 15 minute drive, they arrive at the restaurant 'Hanami', one of the most recognised Japanese restaurants in Seoul. They walk hand in hand into the restaurant, heaidng towards the room that Kim Bum had reserved. The table was filled with cherry blossoms and a bottle of soju, with a view of the beautiful night lights of the city of Seoul. This was the perfect date, any girl could dream for. Luxurious, romantic and with a guy like Kim Bum, So Eun could not ask for much more from him, eliminating the thing she wants the most...

So Eun's POV

"Oh my goodness, Kim Bum oppa, how could you prepare so much? This is amazing... I had never experienced this before!" He must be crazy, he is wealthy but sometimes he really does too much for me.

"Only for you So Eun. Listen, I have something to tell you so please give me your full attention."

"Arasso...." Is he confessing to me? I don't think so. Stupid delusional So Eun, you are so emotionally sensitive today.

"When I knew you had feelings for me in the past, I didn't know how to react because I was scared, terrified that I would hurt you one day. But the fact is, I have always loved you, with my whole heart, Kim So Eun. I finally realised that, stop denying the truth; when I saw you with another man. It just frustrates me, strangles me to death, to know that someone could take you away from me..." Oh my god, why is he saying this to me now? Why now and not earlier?

"So, So Eun-ah, would you give me another chance and be my girlfriend?" What has he done not to deserve a chance? Nothing, he has always treasured me like gold, so we can try on that basis? Can't we?

I am lost for words, so I just nodded reluctantly. Then Kim Bum oppa leans in closer towards me, slowly, considerately and presses his lips onto mine, then pulls me into his embrace. Am I happy? Yes, because he is my Kim Bummie oppa, so I have every reason to be happy being his girlfriend. Trying out is one thing, but can I withhold my feelings for Junho? I will try my hardest, for Kim Bum oppa's sake, I have to because I will never hurt him.

Driving back to So Eun's house

So Eun's POV

"Thank you Kim So Eun, for being in my life, for being my best friend, for being my girlfriend but most importantly, being my love." said oppa.

"I should be thanking you oppa." In more ways than one.

"Sorry, that was cheesy. It is because being with you like this has been my dream come true. A dream that I have dreamt for a very long time." Kim Bum oppa really does love me, with his full sincerity. Do I deserve to have his love?

"Ok, we're here, would you like me to walk you in?" offered oppa.

"Aniya, it's alright, I can just go in myself. Thank you so much for everything oppa." Then I leaned in to give him a peck on the lips, as he my hair.

"Wait So Eun-ah, you have to call me everyday at night before you go to sleep, send me lovable text messages, show me aegyo often... so we are a real, normal couple arasso?" He is overly excited now..

"Yah! Do you want to die in a cheeseball? We shall see how lucky you are. No guarantees! Goodnight oppa, and I'm not calling you later." I teased.

"Arasso, I was kidding (not), goodnight my So Eunnie. Wish you have sweet dreams about me!" Then he drove off with a silly grin on his face.

I am happy, also relieved at this moment, because Kim Bummie oppa is trying hard to make me feel comfortable and love him more than I already do. I'm truly grateful for his love for me, and I hope we can be together happily, for his sake and my own sake; because I need to stop thinking about Junho, immediately. He is causing me a lot of lateral damage. But no matter how I put it, my heart is still in distress, even though I should be over the moon as I didn't hold false feelings for oppa in the past... Why am I still so uneasy?

...