thirty-seven | face to face

Luhan: My Annoying Boyfriend (Sequel to Luhan: The Annoying Brat)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Epik High ft. Lee Hi - It's Cold

 

 

Author’s POV

It was late in the afternoon. Sungchan stashed the red scarf properly inside a paper bag. She took it with her and searched for a pen and a paper and scribbled some words on it. After that, she looked for a small envelope and inserted the paper in it, left her room, and looked for Victoria.

She found her inside the kitchen.

“Unnie,” Sungchan called weakly to Victoria.

Victoria turned around and saw Sungchan. “Oh, hi… where are you going?”

Sungchan took Victoria’s hand and put the envelope in her hand. “Luhan won’t talk to me, nor would see me. Please give this to him because I know he talks to you.”

Victoria could see in Sungchan’s eyes that she’s tired. And she’s desperate. That she really wants this to end happily. She smiled lightly and nodded. “Yes, I’ll give this to him.”

“Thank you, unnie.”

Victoria watched as Sungchan left for the door. She gently opened the envelope and tried to read what was written.

Please see me at Seoul Tower.

6pm.

Please. I need to explain.

Victoria’s heart ached after finishing reading it. She tucked the paper back inside the envelope, washed her hands, and went to Luhan’s room.

When she knocked on her first try, no one answered. For the second time around, Luhan was the one who opened it. “Noona,” Luhan acknowledged.

Victoria let out a sharp breath and handed the envelope to Luhan.

Luhan stared at it. “What is this?”

“Open it. And read it.”

“It’s from Sungchan?”

“Read it.”

Luhan stared at the envelope in his hands, and hesitantly opened it and started reading it.

“You’ll go, right?” Victoria demanded after Luhan finished reading. “Tell me you’ll go, right? You’ll be going.”

Luhan slowly shrugged. “I don’t know…” And he immediately closed the door on Victoria.

Victoria sighed, a bit frustrated at her cousin’s action, but she went back to the room. She looked outside the window and waited, expecting for Luhan to come out. A few minutes later, Victoria sat upright beside the window, seeing Luhan walk out of the dorm’s gates.

 

---

 

It was eight o’clock in the evening.

Kris was driving along the streets. He knew all about the incident about Luhan and Sungchan and he felt very bad about it, so he wants to visit Sungchan and help her explain.

He was passing by the snowy streets, cold and icy from the snow. Kris shivered. “Wow, Korea’s winter sure is pretty cold.”

While driving, he noticed someone familiar walking by at his left. Kris took a quick glance at his left and saw Luhan walking towards a gym.

“Was that Luhan?” Kris thought, wondering what Luhan was doing alone. He shrugged and continued to drive to Sungchan’s dorm.

Upon arriving, he immediately saw Victoria and Amber entering the dorm gates.

“Noona!” Kris called. He left his car parked at the side and ran towards Victoria and Amber.

The two turned around and saw Kris. “Oh, hey Wu Fan,” Victoria greeted a bit wearily.

“Is Sungchan here?” Kris asked.

“She’s been gone since this afternoon,” Amber answered.

“She’s with Luhan,” Victoria smiled lightly, but tired.

Kris stared at them. “I just saw Luhan by the basketball gym downtown.”

Victoria’s eyed widened in fury. “You what???!!!!”

“What? Why? What’s wrong?”

Victoria suddenly started hyperventilating. She started murmuring words as she walked back and forth in the same line. Amber went and tried to calm her down.

“What’s wrong?” Kris repeated.

Since Victoria was in no condition to answer, Am

Please log in to read the full chapter