Chapter 18

She's Back!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"I-I... Don't know if I should answer your question." Sunny mumbled, sighing deeply as she pondered about TaeYeon's question. She was too straightfoward ever since their blooming friendship - and that's something that Sunny adored about her -, yet, most of the times it only served as an easy way to embarass other people. However, this time it was making Sunny crawl back to her shell, wanting nothing but to hide. The girl was caught redhanded, but she still fought back, trying to free herself from those inquisitive eyes.

"I won't judge you." TaeYeon smiled, trying to calm down the now trembling girl, but it didn't seem to work as the girl started to fidget in her seat. The teacher took a deep breath, scooting closer to the hyperventilating girl and laying a hand on her shoulder. "Trust me."

She could see the other's eyes shining with honesty, yet, she couldn't bring herself to utter those 3 words which were stuck in . It wasn't so simple. TaeYeon was a woman with a stable life and a perfect fiancée, who was Sunny to break it all down? She was only a student, nothing more... TaeYeon could denominate their relationship as friendship, but she couldn't stay related to that, it was way too painful to see the one she loved getting married with someone else who wasn't her. Sunny understood how SooYoung felt at that moment. The feeling of having someone else so close, yet so far, it was almost excruciating. Like being in a museum, Sunny could only admire and run her fingertips over the glass that separated her from the desired object, fantasizing about it's history. However, TaeYeon wasn't an object, instead, she was a woman with feelings, some of which Sunny couldn't carelessly step on.

"What is your relationship with SooYoung-ssi, Sunkyu?" TaeYeon tried a different approach, but still keeping her intentions in sight. Sunny sighed, running her fingers through her short hair, gaze casting low as she took a deep breath. She knew that there was no way she could escape from her teacher's question, sooner or later an answer was needed. "You have a boyfriend, don't you?"

"Is this an interview or what?!" Sunny exclaimed a little too harshly for TaeYeon's liking, yet, she didn't take her words back, letting it poke at the older's mind. A small smile was all she got as a reply, followed by a small sip on the coffee. It was beginning to annoy her, but she refrained the frown and exaspered sigh which threatened to escape from her lips.

"I'll be honest to you, Sunkyu..." Stop calling me that! Sunny wanted to scream, slam her hands on her knees and shout all of her troubled thoughts, but she couldn't, not when her name rolled off TaeYeon's tongue so gracefully, giving a different feel to the old-fashioned name. "I was worried sick about you.. Like I said before, I'm not going to lie... The thing is, when you reappeared from nowhere, I was relieved... However, there's this annoying thought in the back of my mind, which won't let me sleep... Will you answer it for me?"

"I-I think so?" Sunny stuttered, wondering why she was putting herself in a difficult position - agreeing to whatever TaeYeon was saying, without thinking properly about it. The teacher grinned, sipping on her coffee whilst straightening her sitting position. That curious gleam was back in her eyes as if teasing Sunny's crumbling confidence, mocking her mistake of trusting the smart teacher.

"Why did you run away?" TaeYeon carefully asked, her index finger tracing circles on the sofa fabric, but her eyes still locked on Sunny's widened ones. Her own heart was thumping loudly, excitement ran throught her veins as the thought of finally knowing the truth filled her mind, overshadowing the image of Sunny's pale face. She not only wanted to know, she needed to know. The truth behind Sunny's behavior was the first step for TaeYeon to understand herself and her mixed feelings.

"Will it change anything in between us? I mean, if I tell you?" The girl mumbled, gulping loudly as she tried to form a decent sentence in her mind. A sentence that could help her to not scare TaeYeon. The latter smiled, resting her hand upon Sunny's whilst slowly tilting her head.

"Only if you want to." TaeYeon whispered, understanding the silent plead that was shown in those teary eyes of Sunny. The latter remained quiet, staring at her teacher as her head began to ache. She was scared of the outcome, yet, she knew that an answer was needed - and she was going to give it -, but her body was beginning to show signs of being under pressure. Sunny wasn't sure if her trembling lips would be able to utter those three words, and if her heart was going to stand the pain of receiving a disgusted glare. "You're gay, right?"

"I-I.." Sunny choked, nearly falling off the couch once TaeYeon's words struck her mind. The other, however, only gripped her hand, interlacing their fingers as a try to calm her student down, but it only fueled Sunny's nervousness. The latter fidgeted in her place, avoiding eye contact with TaeYeon. 

"Is that why you ran away?" It was interesting how TaeYeon's voice startled her, even if it was just above a whisper. The girl gulped loudly, feeling tears pooling on her widened eyes. TaeYeon's thumb began to slowly caress the back of her hand whilst the woman stared right into her student eyes. "I won't judg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter