Chapter I

Attached To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The chirping bird in the tree near the house seems joyful and free. It almost didn’t have any problem if you just simply look at it. And then it decided to fly. Feet were lifted, wings flapped and head held high until it was inches away from the sturdy branch.

 

Freedom. That’s the suited word for the little bird that flew in…

 

10 seconds.

 

Definitely right. It was exactly 10 seconds before it landed back to where it came from. The mother bird almost didn’t catch her little young one but luckily, she came just in time. While the mother was examining it, the young bird flapped its wings again and showed how unbalanced the wings are.

 

It’s nearly like letting everyone know that this simple scene had its deep meaning where all offspring still need the advice and help of their parents. Even if they’ve reached independency, it doesn’t mean that they’re fully aware of what danger they might encounter. There are yet other things to consider especially if you’re destined to handle something serious in the nearest future.

 

“Roger! I repeat Roger!”

 

“What is it Agent 5?”

 

“There’s an intruder located in the kitchen!”

 

“I’m on it, Agent 4 here.”

 

“Bedroom upstairs. Clear! Agents.”

 

“Good Work Agent 3!”

 

“Has anyone heard any report from Agent 6?”

 

I turned my gaze away from the birds and tree before shifting it to the Liu Family’s house. Observing every move of the Agents inside through the windows, I slowly lift my head and closed my eyes. Why on earth are they like this? Are they really gonna take this lightly?

 

“Agent 1…we’ve surrounded the exits! There is no way the intruder can escape.” A whispered voice can be heard from the right ear piece I’m wearing. I could only heave a sigh of disappointment.

 

“FREEZE! DON’T MOVE! TURN AROUND AND DROP EVERY WEAPON YOU HAVE!” Agent 5 shouted and I have to detach the ear piece away from my ear to remain sane or else…I don’t even want to think about it.

 

“We’ve surrounded you!” Agent 4 quickly added and aimed his gun to the intruder perfectly. I opened my eyes and look at them again. Although almost all of the Agents were surrounding the unknown man, I noticed that Agent 3 is simply watching them halfway down in the stairs.

 

I shook my head and stood still. Scanning every part of the house, I widened my eyes and suddenly put the ear piece back to my right ear. I pressed it against my ear before commanding “Cut the crap gentlemen, we’re heading back to the airport! Hurry!”.

 

“Huh? Wait Agent 1! How about this intru—” Agent 5 glanced at every Agent and they just shrugged at the same time. They quickly shifted their attention to the supposedly intruder before exclaiming…

 

“XIUMIN?!!!”

 

The Xiumin guy laughed out loud and clutched his tummy. “You should’ve seen your faces guys! HAHAHA! Playing James Bond and yeah…it…suits…you…all…Puahahaha!”

 

“Xiumin, this is not the time to fool around! We’re on a mission, remember?” Agent 5 reminded Xiumin and gave him a disappointed look.

 

“I know Chen but I can’t resist these delicious smelling buns, can I? and wait…It’s hyung for you!” Xiumin retorted while still holding the buns.

 

“Stop it Agent 4 and 6.” Agent 2 interrupted. He then turns his concentration to Agent 6. “We’ve wasted our time just for this? Huh Agent 6? Can you at least not eat during our mission?”

 

“Ey ey Lay, where’s the respect now? I’m your hyung too!” Xiumin argued.

 

“More like gege(Older Brother) for us.” Agent 4 added.

 

“Luhan…you’re not excluded from it either.” Xiumin squinted his eyes and glared at Luhan, which in return, rolled his eyes and “Ha-ha! Funny gege Xiumin. We’re not in Korea and you being full Korean doesn’t mean we could always call you hyung. We prefer gege though.”

 

A fast figure ran across them until it reached outside. They only got seconds to realize that it was Agent 3 and they almost forgot about Agent 1’s command. They kept silent, glanced at each other before dashing out of the place too. Successfully leaving it like no one came and inspected it.

 

“I bet that even in a million years, we can’t beat Tao in running like that!” Luhan likely exhaled the words while running with the other Agents.

 

“So much adrenaline rushing into his body huh?” Chen said. They nodded in response, not before adding some speed up.

 

“Can you guys slow down? I think it’s hard to breathe right now.” Xiumin complained while jogging.

 

“You’re not even running! So stop complaining.” Lay stated the obvious. The other Agents found that funny and laughed. Xiumin pouted and forcedly added some speed too.

 

“Say…Leader Kris already knew that it wasn’t an intruder but Xiumin himself from the beginning. Right?” Chen asked.

 

“Most definitely. But I’m still curious on why he command us to go back in the airport. This isn’t the original plan.” Luhan said.

 

“He’s never been wrong about his instincts and well, let’s just say because he’s Kris Wu. He always got something in mind and GREAT plan indeed.” Lay clarified. Hearing this, the members smiled contentedly.

 

 

Well.

 

Those are the Agents—as well as myself—on the mission. Don’t get any wrong ideas. They’re actually not like that. Probably because they considered this assignment some low-profiled case which can easily be done just by protecting the assigned client.

 

Still, they don’t get it. This is one of the most important cases that I’ve been waiting for. From my childhood life, I’m trained to serve and protect. But then, I promised myself to devote my wills if they’ll ask for my help because I owed Mr. Liu almost half of my life.

 

~Flashback~

 

“Where’s the boy?” Mr. Liu asked the policeman as he entered the house of his fellow close colleague.

 

“He’s upstairs. Doesn’t want to talk and vulnerable. I can’t convince him to get out from there. I don’t even use force action towards child.” The policeman answered sincerely.

 

"I understand. Thank you.”

 

They both semi-bowed to each other before the police left the living room and rushed to his companions and discussed about the situation. Mr. Liu made his way upstairs and found the room of the newly orphan. He knocked first before opening it to his bare eyes.

 

Seeing the curled-into-a-ball position of the boy, he slowly approached him and squatted. The boy’s continuous sobs made the atmosphere even gloomier. It pierced the heart of the rich man in progress. He patted the boy’s head to get his attention. Luckily, the boy didn’t pry Mr. Liu’s hands away.

 

“Young boy, I’m Mr. Liu. Your father is my closest loyal friend in this world. I can’t even believe when I heard the news.” He observed the young boy with no reaction and decided to continue.

 

“But I do kind of angry with him. Know why? Because he didn’t even tell me that he has a son. He just bluntly told me about him being married and all and yet…he really seems to have trust issues. How come he even doubted me? Of all people.” Mr. Liu chuckled at his own statement.

 

The boy seems uninterested. He continued to cry and hide his face between his knees. Mr. Liu pitied the sight in front of him, caressing the boy’s head. In that very moment, he decided to take the child and will vow to make this option a non-regrettable decision in future references.

 

“How will you find it if I want you to come with me? I’m sure your parents would gladly like it.”

 

“I…want…them…back…” The boy choked the words between his sobs. He slightly raised his head to see the said man.

 

“Trust me child I want that too but sometimes, we just need to accept the fact that they’re already gone. There is always a reason behind every untold story.” He consoled.

 

“It’s…not an accident…I believe it…it isn’t near it…They said it was an accident.” The pleading eyes of the young orphan made Mr. Liu felt even a worse observer. Only within that seconds, Mr. Liu had become fully aware of the gifted child.

 

“I see. Ignorance is such a shame. How could I even not make an action to this?” He nearly spoke to himself. Mr. Liu abruptly stood up which startled the child while thinking deeply.

 

“I believe in you. Let’s prevail the justice in this world. Are you willing to join in?” Mr. Liu sincerely asked the young boy and offered his hand. The boy looked at him as if he’s questioning his existence before his eyes went to the hand in the midst of the air.

 

Slowly reaching for the said hand, the boy’s mood immediately changed into some slight enthusiasm before he gladly accepted Mr. Liu’s offer. He was beyond delighted that this man believed in him. That’s all he need. The policemen never listen to his plea that the accident was purely plan for his parents to be killed.

 

They, referring to the unknown criminals, settled everything in control and wisely planned so that the incident wil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter