You're a Kidnapper

Something Like This

 

.
 
 
 
An hour after arriving to Kris' place Tao locked himself up in the bathroom (and a very lavish one at that).
 
"Are you okay in there?" Kris knocked on the door.
 
"LEAVE ME ALONE!" Tao shouted back.
 
 
 
One hour later, where Tao had left the bathroom but then locked himself in a closet (the fancy walk-in kind).
 
"Are you just gonna stay in there forever?" Kris tried to open the door with a spare key, but found the door was blocked from the inside. "How did you drag a drawer over here?"
 
"GO AWAY!" Tao hollered.
 
 
 
Another two hours passed, where Tao had left the closet but this time locked himself in a room which he found was where all his stuff had been moved to.
 
"This is ridiculous. Can you come out, so we can talk properly?" There was irritation developing in Kris' voice.
 
"KIDNAPPER!" Tao yelled back.
 
"Kidnapper?" Kris furrowed his brows.
 
"You're a kidnapper!" Tao was insistent about this.
 
Kris facepalmed. "How am I a kidnapper?"
 
"You dragged me out of my home without my consent and trapped me in your home, place, mansion, or whatever," Tao retorted, but sounded more like a noisy whiny kid.
 
"First of all..." Kris thought for a second, "...um, let's skip the first part. Second, you're not trapped. You can come and go anytime you please. And you're the one who kept locking yourself in the rooms once you got here. Oh, and this is a townhouse." He had to add the last part to clear things up.
 
The door finally opened, although Tao was sending deathly glares at Kris' direction as he headed towards the stairs.
 
That's when Kris noticed Tao had a backpack on, and grabbed the younger by the wrist. "Wait, where you going?"
 
"Let go." Tao shook off Kris' hand. "You said I can go anytime I please, so I'm leaving."
 
Kris had to think fast as he chased after Tao down the stairs. "How about your stuff? And aren't you hungry? I had my personal chef make us dinner."
 
"Come." Kris was about to grab Tao's hand, but the host boy sent him another stinging glare, so he just showed the other to the dining table decorated with five traditional Chinese dishes. "Doesn't it look and smell delicious?"
 
Tao sniffed, unconsciously rubbing his stomach. "You got a personal chef to cook for you?" He snorted. "Why am I not surprised. Where is he? Don't you need your wine to be poured too?" he added sarcastically.
 
"For your information I can pour my own wine, but I decided to go with filtered water instead today," Kris replied, to play with their sarcasm game. "Anyway, he already left while you were still pouting in the bedroom."
 
"I was not pouting," Tao said, jutting out his lower lip, wrinkled his brow, and crossed his arms over his chest.
 
Kris chuckled. "You're pouting now." He pulled out a chair for Tao then walked around the dining table to sit in his own seat. "Come on, start eating or it'll get cold."
 
"I'm not hun-" Tao was interrupted by his own growling stomach. Embarrassed, but still sat down. He picked up a pair of chopsticks and cautiously plucked a piece beef from a dish closest to him.
 
"So how is it?" Kris asked.
 
Tao had to admit it. "It's good..." He got another piece. "Very good."
 
"Here, try this," Kris picked up a piece of shrimp and put it in Tao's rice bowl. "And this too, and this..." Basically he put a little of everything into the other's bowl.
 
Tao eventually had to stop this. "I can help myself. Thanks." And began digging in the overflowing bowl for some rice at the very bottom.
 
"What do you usually like to eat?" Kris asked. "I can tell my personal chef to make it for you. "
 
Tao peered at the man in front of him, who called himself Kris. It felt weird. Where was that arrogant jerk he meet from the last couple of days. Who is this guy? And why is he being nice to him now?
 
Tao was perplexed. "I like almost anything." He gobbled up some more food. "But I'm not staying here."
 
"Why?" Kris wanted to know.
 
Well, this free meal had to end somewhere. Tao blamed this on his stupid stomach that had to growl. He placed down the rice bowl and chopsticks, then took a moment to breathe. 
 
"Because... I don't know you. You took away my home. You practically kidnapped me. And before all that you tricked me and embarrassed me in front of all those rich people at that party, and, and...." Tao started thinking about the other things Kris had done to him, and flushed, "...you just creep me out." Not the last words he was thinking, but close enough.
 
Silence filled the air between them until Kris decided to waver it.
 
"I've never gone after someone I like before," Kris said with a gentler tone, instead of his usual distinctive deep voice. "It's always the other way around. And you're a guy so I thought I tried the aggressive approach. Which apparently doesn't work since you think I'm crazy and creepy."
 
Tao's eyes went wide. "Wait a minute. You said you like me? Why? How? Since when?" He was confused. What else was new?
 
Kris took a deep breath and exhaled. "Well, I guess I might as well tell you now..."
 
 
 
It was about six months ago, on a Sunday. Kris was going on a drive. Because of car troubles he stopped in a small seaside town, where he found a boardwalk next to a beach, which was where he first saw Tao. 
 
A boy with dark, dark black hair, earphones on, black leather jacket, large leopard print backpack, grey skinny jeans, and red sneakers walking along the shore. The boy didn't fit into the scenery at all. But that was probably why Kris couldn't stop looking at him. Watching the boy sing, dance, spin around and around until he lost balance and fell to the sand and just laid there looking up at the sky. 
 
Kris found this boy very interesting, so interesting that he went back to that beach week after week to watch him. It became something he looked forward to on Sundays until he stopped seeing the boy. Weeks and months passed by like the boy was all just a dream. 
 
That was until one night on the busy city streets of Gangnam someone ran passed him that looked just like the boy from the beach, then another night, then another. This boy always went into the same place, a host bar, called Black Panther. Of all the places Kris went into a host bar to find the boy. Skeptical, but there he was, and he found out the boy from the beach was named, Huang ZiTao..."
 
"... We finally got to meet face to face, and at that moment I realized I had to have you," Kris finished with his story. Of course there was more (that was just the short version), but he can save it for next time. 
 
Now though, the way he was looking at Tao is scaring the host boy. Kris was actually giving off a look of sincere longing, but that's exactly what's scaring the younger boy.
 
"Ooo...kay?" Tao paused awkwardly. "I'm going back to the room now," he said. Without a minute to spare he ran up the stairs and shut the door behind him before leaning against it. He was out of breath with a hand on chest over his heart, which was beating so fast he didn't know what to do with it.
 
 
 
(Warning: Tao's broken Korean)
 
"Baekhyun-hyung, can I stay yur home?" Tao asked the older boy, who was sitting down to tie shoelaces.
 
"Did something happened to your place?" Baekhyun asked curiously.
 
"I get kick out and kidnap," Tao said, (almost) without thinking.
 
"What!?" Suddenly Kai and Sehun burst into the breakroom with perky ears.
 
"Umm..." Tao went on to explain what had happened, from the eviction notice, to the movers (AKA the kidnappers hired by Kris Wu), tidbit about the personal chef, Kris' confession, and how he's living with that man now (involuntarily).
 
"Sounds like a romantic comedy," Kai chimed in.
 
"He sounds like a stalker, but...." Baekhyun couldn't seem to find the words after that.
 
"He sounds like a lovesick psychopathic stalker to me," Sehun said with a solemn face (which was his normal face).
 
"He scary too, me," Tao said after hearing the others' responses.
 
"Seriously, the guy is in love with you. Give him a chance," Kai told Tao. "Hey, do you live there free though."
 
"Yes, he say payback, since I no take the money before from him," Tao explained.
 
Sehun shook his head, disagreeing. "Move out Tao. He might go crazy and decide to kill you in your sleep, or bury you alive."
 
Kai gave Sehun a look, and smirked. "Sounds like you had experience."
 
"Of course not!" Sehun raised his voice. "Shut up!"
 
Kai came really close to Sehun so they're face to face then tilting his head from side to side to annoy the other. "Make me shut up."
 
Sehun response is by smacking (with slapping and pinching) Kai's arm repeatedly (rather childish if anyone saw this). Kai started laughing, while starting to feel some pain at the same time.
 
Ignoring the two maknaes, Baekhyun continued on, "Tao-tao, I know you're stuck in a... weird situation right now, and I really want to help. But I'm staying with someone now too, and I don't know if he'll let me invite other guests."
 
Then he smacked both Kai and Sehun on the back-side of their heads to stop them from "playing".
 
Sehun rubbing the back of his head. "Sorry, Tao. I just had someone move in and my place is already small as it is."
 
"And I'm the one that moved in with him." Kai randomly made two V-signs with his fingers.
 
"Shut up!" Sehun punched Kai on the shoulder. "You're not suppose to tell," he grumbled.
 
Baekhyun corked a curious eyebrow up at the young pair, and smirked. "When did you two started living together?"
 
Tao blinked, and tilted his head to the side. "You two some ting on?"
 
"It was one and a half months ago," Kai answered, and smiled cutely (or greasily).
 
Sehun frowned. "He moved in two months and one week ago. But it's not what you guys think. He's just a tenant. This idiot," he side-eyed Kai, "flooded his own apartment during laundry. I'm just being a good person. It's like doing charity. I repeat. Nothing is going on between us." He wanted to make things very clear.
 
"It could be something." Kai wrapped his arm over Sehun's shoulders, and caressed the side of the latter's cheek.
 
"Stop touching me." Sehun shoved him away.
 
"Make me." Kai pounced at Sehun, while puckering up his lips for a kiss or something.
 
While this was going on Baekhyun and Tao went back to primping themselves before the patrons start filing into Black Panther for the night.
 
 
 
At 1AM Tao finished his shift (he began at 5PM). Tired and slightly dizzy from the alcohol that's in his system from entertaining a patron that liked playing drinking games. Good thing the lady kept loosing so Tao didn't drink too much. At least it wasn't one of those unlucky nights when he gets face drunk to make his patrons happy, along with being d and unpleasantly seduced. 
 
Tao took a couple steps on to the sidewalk only to trip over his own foot and blindly landed himself into a warm solid chest, broad shoulders and steady arms.
 
"You okay?" said a man's voice, a familiar one too.
 
Tao looked up, surprised, to see that man was Kris. "W-what are you doing here?"
 
"I'm here to pick you up so we can go home together." A small gentle smile appeared on Kris' face.
 
Tao inwardly gasped before he realized Kris was still holding him, so quickly wiggled away. "I have somewhere else to go."
 
"Where? I'll drive you." Kris got out his car keys and pressed a button that made the car behind him sound off.
 
Tao didn't even noticed Kris' white Lamborghini was right there till now. "You don't have to," he said, waving his hand.
 
"I want to. Where?" Kris insisted.
 
"Ehh..." Tao tried to think of somewhere, but the alcohol must be slowing his brain cells.
 
"Is it the same place you snuck out to early this morning and stayed at all day to avoid me?" Kris asked.
 
"I didn't stay there all day," Tao blurted out.
 
"I know. You had to go to work afterwards. But you really were avoiding me, huh?" 
 
That was confirmed by the silence of Tao. So to proceed, in seconds Kris opened the passenger’s car door, went and grabbed Tao by the arm and threw him over his shoulder like a sack of rice. "Ummff, you're heavy."
 
"Hey! What are you doing? Put me down!" Tao tried to protest, but Kris already had him chucked in the passenger’s seat and buckled up.
 
"Be a good boy and let me drive us home," Kris whispered in Tao's ear, which began to redden to the tip and heat up.
 
The host boy was too tired, and still slightly dizzy. Plus the inside of the car is way warmer than the winter chill outside. So Tao gave up, leaned back in the passenger seat, and rested his eyes (and head) as Kris drove them home.
 
 
 
 
 
_______________________________________________
Author's Note
The long awaited update is finally here. Hope you all will look forward to the coming chapters, where Kris continues to try to "woo" Tao. Of course in his possessive ways. With later surprise guests and mishaps.
 
Question to readers: Who do you want to play Kris' personal chef?
 
 
 
 
 
Also, I've started a LayHan Collective Series [ HERE ] if anyone's interested.
 
 
 
 
 
.