Mum Knows Best-NOT 3

Something Like This
Earlier, on the other side of the city Kris was going to meet with a possible business partner. But at last minute they called to reschedule. Kris really didn't mind much since that meant he could take a day off and maybe make some plans with Tao.
 
Unfortunately, that plan was scratched when he suddenly got a call from his mother.  Much to his better judgement he met with her at their own hotel's (Imperial Hotel) terrace for a lunch-afternoon-tea thing. He should have thought something was up when she starting pouring the tea when she always waited for the waiters do it. She even ask how Tao was doing. Now that was fishy.
 
"Okay, Mother. What do you want?" Kris wasn't gonna play along.
 
"Whatever do you mean my dear?" She said, being all sweet and fake smiles.
 
So kris returned with, "whatever you want just say it now or I'm leaving." He was already getting up.
 
And so she dropped her tea cup with a clunk, along with the crumpet between her lacy gloved fingers and her act. "Fine!" she huffed, adjusting herself in her seat with a knit between her brows. "You remember Mr. Lee Soo Man?
 
"You mean one of the biggest real estate tycoons in Seoul with stockholding worth millions over. Rumored to be expanding to Japan and China. And has shares in Imperial Hotel. Sure, who doesn't. What about him?" Kris says it all with the most unimpressed face.
 
His mother sighs, trying to ignore Kris' behavior. "Do you remember his daughter HyeMi?"
 
"Yes. And don't even think about it," Kris said, since he already knows where this is going.
 
"But you two got along so well the last time," his mother tried.
 
"The last time you guys forced me to be her dance partner at that charity ball. And she clung to me like an octopus for the rest of the night," Kris recalled that night, unpleasantly.
 
His mother frowned. "That's rude. She really liked you."
 
"Seriously, I had marks on my arms at the end of the night to prove it. It's like she had suction cups." Kris isn't even trying to be funny, sorta.
 
His mother frimly tapped the table top. "Stop it. Just listen. Recently, HyeMi just finished university in New York and wants to get into fashion and marketing like you. So I told his father you two should meet up and have a chat."
 
"I know what you're doing and I say no. And besides I told you and everyone else already, I've got Tao. We're engaged and we're happy. So I don't want to waste my time with anyone else you try to set me up with." Kris getting a bit agitated by now.
 
"Kris, do you know you sound like a child right now?" His mother looked at him sternly. "This is Lee Soo Man's daughter we're talking about. He is one of our biggest shareholders of our corporation. And if you make his daughter unhappy you'll be making him unhappy. Do you get it? And just because you don't want to take part in the family business doesn't mean your out of the family. So whatever you're doing out there and whoever you're with still effects our family's name and company."
 
Kris' eye twitch slightly but tried to stay calm. "In other words, you don't approve of Tao and me together," he said, which he already knew but he puts it out there like a confirmation in question.
 
His mother laughed humorlessly. "Of course not. Besides his gender, this boy Tao isn't a fit for you. For a fact, I know what kind of host he really is. And back in China his family only runs a small diner that's barely standing. I really don't see what kind of future you may have with him."
 
Kris couldn't believe his mother. "You checked on Tao!?" he almost yelled.
 
"I had to," she said, taking a sip of her tea. "Anyway, lets not talk about this right now, HyeMi will be here soon. Please, don't disappoint her."
 
As much as Kris wanted to storm out of there another storm just arrived.
 
"KRIS-OPPA!" HyeMi ran to Kris wrapping her arms around him in a way that locked Kris' arms to his sides so he couldn't push her away.
 
Kris turned his head away, trying to lean back as much as he could while the girl nuzzled into his chest. All the while he rolled his eyes and glared at his Mother standing on the side with one of her annoying faking happy smiles.
 
And that was how Kris begrudgedly spent his afternoon with a princess clung to his arm with his -face on all day long. She was pretty as she was annoying with her high-pitched whiny voice. Her excessive ageyo made Kris want to puke. 
 
There was no real talk about the business of fashion and marketing unless being dragged around Myeongdong (expensive shopping district in Seoul) by HyeMi's death grip on his arm counted. Finally, Kris pretty much had it with the girl when they got to a jewelry store and started looking in the rings section. The lady behind the counter had the nerve to ask if they wanted to try anything. Kris was just about to send over some death glares when his phone rang. It didn't matter who it was he just picked up his phone, instantly faked a bad repection, walked out of the jewelry store and made his escape.
 
 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Author's Note
Of course, Kris' mother wasn't gonna let TaoRis happen. HyeMi is suppose to play just a small part but who knows... The last part of this chapter comes tomorrow, hopefully - since I'm still writing it, with some TaoRis action so please come back.
 
 
 
 
 
.