Hello, Family! 1

Something Like This

.

 

Tao was jittery as a ladybug, standing in front of his family's restraunt, befittingly named, "Huang's Seaside Kitchen".

Tao wasn't moving at all and Kris sensed something was wrong. "Is something wrong?" he asked the other.

"N-no." Tao's stutter betrayed him. "I gottah go." He tried to make a run for it, not sure where, but Kris caught him by the arm.

"Tao, what's going on? Didn't you want to see your family?" Kris was confused.

"I do. I miss them so much. But..." Tao eyes were downcasted. "I just can't face them right now, yet."

"Why? Did something happen?" Kris wanted to know.

Tao bit his bottom lip, unsure if he should tell Kris.

"Tao? Is that you?"

Tao heard his name and reflex.

"Ah-ge, it's really you!" a boy maybe a few years younger than Tao jumped and hugged Tao. ("Ah-ge" means big brother, said in a more casual way with familiarity.)

"Ah-Ren?" Tao pulled away to see the boy clearly. "Is it really you? What happen to my ke-ai squishy xiao-didi?" Pinching the other's cheek, where there's still some baby fat. ("ke-ai" means cute and "xiao-didi" means small little brother)

"You're cute squishy little brother is on his way to becoming a shuai young man?" Ren does the James Bond pose, with his thumb and index finger held under his chin. ("shuai" means handsome)

Tao laughed. "Since when?"

"Since I joined the track team at school."

"My book worm of a brother joined the track team?"

"Girls like boys in sports."

"True." Tao nodded, understandingly. "Hey, speaking of school aren't you suppose to be in school right now somewhere up in the moutains?" (FYI: Ren goes to an elite school up in the mountains and woodsy area)

"I got summer break, so I came back just a couple days ago? But, how about you, aren't you suppose to be in Korea performing in some concert hall."

Tao was caught by surprise in the comeback and was rendered wide-eyed and speechless.

Suddenly there was a cough and finger poking his back. It was Kris, of course, thought he was a bit quiet there. "Aren't you going to introduce me?"

"Right, um, sure..." Tao was shaking himself out of a daze. "Ren this is Kris. Kris this is Ren my little brother," he said, pointing between the two.

"Hi Kris." Ren waving at Kris. "Are you my brother's manager. You look too good looking for one though. Or are you a stylist? Wait, do you only speak Korean? Annyeonghaseyo?"

"Annyeonghaseyo," Kris said, waving back with a toothy grin. "Actually, I'm Chinese but I speak Korean too. And I'm not Tao's manager or stylist." Kris found those choices odd, but he was just going with his usual answer these day. "I'm his boyfriend." Oh, that's a new one.

"What!? No, no he's not." Tao was waving his arms vigoursly forming an "X", shaking his head.

"Actually, I'm your brother's fiance," Kris said wrapping an arm arround Tao's waist and pulling him in close with a big stupid smirk. Of course it was all to make Tao nervous and uncomfortable. "We're engaged."

Tao wiggled out of the other's arms. "That's a total lie! Don't believe him Ren. We're just friends, I think."

Kris fake pouts. "How could you say that, babe? It hurts." He patted his chest, where his heart was.

Tao elbowed the other in the chest and grumbled, "stop it!"

All the while Ren had his mouth hung open with "WTF" written all over his face as he watched the two in front of him bicker.

"I'm just kidding." Kris finally told Ren. "But your brother and I have gotten quite close since he moved in with me."

"I don't get it." Ren knited his brow. "So are you two really friends or 'something'?"

Tao went off to the side to bang his head against a light pole, when a very loud "VROOMM!" (aka motorcyle sound) came by.

"Is that my Baobei Tao-Tao?" said a motorcycle babe running over to hug Tao to pieces. ( "Bao-bei" means baby)
 

"Mama!" Tears already forming in Tao's eyes.

Ren rolled his eyes, pouting with puffed out cheeks. "She wasn't like this when I came home three days ago."

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Author's Note
It's gonna be like the last time where one chapter is separated into 4 parts, so come back tomorrow for the continuation. And yes, that's Ren from Nu'est. I know he's not Chinese but he really does look like the more feminine-looking version of Tao.
Oh, and regarding the last poll, thanks everyone for voting. I'm quite surprise so many liked y time in the bathtub XD~ but yea, I really did liked that part too
^.^

 

 

.