Boy Toy

Something Like This

.

 

Tao found himself awake in Kris' bed blissfully smiling for no reason. The only thing missing was Kris. But there was a note from Kris. And it read:

"Hey Peaches. Sorry, have to work today T_T Promise I'll have a nice surprise for you when I come home. Kris." 

(taozi means peach = Tao = Peaches)

Tao can't help but gush and giggle at the note, rolling about on the bed until he accidently rolled off it in all his glee. Still smiling like a fool.

 

He later went downstairs and found plates of delicious foods laid out on the dining table and was greeted by the chef himself, Zhang Yixing, Kris' BFF, as introduced before. 

Tao started to wonder. Now, don't get him wrong, Tao was happy to get professionally homecooked meals like this and Yixing seems nice. But is it just him or is this guy around a whole lot. Doesn't he have other things to do? Like before didn't he say he was opening his own restaraunt soon. Shouldn't he be checking on something like that, instead of being here?

"So how was the  yacht?" Yixing asked out of no where.

"The yacht?" Tao blank out for a second before it hit him with the images of the yacht and the beach and he began to blush. 

"He told you everything!?" He freaked a little.

The chef raised a brow. "Well he did told me to cook something special for that day but that's it. Was there something else I should know?"

"No, no." Tao was relieved, managing an akward laugh.

"Have you been on Kris' yacht before?" he asked conversationally, as he picked on some food for sampling.

"Yea, once," said the other. "But I got seasick so we had to turn back."

"Oh." Tao suddenly felt a ting of jealousy. So he wasn't the only one who has been on Kris' yacht. It doesn't mean anything, right?

"So I heard you were opening a restaraunt." He tried to change the subject. "How's that going?"

Yixing was touching the back his neck, adverting his eyes at the question. "It's still in the talking stages and the restaraunt isn't completely mines actually."

He didn't seem up to continuing so Tao didn't push it and moved to the living room to turn on the TV for some distraction. The screen automatically flipped to an entertainment news show, talking about celebrities.

"Today we were surprised to find one of Asia's biggest superstar and voted Asia's most handsome man two years in a row, LuHan, at Incheon's International Airport. From what we heard he currently has no promotions going on. It appeared he arrived alone so this is possibly a personal trip. Unfortunately, we were unable to get a word from the star himself or his management to confirm anything."

The entertainment news reporter was moving on to other celebrities' news when a loud noise came from the open kitchen. Sounding very much like fallen plates.

Tao turned his attention over to the kitchen where Yixing was frantically trying to pick up pieces of the broken plates. "You okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine. Tell Kris I'll get him a new set of plates." Yixing was looking strangely unsettled.

As if on cue, the door bell went off, which made them both jump.

"I'll get it." Tao lowered the volume on the TV and got to the entry way to check the intercom. 

He was momentarily taken a back when LuHan's face appeared on the monitor screen. Yes, the same LuHan that was just on TV a few minutes ago. Tao wasn't sure if this was for real until he heard a 'hello?' from the other. 

Tao cautiously, pressed the talk button. "Hi.  I, um, mean hello? Can I help you?"

"I'm looking for Zhang Yixing."

Tao turned his head and the chef, who was still in the kitchen and crossing his arms to make a big X before ducking down behind the kitchen island. Tao found that strange.

So he shrugged, pressing the talk button again. "Sorry, but I think you got the wrong place. I guess?"

Luhan huffed, frowning in the monitor. "Does a Kris Wu live here?"

Tao morphed into an I'm-guilty-face with a tilt of his head as he spoke into the intercom. "Yes, but..."

"Ah-ha!" Luhan's face came very close to the screen monitor with an accusing finger. "Then I got the right place, because I'm sure Zhang Yixing is in there. And if you don't let me in I'll get someone to open the door for me. Either way I'm getting in or I'm not leaving."

It must be because of the fisheye cam because on the screen Luhan looked more like a grumpy little woodland creature with those big doe-eyes and pouty lips then anything near threatening. But Tao falls for it anyway. 

"Umm... okay," he said and opened the door for Asia's superstar without a choice.

Luhan immediatley started scanning the place. "Ah-ha! I found you." And he's fast. Dragging Yixing by the wrist out of his hiding spot, behind the kitchen island. "You're coming with me."

"No! Let go!" Yixing shook out of the other's grip.

"No, you're the one who has to let go. He's never gonna notice you. And he never did. Can't you get that through your thick skull? Just move on and come back with me." Luhan tried grabbing at the other again.

Yixing backed away. "It's not like that. How many times do I have to tell you? Kris and I, we're just friends. Like you and me."

Tao was sitting on the living room couch like he's watching a TV drama. Like seriously, what is going on?

Luhan continued. "I don't want to be just your friend. I told you already before."

"And I told you..." Yixing faultered. "I don't think of you that way."

"Okay. Then at least stop thinking about him. And start thinking about yourself and what more you can have. You're an amazing chef and your talent is wasted here cooking meals for him and babysitting his boy toy." Luhan glared at Tao, who was feeling very uncomfortable now, sinking down in the couch to lessen his visibilty. 

"At least with me I can help you own your own restaurant. I can help you make a name for yourself. You'll finally get the recognition you deserve. And most of all I'll be there to support you all the way. Because I care about you. And I want to be beside you like you had been for me back then."

Luhan moved towards the other, reaching out his hand to Yixing, who again backed away.

"Luhan, I need some time."

There was a pause of silence before Luhan said, "NO," grabbing Yixing very firmly by the arm and dragging the other away.

 

Once the two had left the scene Tao was left alone to digest everything that just happend.

He just met Luhan, China's biggest superstar. Who didn't seem too pleasant.

Luhan knows Yixing. And Kris too apparently.

Luhan likes Yixing. But Yixing likes Kris. But how about Kris? Does he even know? Or he does and he and Yixing had actually been.... Nevermind, Tao doesn't even wanna go there.

And Luhan called him a "boy toy". Tao hissed at the word.

 

He first heard about "boy toys" when he started working at Black Panther. The richer, elder women sometimes would bring handsome young men along with them when they came to the club. While she's entertained by the hosts, the younger male, the boy toy would sit beside her, pour her drinks, laugh when needed, speak when needed, give her hugs and kisses as she requests. He was suppose to follow and do whatever she said obediently. Basically, he was her pet.

Tao once saw one of them a fallen piece of cake off a woman's feet. It was disgusting. Tao later found out that person use to be a host at Black Panther. In fact, many host boys turn into boy toys. Why? For the money. A lot of money.

Tao promised himself he'll never become one of them. He didn't want to be a host either, but because he needed the money, he had to. Still, no way was he going to be a boy toy (which he'd been offered before). He had to keep his self respect and pride, otherwise what else did he have left?

Tao was not a boy toy, and he couldn't believe Luhan would call him one. And Kris doesn't think of him as one either... right?

 

Suddenly, a phone rang. It was Kris' home phone. It was the first time Tao ever heard it rang. Before he just sorta thought it was just an ornament, styled like an old fashion rotary phone (in white, of course).

Tao looked at it hesitantly, ringing for the third time before he picked it up.

"Hello?" he said into the receiver.

"Is Yifan there?" the person asked from the other line in mandarin and a woman's voice.

"No, he's at work right now. Do you want to leave a message?"

"No. I'm actually looking for you. Tao, correct?"

"Yes?" Tao was a little nevous.

"I'm Yifan's mother. I need to speak to you. Meet me at the Imperial Hotel's cafe terrence. My chauffeur is coming to pick you up now."

"Okay... What? Wait!"

Before Tao could comprehend the situation he was hung up.

 

 

_______________________________________________________
Author's Note
Sorry for the long wait for an update. I've been falling in and out of interest for this story lately, which is why it'll be ending soon. Probably in the next 2 to 3 chapters. So then I can continue on with my new Taoris story [ Alternate ]. It's about Zitao from a paralle universe from our trading places with our EXO's Tao and how he deal. If interested, please check it out [ here ]

Since people had been asking about Luhan I gave him a small part that involved Yixing. Plus [ LayHan ] is my other OTP so that's how this chapter happened. As for Kris' mother, please stay tune to see what is her deal is in the next day or two.

 

 

.