Sugar Daddy! 3

Something Like This

.

 

It was later found out Yixing was Chinese, which explained their conversating in Mandarin. He grew up with Kris since their parents were friends since their school days. He temporarily is living in Korea, but originally from Changsha, and just came back from a trip to Beijing for a cooking competition. And now that he might be opening up his own restaurant he hasn't been cooking for Kris as much as before. Basically, Tao nodded along and "uh-huh" as Yixing was giving out his short biography while finishing up cooking and then was done and gone. He said something about an appointment.

 

 

"How's the food?" Kris asked.

"It's really good," Tao said, although he didn't really wanted to admit it for some reason.

"How about the soup?" Kris pointed at the big bowl of potatoes, carrots and beef soup.

Tao immediately recalled the scene he saw between Kris and Yixing. "I don't really care for carrots."

Kris grinned, like he knew something. "Oh? What else don't you care for?"

"I don't know," Tao answered rather coldly.

"What do you miss most back home, in Qingdao?" Kris changed the subject.

Tao hesitated for a second at the mention of his hometown. Then he murmured, "I miss dimsum."

"Oh?" Kris responsed curiously.

"I can't find any good dimsum in Korea. There's just something that's always missing," Tao explained.

"Yea. That's true." Kris agreed. "What's your favorite dimsum?"

"Um," Tao hesitating again, like he wasn't sure if it's a good idea to start revealing more about himself to Kris. But he decided to answer anyway. "I like xiao long bao."

"You mean those little dumplings with soup in them?"

"Yea. My Dad made the best xiao long bao," Tao smiled, remembering fondly of amazing little soup dumplings.

Kris thought that smile of Tao's was the sweetest thing he saw, and smiled too. "Your Dad cooks?"

"Actually he...we," Tao unconciously began telling about his family. "I mean my family runs a family restrauant back in Qingdao. It's not big but we're called one of the best in town. I remember spending summers helping out, along with my Mom and little brother. It was fun chatting with the neighbors who lived in the area. Even when school started again I would hang around there sometimes with my friends. I really miss those days. I miss my dad's xiao long bao."

Tao was tearing up.

Kris handed him a napkin, and Tao took if with a sniff.

"I'm not crying," Tao insisted, as he dabbed at his teary eyes. "I just have something in my eye. But thanks."

Kris looked gently at the other. "When's the last time you saw your family?"

"Almost 2 years," Tao said quietly, then tried to get back to eating like nothing happened. "Although, I always wondered how xiao long bao taste like in Shanghai?"

"Why Shanghai?"

"Cuz that where they're originally from, I heard. So they must have the best xiao long bao there," Tao said innocently, mouth full of rice.

'Why is he so cute?' Kris wondered inwardly, as he thought of something. "If you really want xiao long bao in Shanghai we can go there for lunch."

Tao looked up at Kris and blinked. "What do you mean?"

"We can have dimsum in Shanghai later." Kris shortened his previous words.

"Are you kidding me? Go to shanghai for dimsum? I have to go to work later," the other said without a thought.

Kris scuffed. "Now you got to be kidding. You're still going back their after what happen."

"Well..." Tao paused for a second. "I need a job. I need to make a living. I need money."

"You don't have to worried about all that anymore. You got me now. I'll take care of you from now on," Kris said confidently, looking straight at the boy.

"H-how... what?" Tao was taken a back. "NO! You can not be my Sugar Daddy!" he blurted out.

Kris suddenly burst out laughing. "I can not be your what?"

"Sugar Daddy. That's what it's called right? When a rich man takes in a younger less fortunate boy," Tao said, yet still seemed clueless about the situation.

Kris wiped a tear as he was still laughing.

"Stop laughing. What's so funny?" Tao broke out into a pout and frown combo.

"You're just too cute. But sure, you can call me your Sugar Daddy if you want." Kris grinned greasily. "By the way, how old are you?"

"18. Why?" Tao cocked an eyebrow. "How about you?"

"I'm 23. Whoa, I thought you were younger than me but I didn't think you were that young. I feel a little guilty now." Kris ruffled his own hair.

"What do you mean?" Clueless Tao was still clueless.

Kris smirked. "Like me wanting to doing things to you like the other night."

"You..." Tao began to flush, turning away from Kris' slight eyebrow wiggle. "Stop it. I don't think I'm ready for you and me to be 'something' yet."

After a moment of silence Kris nodded. "OK. Then I'll just have to continue chasing after you. It's not really what I'm use to doing but I think I'll capture your heart somehow eventually." He's decided. "Now, once you're finish eating go pack up your stuff."

After blushing a bit more Tao tilted his head to the side. "Why?"

"We're going to Shanghai later," Kris said.

Tao's eye widened. "You're serious about this?"

"Of course." Kris confirmed.

"But..." Tao was in a lost for words.

Kris headed to the kitchen sink with his emptied rice bowl and plates. "Oh, and don't think about your job anymore. I already told them you quit since me, your fiance, doesn't want you to work anymore."

"You told them what!?" Tao exclaimed, rice spitted out everywhere.

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________
Author's Note
Yay, Sugar Daddy Kris is taking Tao on a pre-honeymoon to Shanghai ~XD *just kidding?*. Please come back later tomorrow for the big surprise in the last part of "Sugar Daddy!"

 

 

.