Mum Knows Best-NOT 1

Something Like This
.
 
 
 
After returning back to Korea from Qingdao, the next morning Tao woke up rather late (which sort has become a bad habit of his as of late). He was welcomed by the smell of delicious food and a warm smile, one that was familiar yet not so familiar.
 
"Good morning!" said a cheery voice belonging to Yixing, Kris' friend and personal chef.
 
"Um... morning." Tao said, still dazed from waking up late.
 
"Actually it's more like afternoon but you know what I mean. Kris also told me you two just got back from Qingdao. Your hometown I hear. You must be tired from the trip."
 
Tao yawned involuntarily, and nodded at the same time. "Yea."
 
Yixing smiled with his dimples showing. "Well I made breakfast but I guess it's lunch now." He laughed. "It's over there on kitchen counter." Yixing tilted his head to the direction with a broom in hand, Tao just noticed. "It might be a little cold now so you can heat it up in the microwave if you like."
 
Tao scratched the back of his head. "Thank you." He smiled shyly, padding to the kitchen to check out the food and it looked quite good. He took a piece in his mouth and it really was, even though it was cold now. 
 
Looking back at Yixing, Tao watched the other wiping the coffee table with a tablecloth in hand while still wearing a kitchen apron. Was this part of his job? Tao wondered.
 
So he asked, "You clean too?"
 
Yixing looked back at Tao for a moment and blinked a fews times "Oh! No." He smiled, those dimples showing again, he shoke his head. "It's a chef's habit I guess. But it's no big deal. I'm use to cleaning up when me and Kris lived together."
 
Tao wasn't expecting to hear that. "You two use to live together?"
 
"Yup, back in college, which doesn't feel too long ago," Yixing said. "Somehow we got the same dorm on campus. But we lived there not too long before Kris' prince sickness started acting up and he began complaining about this and that. So he got an apartment off campus and asked me if I wanted to move in with him. And that was sort of when I began doing the cooking and cleaning for the both of us. It was for like a year an a half though, before I realized my calling to be a chef and moved out to go to a culinary academy."
 
"I see," Tao said, nodding as he listened. "So you must know a lot about him... about Kris." He said unconsciously, taking another piece of cold food in his mouth.
 
"Well, I knew the guy from way back 'cuz of our parents, but we didn't hung out much before we went to the same college."
 
"Um, how was he before?" Tao tried to ask casually, although wondering why he's even interested.
 
"He was like that snobby rich kid in high school who hung out with all the other snobby rich kids in high school. I mean he wasn't so bad when it's just me and him but when he was with his friends it was a different story. But around the end of high school I'm not sure what happened but he stopped hanging out with those other rich kids and got sort of better."
 
"And then?" Tao was curious if there was more.
 
"And then we found out we were going to the same college and started living together and I realized he wasn't as cool and mysterious as he always tries to be around other people." Yixing laughed. "In fact, he's quite dorky and dumb."
 
"Really?" Tao wasn't sure about this.
 
"Like he does this weird thing with his face when he thinks you're not watching," Yixng began.
 
Tao tilted his head in thought. "I haven't seen that before."
 
Yixing grinned. "Maybe he still wants to keep that cool facade around you." He suddenly wiggled his finger like he just remembered something. "Oh, and did you know he's afraid of ballons popping. He has like the most hilarious reaction. Sort of like a flailing angry bird in distress."
 
Tao laughed along as Yixing continued exposing Kris' episodes of dorkiness as he enjoyed the delicious food the other prepared (which he did heat up eventually).
 
 
 
After talking to Yixing for a while Tao realized he was actually a pretty nice guy. And he cooks delicious food for him to eat, which is a plus. And through him, he got to know more about Kris. Because honestly, even though he and Kris are technically living together now he knew practically nothing about the older man. This part made him envious of Yixing just a little bit, but don't tell anyone that. And he wished he had dimples like Yixing's too. That sounds weird, so don't tell anyone that either.
 
 
 
 
 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Author's Note
After 2 and half months I've finally updated. *sighs* I could have posted this up earlier but stuffs happened which involved losing my USB, redoing my projects for work and rewriting this chapter from memory all over again. And with some writers block in between which I'll go over later... Please come back tomorrow for the continuation of this chapter 'cuz this is just part one of it.
 
 
 
 
 
.