Love Boat 3

Something Like This

.

 

"I actually bought this yacht for my grandpa for his birthday not too long ago. But he said he didn't want it," Kris said, solemnly. "I guess it made sense. He was never the type that was into luxuries, unlike his daughter."

There was one summer break, while Kris was still in high school, where his mother was driving him crazy because he was getting in trouble in school (academically and socially). So he went back to Guangzhou to stay with his grandpa and grandma, who were ironically his mother's parents. But he liked them better then her. 

Kris' grandparents lived on the countryside in an estate of farmland. It was different there. It was peaceful. It was nice. So, even though his mother had offered to buy them a villa in the city after she got married Kris' grandpa insisted they stayed in their old home because that's where their family had lived for generations. So his mother settled on building a new house for them instead and hiring more help to maintain their estate.

During that summer, one day his grandpa woke him up before the sun even came up. And he said, "let's go fishing." It was way too early but Kris went along anyway.

That day they caught three fishes just about the size of their hands. But the fishing wasn't the biggest part of that day because for once in a very long time Kris got to sit down and just talk to someone and have someone to just listen for a change. Just really listen to what he had to say. And he learned somethings too about life (and stuff).

He'll never forget that day and the two days after that, where they paddled out on an old boat in the middle of that lake and just fish, talk and shared simple boxed lunches his grandma made for them. Before Kris had to get back home (due to his mother's orders) there was a promise that they'll go fishing again.

"Unfortunately, there hasn't been a chance for that to happen so I bought him this yacht for his birthday last year, which he didn't accept. Too expensive he said." Kris quieted after that.

Hearing this different side of Kris, Tao was speechless. He wasn't really sure how to respond actually. So he simply said the first thing that came to his head.

"Maybe we can going fishing one day with our grandpa on a regular boat with paddles like you did before," Tao said, but once he realized what he said it was too late.

Kris looked at him for a moment (meaningful-like) and then smiled. "I think he'd like that. I think he'll like you too."

Then he got up abruptly. "Hey wanna go for a swim?" Kris said, quickly processing to taking off his shirt and pants, which thankfully had swimming trunks underneath.

Tao was momentarily shocked from Kris' mini strip show. "B-bu-but," he stuttered, "I didn't bring any swimming trunks.

"I brought an extra just in case."

 

Tao changed into Kris' spare swimming trunks but kept this shirt on 'cuz he's still not comfortable enough to have the other to see him half in public (or in the middle of the ocean alone).

Kris was already doing back in the water when Tao sat at the edge of the yacht's rear platform, hesitantly dipping his feet in the water.

The water was nice and warm from the sunny. But, looking down the water looked like a very deep blue. Even though Tao could swim he had never actually swam in this depth of water. There was also no one around and although there seem to be a shore in sight it was very far away and it looked deserted too. And who knows what's underwater. It made Tao feel uneasy.

"Hey, why aren't you coming in?" Kris swam to him. "And why do you still have your shirt on?"

Tao noticed Kris had his hair tied back in a small ponytail which he found kind of cute. "I just like dipping my feet in the water. And I want to keep my shirt on just incase there's any erted sharks swimming around."

"erted sharks you say?" Kris grinned, suggestively. "Well, what would you do if one is already in front of you?"

Kris suddenly reached out, pulling at Tao's shirt.

"Ayy, stop it." Tao tried to keep the other from trying to strip him of his shirt.

Soon tickling and more pulling insued until Tao fell into the water. With some frenzy Tao lost his shirt. Kris got his shirt and was swimming away with it. Finally with some determination Tao swam after Kris who was laughing and swinging the shirt over his head. And the chase revolved around the yacht and Tao shouting (or screaming) for his shirt back.

However, by the turn to the side of the boat Tao lost him. He couldn't see Kris anywhere. He looked around and nothing. No one. Just him all alone in the deep waters in the vast open, empty sea. His breathing became heavy and his chest clinched.

"Kris! Kris! Where are you!?" he shouted. "Kris! This isn't funny anymore! Kris! Come out! Kris!"

No answer. Tao bite down hard on his lips to kept it from quivering and tears were collecting in his eyes ready to fall. "Kris!" He cried, hugging himself in the water. "Come back, please," he whimpered. 

Suddenly he felt wet arms wrapped around him from behind. Like tentacles? His vision was blurred by his tears. Gaint squid!? He gasped (or screamed). He panicked and pushed all the limps off of him and swam for it. But it or something caught him. There were arms, human arms. Those arms spun Tao around and there was Kris looking back at him.

"Kris!" Tao instantly wrapped his arms around the other's shoulders and cried. He wailed, sobbed, mewled and such until he calmed down enough to pull away and punch Kris really hard in the chest a couple times, shouting (or screaming) "I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" and swam back onto the yacht.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Author's Note
Wanted to show Kris' softer side and add a twist of unnecessay drama. And maybe I just wanna make baby Tao-tao cry a bit *cackles* Last part of this chapter will be out in a day or two after tomorrow so stay tune to see how Kris makes it up to Tao for his cruel joke.

 

 

.