chapter 16

My precious Friend

 

Hyoyeon and Junho approach Sungmin who’s about to leave

“Sungmin.” Junho shouted as they were walking to his point.

“oh, Junho, Hyoyeon what are you doing here?”

“we saw you a while ago with Sunny. What happened?”

“nothing we just had a talk. Where is she?”

“she decided to go home now.”

“oh really?”

 “What happened Sungmin? I’m worried about her.” Hyoyeon ask him

“Do you really want to know?”

“of course why would we ask you if we doesn’t want to know.”

“araso but don’t make a homily afterwards.”

Flashback:

It’s still awkward for Sunny to be with Sungmin after their family told them about the arranged marriage.

“Sunny-ah why are so quiet?”

“Nothing, just don’t mind me.”

“ever since that our family arrange a marriage for us you’ve been like that. Except when the time you told me to help you.” Sungmin ask as he took a sip on his glass.

“I’m alright just roam around if you want to and meet other people.” She’s also drinking a cocktail drink during their conversation.

“do you think I’ll leave you alone here. Some of the media is also here and they surely know that were already engaged. We should always be together like the usual.”

“I know but things are different right now Sungmin. We’re best friends like Hyoyeon and Junho but were being forced by our parents to get married which I’m against it.”

“yeah right. Would you like to have a walk at the garden.” Sunny nod and they leave the venue. While they were walking Sungmin decided to tell her something.

“Sunny I bet you remember what you told me before at my office.”

“of course I remember it. Have you decided?”

“neh.” Sunny look at Sungmins face and she already know his decision about what she said to him.

“Don’t say it anymore Mr. Lee Sungmin. I know it already. I understand that you can’t say no to them because you’re the only heir and also I.”

“Sunny I’m really sorry about it. I convince my mom and dad to stop it but nothing happened. They told me that I’m an irresponsible son because of it and I don’t want to disappoint them again.”

“I know that you truly love Cyndi and auntie and uncle is against it because they don’t like her at first but they accept her afterwards. Even though you 2 broke up you still love her.”

“Sunny-ah you know the reason why she broke up with me.”

“neh I know it. She had a brain tumor and she doesn’t want to be a burden to you. You keep on drinking during that time but when you knew about her sickness you took care of her but in the end she still leave this world.”

“Don’t worry Sunny I’ll do what I need to do to stop it.”

“No need I’m the one who will do it. They will stop it if I’m the one who will do those things. You’ll only suffer more when you’ll be the one to do it on your way.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t ever talk or communicate with me anymore after this night. Let’s end it here and I’ll make my move. I better go now don’t even try to follow me inside. Bye Lee Sungmin my best buddy.”

End of flashback:

“Aish Sungmin you should have helped her. You also don’t want to get married.” Hyoyeon said

“But I really can’t you, know my family. And I don’t want them to disappoint again.”

“You really can’t or you don’t want to.” Junho added

“What do you mean?”

“Tell me honestly Sungmin, have you already fall in love with my cousin that’s why you ‘can’t stop’ the wedding?”

“Aniyo! Why are you asking me? You guys know that the one I love is Cyndi.”

“but she’s already gone because of her sickness. And I know she’ll be happy if you’ll fall in love again aside from her.”

“No way, I’m being disloyal if I did it. I can’t love another girl aside from her.”

“So you’re telling me that you’re willing to stay single forever until you die.”

“Yes, I don’t care if I become a bachelor as long as I won’t replace her inside my heart.”

“Sungmin, you need to fall in love again. Who knows maybe the girl that is really destined to you is our best buddy.”

“Hyoyeon, I only look at her as my sister nothing else. This fix marriage is not worth it. I don’t love Sunny at all. If I were just a normal person who is forced to have an arrange marriage I would have already run away from our household.”

“ok fine. Good thing that she’s not here already.” Junho said to him but they didn’t know that the one they’re talking to was still there listening behind them but no one can notice her point.

“I’m really right. He doesn’t love me at all, he only love me as a sister. I really envy you Cyndi. Even though you already leave this world he still loves you and willing to die without love on his life. You should be the one that he must marry and live happily for the rest of your life but you leave him alone. Did you know that when you died he keeps on drinking every night and almost commit suicide just to be with you again? I pity him during those times because I already have a feelings for him since were young but he won’t notice it anyway that’s why I forget those nonsense feeling for him. Don’t worry Cyndi I’ll find a way just to stop this wedding.” She said to her mind and tears keep flowing from her eyes. She wipe those tears and leave the place.

On the other hand the 3 decided to go back inside but someone block the door.

“what are you doing here Eunhyuk?” Hyoyeon said and her face changed

“I want to talk to you Hyo.”

“Then speak now I have so much things to do and besides you’re already talking to me.”

“in private Kim Hyoyeon.”

“Sorry but I can’t let you talk to me without them.”

“Are they your bodyguards?”

“Is that what you want to talk about, because if yes then we’ll leave now.”

“fine I’ll say it what I need. Hyo why are you avoiding me? I would like you to accept me again because my wedding is soon.”

“Sorry Eunhyuk but I can’t accept you anymore. Just face it and marry Gyuri.”

“I told you that I won’t give up until you accept me. Should I court you again to show you that I’m sincere?”

“really? You’ll do that? If you want to then go, I still won’t accept you even my oppa. So forget about it, you already have Gyuri so leave me alone. Junho, sungmin let’s go.” They were about to leave but eunhyuk stop them again.

“Hyoyeon I still love you and you know that. Why can’t you accept me again? We start afresh again and forget all the things happened 5 years ago.”

“Are you that insensitive? You hurt me so much during that time.”

“I assure you that I won’t hurt you again.”

“stop it already just forget your feelings for me.”

“and why on earth will I do that?”

“because…….because I …. I ….already have a boyfriend? They were all shock of what Hyoyeon had said even Junho who’s really hurt now.

“Aigoo Kim Hyoyeon, why did you say that, you’re such a pabo. Now who will I use to pretend to be my boyfriend?” she said to herself.

“nice try Hyoyeon but I won’t believe it.”

“It’s true and it’s………..it’s…………it’s Junho.”

“Great now I also use to him to be a cover. What the hell Hyoyeon! what are you thinking this time?” She said to her mind and she look at Junho that is surprised about it. He made an eye contact to her saying “what are you talking about? When did I become your boyfriend?”

“then prove it to me right now. You need to kiss in front of me.”

“then we’ll do it.” Hyoyeon faced Junho

“Yah what are you thinking why did you use me?” he whisper to her

“of course I’ll use you. Who do you want me to use Sungmin?  Just do it I want him out of my sight right now.”

“Are you sure about this?”

“Neh, just do it.”

Junho cupped her face and kiss her. Hyoyeon feel embarrassed at first but she repond to his kisses so that Eunhyuk won’t suspect. He kissed he passionately and without knowing his tongue entered . Hyoyeon shivers a little because of it but she seems kinda like it too.