Marriage?

[Editing Chapters] Love is not Easy

Chapter 19

Skimmed/Edited !

-----------------------

"Yunho! Get up! Dinner." Sunghee said trying to wake him up.

"Let me sleep more!" he whined.

"Your mom said dinner is ready. Now get up!" she replied.

"Fine." he grunted.

***

"So how was the states unnie?" Jihye asked Sunghee. "I heard your first boyfriend was Yoohwan. I think he's cuter than oppa!"

Yunho choked on his food.

Sunghee couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "The states was nice. It's nothing like Korea. And yes, Yoohwan was my first boyfriend. I find him cute but I think I like Yunho better."

Yunho stuck his tongue out at his sister.

"Whatever oppa. She probably just pities you." Jihye replied.

"Yah, what was that?" he roared.

"Jung Yunho, calm down and eat your food. Jihye, that's enough." Mr. Jung scolded his kids.

"Yes dad." they both replied.

***

After dinner, Yunho and his dad were sitting in the living room chatting while Sunghee, Jihye, and his mom were in the kitchen cleaning up.

"So, son." Mr. Jung said. "When are you planning to get married?"

"W-what?" Yunho asked shocked at his father's question.

"I want to see grandkids before I die." his dad replied. "Any chance you and Sunghee would you know? Step it up and get married?"

Yunho glanced at the kitchen where he saw Sunghee and Jihye standing and talking while washing the dishes. Before answering his father's question, he sighed.

"Dad, honestly, ever since I was a kid, I loved her. I still do but how much does she love me? Are we even ready?" Yunho said.

"Son, there are some things we must do in order to get such an answer." his dad said. "As for you and Sunghee, you guys already seem like a married couple. I can tell she loves you too. The only thing I believe that is stopping you is probably the fact that your career would be on  the line. You don't want her to get hurt if the public knows you are together. If you married her, things may be worst. Am I correct?"

Yunho looked at his father and nodded carefully.

"Look, I know I was unsupportive of you when you first went after your dreams but here I am, supporting you. One thing I would love to see from you though, is your happiness. You may be happy with your career but when you're with Sunghee as well, I can see that  you're even more happy. When was the last time you were this happy?" his father continued.

"When I got into SM Entertainment." Yunho replied.

"But when you found out Sunghee left for the states, that happiness disappeared. Why? Because she  was your first love. You two may be dating now but you should settle down and get a family. You're what? 23? She's almost 22. You should consider it. Besides, didn't you tell me you wanted to be married by the time you're 27? You've known her for a long time Yunho. Think about it. I'm not saying this because I want to see grandkids. Well, I do but I want you to find happiness first. And you've already found it. Sunghee is your happiness." his father said.

"Dad, thank you." Yunho said. "In honesty, when I went on hiatus, I thought of our relationship and I realized that I really can't live without Sunghee. I love her with all my heart. I want to marry her as soon as possible too. But, at the same time, I want Go Ara to understand how much I love Sunghee before we actually get married. She's been trying to go after me and she won't believe me when I say I'm already in love with someone else."

"I have an idea." his dad replied.

"What is it?"

Mr. Jung whispered some things to Yunho and he smiled.

"Alright. I'll do it before I return to Seoul." Yunho said.

"That's my boy!"

***

-In the Kitchen-

"Unnie, when will you and oppa marry?" Jihye asked Sunghee innocently.

"Eh? Waeyo? You want me to be your sister-in-law?" Sunghee asked joking a bit.

Jihye nodded.

"You know, Jihye is right. I would love for you to marry Yunho." Mrs. Jung said to Sunghee. "You two have known each other for a long time it wouldn't hurt to step it up a bit right?"

Sunghee stayed silent for awhile before replying, "Honestly, I love Yunho and I know he loves me too. However, if we don't want the public to know of our relationship, how can we get married? Marriage and dating is not the same thing. I'm not afraid of spending the rest of my life with him but I'm afraid I'd be putting his career on the line."

"Sunghee, there are some things in this world worth taking a risk. If Yunho proposed to you, would you say no then?" Mrs. Jung replied.

"Aniyo!" Sunghee quickly said. "I would love to marry him it's just his fans, his career, I don't want to ruin his happiness."

"Unnie, when oppa passed the SM auditions, he certainly was happy. But the moment he came back to Gwangju and saw that you were gone, that happiness disappeared. Why? Because you weren't there with him." Jihye said. "Oppa's happiness is you. Yes, he loves his career and his fans but what he loves most is the person that means the world to him, you."

"But, I don't know." Sunghee said.

"You and Yunho have known each other since you were kids. Tell me the truth, did you date Yoohwan hoping you'd forget Yunho but ended up breaking up with him because you realized that no matter what, you couldn't deny the fact that you still loved Yunho?" Mrs. Jung asked.

"H-how did you?-"

"I can tell. You and Yunho even act like a married couple." she chuckled. "But think about it, would Yunho have gone through all this trouble and even put his career on the line if he didn't love you? Sunghee, your parents might not have told you this but when you and Yunho were kids, you guys had a special bonding. Whenever you were hurt or bullied, Yunho would always be there for you. When you were sick, he'd always come to your house to see you. He loved you since you two were kids. After all these years, he still loves you. What more can you ask for?"

Sunghee remained silent.

"Unnie, oppa really does love you." Jihye said. "Are you worried his fans would hate you? That Go Ara would break you guys apart?"

Sunghee's eyes began to water as she nodded her head.

"I really love Yunho." she said. "But I don't want to hurt him nor do I want to bring down reputation."

Mrs. Jung gave Sunghee an assuring hug. "I know sweetie but if you really loved him, you'd take it into consideration. I'm sure he'd love to spend the rest of his life with you too."

Sunghee nodded. "Thank you Jihye, Mrs. Jung."

"Anytime." Mrs. Jung replied.

"Unnie, we'll always support you. Including my dad!" Jihye replied and gave Sunghee a hug."You're family. Remember?"

"Yeah."

***

-DBSK's Dorm-

"Hyung must be so happy." Junsu whined as he was surfing the net and came across an article about Yunho being in Gwangju. "I want to visit my parents too!"

"Why don't you ask for vacation ?" Yoochun replied. "You can ya know?"

"Yeah but our schedules are packed. I can't just leave you guys." Junsu replied. "It's bad enough hyung is not here."

"I hope he comes back soon." Changmin said.

-----------------------------

Short chapter-ish. Spring Break is ending and I have school again next week so that means not many updates. I'll try to update whenever I can though! Hope you guys liked this chapter.

@heroparkyoungwoong - I find his family kinda fun to be around yeah? Haha,
@QueenB_doll - LOL. Yeah. Trying to be innocent in front of his dad (:
@DBSKAngel011 - Haha, his scandal is not that bad though. At least, so far. xD