A Shocking Twist Part 1: A Secret Girlfriend?

You are YOUNIQUE to me

~Hyoyeon~

Hyoyeon was up and about at 4 in the morning, making sandwiches and breakfast boxes for her new unit. Even though she and Eunhyuk made a bt for lunch, they didn't talk about breakfast. 

"Unnie," Seohyun asked. "How many eggs per box?"

"Two will do. Thanks a lot Seohyun-ah," Hyoyeon said, sincerely thanking the maknae for helping her.

"No problem, unnie. I am as excited as you are for the unit!" Seohyun replied. "Unnie, I'll go finish the rest, you go now and prepare."

Hyoyeon nodded and she headed to the showers. While finishing the breakfast boxes and packing the sanwiches, Seohyun was playing "For The Couple Loving For The First Time", the based from the Banmal Song that she and her boyfriend Yonghwa made together when they were still in "We Got Married". Suddenly, she remembered something Yonghwa said when they were talking in a waiting room with Hyoyeon...

 

~Flashback~

"Woah, I didn't know that," Yonghwa said, surprised by the truth of the identity of Hyoyeon's ideal type. 

Hyoyeon smiled and said, "Well, that's what it is. I'm just happy that we're close."

A staff entered the waiting room and said, "Hyoyeon-sshi, you're up."

Hyoyeon said a quick goodbye to the two and left. Yonghwa then sighed.

"What's wrong oppa?" Seohyun asked.

"If Eunhyuk-hyung is Hyoyeon's ideal type, then she must not fiddle with the phone of hyung," Yonghwa said.

"Why?" Seohyun asked further.

"She will learn something that only a few of us know, I for one. I can't tell anyone since...Well, hyung didn't really tell me," Yonghwa said.

Seohyun nodded and said, "Promise me to tell me what it is if you are allowed to say it."

Yonghwa held Seohyun's hand and said, "I promise."

~End of Flashback~

 

"Seohyun-ah," Hyoyeon called. 

"Oh, unnie! Mianhae...Everything's packed!" Seohyun said. 

Hyoyeon smiled as she and Seohyun finshed preparing. 

"I'll be going now...Although it's a bit early. You have your schedule this morning, and then Yonghwa will visit you, so--" Hyoyeon but was cut by Seohyun's chuckle.

"Unnie, I know my schedule by heart." Seohyun said.

Hyoyeon nodded and left. Seohyun then sighed and said to herself, "Whatever Eunhyuk-oppa is hiding, it better not hurt my unnie."

 

~SMEnt~

Hyoeyon arrived there by 7AM at the famous cloud studio of SM Entertainment. When she arrived, Luhan and kai were there already.

"You're pretty early," Hyoyeon greeted.

"Noona!" The two greeted as they helped her carry the bags she was carrying.

"Thanks," Hyoyeon said. "We'll just wait for the others and then we can have breakfast before we go to practice."

Kai and Luhan nodded, but the already looked at the contents of the breakfast boxes. 

"Eggs, bokkeumbap, ham, kimchi...Looks like our breakfast just got better, hyung!" Kai said excitedly.

Luhan then asked, "Don't you enjoy Kyungsoo's cooking?"

Hyoyeon cut in, "Kyungsoo?"

Kai then answered quickly, "Ah, D.O.-hyung, noona. Yeah, but sometimes food cooked by others is good too! Look hyung, sandwiches! Noona, can we have some right now?"

"Sure. I guess you haven't eaten anything yet," Hyoyeon said going to the bag for the sandwiches.

"I got it, noona," Kai said, getting three sandwiches and giving the two their own.

"Jal meokkeseumnida!" Luhan and Kai said. 

Hyoyeon looked at the two first, nervous about the taste of her sandwich. 

"Woah! This tastes really good! Better than Kyungsoo's or Yixing's...Mashta!" Luhan exclaimed.

Hyoyeon smiled as she ate her own sandwich. After they ate, the two EXO members played their first title song, "MAMA". 

"Noona, do you know the dance?" Kai said.

"Let me watch first a video or something," Hyoyeon said.

The two played a performance from EXO-K and EXO-M and then the whole EXO. After a few replays, Hyoyeon said, "Let's try."

The two got excited as they played the song. The two EXO members were surprised as Hyoyeon danced the song with ease and without flaws. They were also impressed that Hyoyeon just studied the dance for about five minutes. 

Geogin saengmyeongdo gamjeongdo ttadeutamdo eopgo eoneo

sseuregiman nadwingguneun sangmakhan beolpan

"Woah!" The two were surprised as Hyoyeon rapped Chanyeol's part. Suddenly, Henry, Eunhyuk and Taemin arrived.

"Good! We're all here. Luhan, turn off the music," Hyoyeon said.

Luhan obeyed and Kai started to give thebreakfast boxes. 

"Noona, made these herself! Let's all have breakfast before starting!" Kai said cheerfully.

They all agreed as they sat down on the floor to eat. "Jal meokkeseumnida!" They all said.

Hyoyeon looked nervous as the others ate her food.

"Woah, this is really good. Key-hyung should learn from you noona," Taemin said.

"Woah, Hyo-noona, can you tell me how you made this?" Henry replied.

"This is really good. Thanks Hyo," Eunhyuk said with his smile, then patting Hyoyeon's head.

He liked my food! Hyoyeon celebrated in her mind, finally eating her breakfast box. 

After they ate and rested for a while, the unit started to dance some songs. From "MAMA" to "Sorry, Sorry" to "Sherlock", they all practied the moves. By 8AM, they were resting when Eunhyuk's phone rang.

"Yobeoseyo? Ah ne..Aiggesseumnida." Eunhyuk said as he hungs up and stand up.

"The demo is here, and I think we have to choreograph the dance ourselves," Eunhyuk said before leaving the practice studio.

They all got excited and nervous. What would the song be? This is the question that's on everybody's mind. Minutes later, Eunhyuk returned with the demo. 

"So, we'll first distribute the parts, then off to the recording studio. Let's listen to it," Eunhyuk said.

The song played...

 

AH-HA You’re provoking me?

UP AND DOWN!

You took it a level higher, scream!

RIGHT!

MAXSTEP (x4)

 

The whole world shakes shakes when seeing my exceptional image

My roar resounds into the silent atmosphere,

If I hesitated I can’t even escape it,

Destroyed, pushed away, only the best of the best survive

 

HANDS UP IN THE AIR!

Welcome and acclaim me, don’t stop me, experience the best stage,

GROWLING IN THE AIR!

The more you reject me, the deeper you can through me, the absolute you!

ROCK!

 

They all stood up as the first dance break played. They were starting to feel it. The beat, the song...

 

LET ME TAKE A RIDE. SHIFT IT INTO DRIVE.

Don’t be scared, now your dream will become reality, a challenge that is a step closer today than it was yesterday

MAX to the best, MAX to the best!

MAXSTEP (x4)

 

AH~HA! We’ve got a purpose! Advance and advance without stopping until the end of the open world (LET’S GO!)

Until when are you going to get tricked by the traps made for children, will you get tricked? If so are you going to endure it?

MAXSTEP (x2)

 

You forget what you want to say and shake shake when seeing my shocking image

Only your graceful name resounds into the world

If I hesitated I can’t even escape it

Destroyed, pushed away, only the best of the best survive

 

HANDS UP IN THE AIR!

Welcome and acclaim me, don’t stop me, experience the best stage,

GROWLING IN THE AIR!

The more you reject me, the deeper you can through me, the absolute you!

Scream! Scream!

HANDS UP IN THE AIR!

Welcome and acclaim me, don’t stop me, experience the best stage,

GROWLING IN THE AIR!

The more you reject me, the deeper you can through me, the absolute you!

Scream! Scream!

 

They looked at Hyoyeon as a girl started to rap.

 

I opened the rough and dangerous road first for you, my challenge

It’s not fun if you just get everything

You’ll only know after you overcome a couple of mountains

Shall we feel the wind that only blows at the top? Should we have fun?

The six were already moving, isolating their bodies, popping and locking at the second dance break.

MAXSTEP (x4)

Yeah~~!!

HANDS UP IN THE AIR!

Welcome and acclaim me, don’t stop me, experience the best stage,

GROWLING IN THE AIR!

The more you reject me, the deeper you can through me, the absolute you!

Scream! Scream!

HANDS UP IN THE AIR!

Welcome and acclaim me, don’t stop me, experience the best stage,

GROWLING IN THE AIR!

The more you reject me, the deeper you can through me, the absolute you!

Scream! Scream!

 

"Woah, it sounds good," Henry said. "It sort of balances our dance unit because of the high notes."

"There are two. One is a high note, but the other is like what Changmin does," Eunhyuk said as he remembered the high note/scream before the last chorus. 

"Well, I can't reach those notes. So I might as well do the verse parts," Luhan offered.

"I'll do the rap!" Kai said excitedly, wanting to practice what Chanyeol, Kris and Tao have taught him. 

"Hold your horses, Kkamjong," Eunhyuk chuckled. "I'll do the other part of the rap too."

"I guess Taemin will have to do the scream part. I can do the first high note," Henry said.

"Hyung! I can't do the scream part!" Taemin argued.

Hyoyeon chuckled as the two others quarreled who will do the scream. She knows that her part is the girl rapping part. 

"Stop it you two," Eunhyuk said. "The Music PD will decide. Let's go to the recording room."

The six went to the recording room. They had a talk with the PD and they all sang for a while. 

"I like to how Hyoyeon-sshi's vocals," The PD during Hyoyeon's turn.

"Me?" Hyoyeon said, confused. She was never part of the vocals of Girls' Generation.

"Yes," The PD confirmed. "You're vocals may not be as strong and as powerful as Taeyeon's or Jessica's, but you have something there. You're lines in your songs maybe short, but I like them. Your voice puts balance to the power; Too much power in the vocals is bad. Your blending is also good."

Hyoyeon nodded, surprised by the PD's remark. Taeyeon, Jessica and Seohyun said thing like what the PD said to Hyoyeon as well. The three wanted Hyoyeon to have more parts in their songs, but the main dancer just gives her parts to the other members whose vocals is much more noticeable. 

"Other than the rap part, you should do the part in the chorus not rapped by the boys, arasso?" The PD said. 

The rest got their parts, and they started to practice their vocals.

"Okay, Euhyuk's up first," The PD said.

"Oppa, can I play with your phone?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Sure," Eunhyuk said.

Eunhyuk gave his phone, and their hands met. Quickly getting shy, Eunhyuk went to recoding booth quickly and listened to the PD's instructions. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon played with Eunhyuk's phone. 

"Noona, can we eat the sandwiches but still have some for later?" Taemin asked. 

"Oh sure," Hyoyeon said. "I'll get them. You practice." Hyoyeon said as she is the one who stood up.

"Noona, you mut practice too." Taemin said worriedly, thinking of his sunbae.

"Ani, I already know my parts." Hyoyeon said smilling as she left the recording room.

Hyoyeon was telling the truth; Her parts were short and are easy to memorize. As she fiddled with eunhyuk's phone while walking towards back the practice studio someone texted Eunhyuk and the ID says "Jieunie<3". 

Hyoyeon tensed up. Does Eunhyuk have a girlfriend that she didn't know?