Unexpected Part 4: SoShi Mother

You are YOUNIQUE to me

~HyoYuk~

"What...?" Hyoyeon said in disbelief.

Eunhyuk gulped and said, "Ne...The doctor said that you are already three months pregnant but because of your active lifetsyle - your dancing, promotions and the like - the child is not...Uhm...Let's say being like what it should be. It adapted on your idol life gongjunim."

Hyoyeon was still in a state of shock. She then held her stomach and rub it. "I'm a mother...A real mother?" She asked.

Eunhyuk just nodded. He can't bring himself to answer anymore with so much worries in his head. 

"Wangjanim, I think I need to be alone for the moment," Hyoyeon said, "Don't worry. I'll call you if I need you wangjanim."

Eunhyuk hesitated for a while, but then nodded. "Arasseo," he said, "I'll always be here for you gongjunim. Please remember that. I love you."

"I love you too," Hyoyeon said as she grabbed Eunhyuk's hand and kissed it.

 

~Eunhyuk~

Eunhyuk found Onew, Luna, Yunho, Changmin, Krystal, Key and the other eight SoShi girls at the cafeteria eating and talking.

"Oh, hyung," Changmin said, "Why are you here?"

"Hyoyeon wanted to rest for a while," Eunhyuk said.

"I guess she needs some alone time as well," Jessica commented.

"Sica," Eunhyuk said, "I need to tell all of you something."

"What is it, oppa?" Jessica asked.

"Hyoyeon is three months pregnant," Eunhyuk said, ready for anything that Jessica will hit him.

"What?! What did you say?!" Jessica asked loudly, shocked, surprised, and angry. The other eight girls dropped the chopsticks that they were handling

"She's pregnant for three months already," Eunhyuk repeated, now kneeling in front of Girls' generation.

Jessica stood up and was about to hit Eunhyuk with a tray when Key, Krystal and Onew stopped Jessica. 

"Stop, Sica," Onew said, "It will not do anything."

Jessica went back to her senses and calmed down a bit. Krystal was massaging the shoulder of her unnie. "Does she know?" Jessica asked.

"Yes," Eunhyuk said solemnly.

The eight girls went out of their shock and stood beside Jessica. "You do know what you have done?" Taeyeon asked, anger evident in her voice.

"Yes," Eunhyuk answered again solemnly.

"You do realize that this may end her career, and her dreams?" Seohyun said, not caring to use banmal at all.

"Yes," Eunhyuk answered again.

"You do know that...That...That she is our mother? That without her, we cannot be complete?" Yoona said, tears starting to flow down from her eyes.

"I know," Eunhyuk said, "That's why I'm here. She's thinking to herself, and I'm here kneeling in front of you, asking forgiveness."

"It's not a sin that your love had bear a fruit," Sooyoung said, "We're humans that's why the eight of us are mad at you. You should have been more careful."

"It's just about us performing," Sunny added, "It's about us nine as a family."

"You will be responsible for this?" Tiffany asked.

"Of course," Eunhyuk said, "Even if I have to leave Super Junior to take care of my child so that Hyoyeon can continue with you, I'll do it."

"Hyoyeon will not like that," Yuri said, "She knows your dreams as well. You're both dancers; performance is something that will be difficult to remove in your systems."

"All we can do for now is wait for what Hyoyeon will have to say about this," Taeyeon said.

 

~Hyoyeon~

Hyoyeon was lying on her bed, deep in thought, while continuously rubbing her stomach. 

"I felt happy the instant your father told me that you were there," Hyoyeon said to her stomach, "But then I felt scared; What if I do something wrong to you? What if I harm you? Moreover, I was thinking of what I am doing. I love dancing and performing. I love my girls...I love you too, kid...What to do..."

Hyoyeon grabbed her phone. She looked to her contacts. "No, not the girls...Ah."

She found the right person, and then she called. "Yeoboseyo?" Hyoyeon asked.

"Ne?" The woman on the other line said.

"Umma," Hyoyeon said.

"Hyoyeon-ah!" Hyoyeon's mother said on the other line, "Thank goodness you're fine. I'm sorry we can't go there...You know..."

"I understand. You can visit me at the dorm when I'm released from the hospital," Hyoyeon said.

"Is Hyukjae taking care of you and the other girls? Hyukjae calls me every now and then. Your father is glad--" Hyoyeon's mother said but she was cut by her daughter.

"Umma, I'm three months pregnant, and I just found it out now," Hyoyeon said.

The line was silent for a moment. Hyoyeon waited for it. The usual scream and scolding, the lecture...And then the command of breaking-up with the boyfriend.

"I guess your father was right after all," Hyoyeon's mother said, shocking Hyoyeon.

"What do you mean?" Hyoyeon asked.

"You see," Hyoyeon's mother said, "Your father and I saw something different in you. It's like you were made for each other; a perfect couple. You were so happy when the two of you visited here. You supported him when he was interrogated by your father. After that day, your father said, 'You know, I will not be surprised if one day she'll call us to say that she's pregnant. They love each other so much, that marriage is the only thing left.' I was surprised by your father's words at first, but then i saw that he's right."

"Umma," Hyoyeon said, tears flowing from her eyes, "I'm scared, What if I do something wrong with the baby? What if I hurt the baby? And umma...What about my dancing? What about you guys?"

"Don't worry about us. Your father can manage that. About your dreams, you can still have them after you had the child. Many of our stars today have their own children but still perform," Hyoyeon's mother said.

"I hope the girls will be alright with this," Hyoyeon said with a sigh.

"They'll be fine. You will be the one to decide, after all," Hyoyeon's mother said.

"Gomawo, umma, chinjja gomawo," Hyoyeon said.

"Visit soon. I love you," Hyoyeon's mother said.

"I love you too," Hyoyeon replied before she hung up. 

 

~The Hospital~

After a few minutes, Eunhyuk and the others went inside Hyoyeon's room. She was sitting with a warm smile. 

"Wangjanim," Hyoyeon said, noticing at how sad and tired Eunhyuk is, "Is everything alright?"

Eunhyuk went towards his girlfriend and held her hand. "How are you feeling?" he asked. 

"I'm fine...Ah, I guess you told them?" Hyoyeon said.

Eunhyuk nodded. The eight girls went forward. Taeyeon said, "Are you okay, Hyoyeon-ah?"

"More than fine, Taeyeon-ah," Hyoyeon said, "I guess you're all waiting for what I say?"

Everyone nodded. 

"First, don't persecute nae wangjanim; it's not his fault alone. It's not even a fault. He or she is a blessing. I know you all know that it's my dream to have a family of my own. Besides, he or she is now the living proof of how much wangjanim and I love each other, right? Maybe you are thinking what about my career. Well, I have thought about it as well. If in the first three months he or she has cooperated, then I think as long as I have proper guidance with a doctor, I know what to do. I can still dance, but I'm dancing for two people right now," Hyoyeon said, resting her head on Eunhyuk's shoulder. 

"But unnie," Seohyun interjected, "You'll have to stop when you're about to give birth, and how about when the baby is out?"

"Don't worry. We'll cross the bridge when we get there," Hyoyeon said, "I just need your support on this, arasseo?"

Seohyun was about to say something again when Jessica stalled her and said, "Kureom. We'll support on your decision. We're sisters, right? We support each other."

Yoona and Yuri went to Hyoyeon for a hug, and the other girls followed suit. 

"We should tell Sooman-sajangnim next," Eunhyuk said.

"We will, after I get out of the hospital, that is," Hyoyeon said.

 

~HyoYuk~

That night, only Eunhyuk stayed (all were sent home by Hyoyeon) to for Hyoyeon. 

"I missed you so much, wangjanim," Hyoyeon said as the two were lying down on the bed together.

"I did too...Thank you gongjunim," Eunhyuk said then kissing Hyoyeon on the forehead.

"What for?" Hyoyeon asked.

"You didn't get angry," Eunhyuk said, "I thought you'll be angry at me, that I've destroyed your dreams an--" 

Hyoyeon's lips on Eunhyuk's stopped the latter from talking. "You worry too much. I love you and I love our child. I know we can do this."

Eunhyuk smiled and hugged Hyoyeon tight. "I love you, Kim Hyoyeon. Take some rest now," Eunhyuk said with a smile.

"I love you too, Lee Hyukjae," Hyoyeon said after leaning oon Eunhyuk's chest, "You take some rest as well."