Chapter 8: Possession.

You're mine. Forever and always.

You yanked the door open as you intended to water the plants. Surprisingly, you saw Daehyun panting at you gate. His face was blanched beneath his tan, and for one crazy second, you wondered if he was freaked out by you who had your hair down. 

'D-Daehyun, what are you d-doing here?' You tramped towards him.

He sheepishly rubbed his neck, 'Uhh, I just realized that I haven't got your phone number. You know, I'll have to call you tonight, for the ball night.' 

You chuckled, 'That's why you ran all the way here?'

'Y-Yeah.' His voice cracked. *Because I was so nervous about today's ball night. It's an event that we could spend our time TOGETHER*

Your heart skipped a beat, knowing that he ran all the way here just to acquire your phone number. You exchanged your phone number with his and he happily skidded off, hollered, 'I'll pick you up tonight!' You just simply giggled at his cuteness.

[5PM]

You're supposed to get ready now. You were terribly edgy as you're gonna spend your night with Daehyun. You put on a genuine smile as his face came across your mind. 'Aye, girl.' Your phone rang, indicating that you've got a new message. Without any hesitation, you picked up your phone.

-Are you ready? I'll be here in another 15 minutes. {Daehyun}-

*15 minutes? Shoot, I have to be quick*

-Almost done. :)) {_______}- You lied.

You swiftly took off your nerdy glasses and unfurl your large doe eyes. You actually looked beautiful but you didn't care about it and covered it with your nerdy glasses all the time. But today, just for today, you decided to take it off and reveal your beauty. You swiftly combed your hair and coifed it a little. 

'Would Daehyun like me without my glasses?' You looked at the mirror and muttered to yourself.

You smirked like an idiot as you changed into the gown that Daehyun bought for you. 'Aye, girl' Your phone rang again and it pulled you back to reality. You quickly pick up your phone to check the message. You expected for Daehyun's message but it was otherwise. It was Jiyeon.

-Unnie, I'm feeling terribly sick now. Would you come to my house and bring me to clinic? ;__; {Jiyeon}-

You gasped and replied in no time. -Okay, give me your house address. I'll be there right away. {_____}-

You rushed towards Jiyeon's house as soon as you got her address. However, you dropped your phone at the gate and you didn't realized it. You were too worried about your friend, your first friend, Jiyeon. You forgot to inform Daehyun about it as well.

You arrived at Jiyeon's house at about 5 minutes. You were sweating like a road worker in the Texas Sun. 

'Jiyeon-ah.' You called out her name. There was a silence and suddenly, you could feel someone hit the back of your head. Black mists swirled at the edges of your mind drawing you into oblivion.

At this moment, Daehyun has already reached your house. He texted you again. 

-__________-ah, I'm right in front of your gate now. :D {Daehyun}-

Your phone, which was on the ground rang right after Daehyun send you the message. Daehyun heard it and tilted his head and saw your phone. He picked it up and saw the message you had with Jiyeon as you hadn't quit that running application. *So, she's at Jiyeon's house. I guess I'll pick her up there then*

[JIYEON'S HOUSE]

You half-consciously woke up, realizing that you've been tied to a chair. Your eyes bulged out and you caught sight of Jiyeon who was sitting at the corner staring at you, just like a horror movie. 

'Jiyeon-ah, what's w-with these ropes? I thought you w-were sick.' You stammered as her glare was intense.

'Sick? I was never sick until I met you!' She frowned and screamed.

You gasped in utmost horror. It was the kind of scream that made your blood run cold. It pierced your brain and ignited some primeval pathway. Adrenaline surged through you veins. You could vividly feel that your eyes widen and pulse quicken, your heart was thudding like a rock rattling in box. The enormity of uneasiness dawned upon you. 

'You had everything that I've ever wanted. EVERYTHING!' She continued and emphasized on the word 'EVERYTHING'.

You were confused, 'W-What did I do?'

'Stop acting as if you were totally innocent! You took Daehyun away from me. He's mine. He has always been mine. Why are you doing this to me?!' Salty tears flowed unchecked from her eyes.

*Jiyeon likes Daehyun too?* You uttered, 'I did not take him away from you. He doesn't even like me. And besides, we are only friends. You could have just tell me. You don't have tie me onto the chair, as if I was some kind of prisoner.'

She gave a yell and raced furiously forward, 'He likes you! HE. LIKES. YOU! YOU! A woman like you doesn't deserve him. And get your facts right. We aren't friends. It was just a plan of mine! I tricked you to my house so that you wouldn't be able to go to the ball night with Daehyun!'

*He likes me?!* You widened your eyes. *She must be lying* 

Words taunted you with a savage intensity, knowing the fact that Jiyeon, your friend was just using you. You tilted your head and tears started streaming down your cheeks. The way you remain silence infuriated Jiyeon and she lift her wrist, intended to slap you. Just then, Daehyun arrived right at the front door and saw Jiyeon who was trying to slap you. He immediately advanced to her and grabbed her wrist.

'What do you think you're doing?!' Daehyun's scream made the hair strand straight up on the back of your neck. It was the loudest, most piercing scream you've ever heard. A scream of hysteria. Jiyeon gasps and burst into the tears as Daehyun has seen the ugly side of her. She screamed like a baby in a tumble dryer, garbled, muffled, intermittent but none the less distressing and intense. She then shook off Daehyun's hand and ran away.

You couldn't react immediately as you couldn't believe what had just happened. Daehyun worriedly look at you as he liberate you from the chair, '________, you alright?' At that moment, you were just mired  in the awful gulfing whirlpool of horror. You just stayed quiet and peer at the corner that Jiyeon just sat at. Daehyun couldn't stand watching you quivering with terror, he hugged you in a flash. 

Your eyes bulged out but you seemed to have calmed down a lot because the sound of his heart beating you know form the quiet moments on a hunt - but this is the first time you really feel it, lean and hard muscle against your own. He patted your head, 'I'm sorry that I wasn't here earlier..'

You looked up at him. He was gazing at you deeply and you just can't seem to escape from it. You broke the hushed atmosphere, 'L-Let's get outta here.'

Daehyun blinked, 'Oh, s-sure.'

Both of you were walking on a pebbly path and all of a sudden, great sheets of water started pouring out of dark skies. Daehyun and you immediately ran to the nearest shade. Both of you turned around and your gaze met his. Both of you burst out of laughter. 

'You look weird without your styled hair', you ridiculed.

'But you still look gorgeous.' He remarked.

You stopped laughing and he added, 'I've actually had something to tell you.'

You pressed your lips into a firm line and gulped, 'Go on.'

Daehyun cleared his throat nervously, 'When I was in Jiyeon's house, I realized how much I cared for you. My heart couldn't stop beating when you cried and I was foolishly wondering if my heart beats for you.'

Your stomach was instantly filled with butterflies.

He looked deeply at you and continued, 'Love was often described as an emotion we can't control, one that overwhelms logic and common sense. I guess that's what it was like for me. I didn't plan on falling in love with you. But everytime we meet, I couldn't figure out what was the feeling that kept on pestering me, until today. ____________, would you be my girlfriend? I promise that I would seer every moment we spend together in my memory. I'll never forget a single minute of it.'

You're now blushing crazily and you couldn't seem to stop your heart from beating that furiously. You shyly beamed at him and nodded. The moment you nodded, he cupped your chin and kissed you. He then broke the kiss and whisper, 'I love you, Kim_________. I love you.'

The rain has ceased, but big drops were shaken from the dark, high trees. Though you didn't manage to go to the ball night with Daehyun, but right at this moment, you've owned his heart and he has owned yours..

__________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry that L.Joe didn't appear at this chapter. ;______;
I promised he'll have more parts at the next chapter.