Chapter 17: Two hugs in a row.

You're mine. Forever and always.

[KOREA, BEACH]

You and L.Joe got back from Japan. You supposed you have figured out what does the theme mean. Hot beach and cold lavender field. That's what makes Hot & Cold.

You chuckled as you walked outta the dressing room. You were now dressed in a light blue bikini, which makes your milky skin prominent. You looked around the beach, trying to search for L.Joe but he was no where to be seen. You pouted and sat on the beach. As you were fiddling your finger, you surrendered to fatigue. You lied on the golden sand, trying to take a nap. While you were on the way to dreamland, you heard a voice.

'Hey there, pretty. Wanna go for a drink?'

You thought it was L.Joe and you covered your ears, 'Don't ever try to hit on me, L.Joe. You know I'm not interested in it.'

You then heard hysterical laughters. You got up and stared at the direction where the laughter came from. You were shocked to see that it wasn't L.Joe but a guy, who's probably 5 years older than you. His slightly tanned skin blended with his sandy blond hair. Loose strands of hair perfectly framed his oval shaped head. *He's quite good-looking. Too bad, his flirty smile ruined it all*

You thought and turned around without giving him any respond. Abruptly, that guy hugged you without your permission and whispered, 'What's with that cold reaction? We can go out together, you know? You can choose wherever you want. It's all up to you.'

As you were about to give him a punch to sabotage his flirty tone, you were swiftly liberated from that guy by two arms. You turned around and realized it was L.Joe. L.Joe gave that guy a sneer, 'How sad. By the way, she wasn't giving you a cold reaction. She DID NOT give you a single respond so knock it off, dude. Can't you see that she's disgusted? Oh, wait. That's not really important. Can't you see she's owned by me? Don't try to take advantage of her when I'm off to get myself changed.'

The guy ran off after being embarrassed by L.Joe in the public. You turned around and frowned, 'Yaaah. Since when I was owned by y-'

You didn't manage to finish your sentence 'cause L.Joe suddenly pulled you into his arms without saying a thing. This hug was different. It was totally different comparing to the flirty guy's one. L.Joe's hug was gentle and yet firm. You felt secure in his arms, you have no worries nor fear, just a calm feeling. You rested your head on his shoulder and closed your eyes. Instantly, the noise at the beach stopped. Your heartbeat was the only thing you heard.

L.Joe broke the hug and looked at you, 'Please, don't let anyone flirt with you anymore.'

His eyes looked so sincere and you couldn't stop staring at it. You just obliviously nodded and chuckled.

[OLD FOLKS HOME]

You smiled at L.Joe in amazement, 'Whoaaa. Daebak. I didn't know that you were actually that kind.'

L.Joe lifted his chin, 'Pfft. You just don't realize how perfect am I.'

You stuck your tongue out, 'Arasso. Stop bragging about it. I'm going to help that halmeoni. See you later.'

You walked towards the halmeoni and let out a sigh as Daehyun suddenly appeared in your mind. The halmeoni hold your hand and asked, 'What's wrong, girl? You can talk to this old granny if you want to.'

You had a weak smile on your face. You sat beside her and started telling her about what happened between you and Daehyun. You bit your lips, trying to hold back your tears.

The halmeoni patted your hand and uttered in a soothing voice, 'Sometimes, we have to learn how to let go and move on to be happy. There're so many things to do but if you kept on clinging on the past, you would certainly neglect your future. That would make your past and future both a failure. Is that what you really wish for?'

You shook your head and beamed, 'Aniyo.. Halmeoni, gomawoyo. Your words will be deeply engraved within my mind. I think I know what should I really do now.'

*I guess this is considered as the 'hot' mentioned in the Hot & Cold theme. But, I guess it's more towards warm. Hehe*

[ELEVATOR]

You swung your arms, 'Ahhh, how nice is it to have come to the old folks home.'

Curiosity filled L.Joe's mind, 'Seems likes something great had happened. What is it?'

You smiled and uttered, 'You don't need to know.'

L.Joe frowned, 'Yaaaaah. Wae?'

You flicked his arm, 'I just don't feel like telling you. Keke.'

He got turned off, 'If you're not gonna tell me, I will make this elevator stop.'

You ridiculed, 'As if you were really a magician.'

All of a sudden, lights went off and the elevator stopped for real. You and L.Joe fell and landed on the floor. Tears started rolling down your cheeks as you had nyctophobia, which means you fear of the dark. You hugged your knees and started quivering. L.Joe heard you whining and worriedly asked, 'What's wrong, ________-ah?'

You stammered, 'I c-can't stay in a d-dark place for t-too long. It's a p-phobia.'

He scooted towards you and hugged you, 'It's okay. It's gonna be alright. Just close your eyes and imagine that you were at the beach that I just took you too. There were plenty of sunlight.'

You stopped shaking and chuckled as you were imagining what L.Joe told you to, 'And you were there with me. It feels so warm.'

After you finished your sentence, L.Joe could feel the rising heat and hugged you even more as he was mesmerized by you, everything about you, include what you just said and the way you breathe. The only wish he had was to pause this moment, the moment he had always wanted.

Just then, the elevator door opened and broke L.Joe's hope. Both of you were rescued by the rescue team.

L.Joe crossed his arm, 'Darn it.'

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I've been sick for the past few days so I didn't manage to update my fanfic. So yeah, here it is. A brand new chapter. Enjoy. ^^