Chapter 24: I'm forgotten..

You're mine. Forever and always.

You gazed at the azure blue sky on the rooftop. It was beautiful ribbons, all differ ant shade of blue. You smiled, knowing that you wouldn't be seeing such scene anymore once you're back to Taiwan. Where as L.Joe was sitting on the floor, looking at you dreamily. He broke the silence, 'What's so magical about the sky that you don't even look at your boyfriend.'

You squatted down and whispered directly to his ears, 'You know what? You're not that handsome to the extent that I'd look at you whole day long.' You giggled.

L.Joe's mouth gaped open, 'I'm not that handsome?'

You nodded in satisfaction. L.Joe swiftly spread his fingers and tickled your waist. Instantly, you burst into laughter and started struggling, 'Stop it, L.Joe. Stop it. It's t-ticklish.'

L.Joe stuck his tongue out, 'Take back what you just said then.'

You doubted he would stop tickling you if you do so. Hence, you grabbed his arm and bit it. 'OUUUCH!' L.Joe yelled. You immediately got up and ran away. However, you lost your balance and fell from the rooftop. L.Joe had an epiphany and nimbly outstretched his arm to grab yours. You were hanging on the rooftop while L.Joe is trying really hard to pull you up. In quail, tears started rolling down your cheeks. 'Don't let go, __________!' L.Joe yelled.

You grabbed his wrist tighter. Your heartbeat sped up, you couldn't differentiate if the liquid on your face was tears or just sweat. L.Joe's aone was protruded on his arms and his neck, 'I c-can't t-take it any l-longer-'

Just then, you slipped outta his grip. You looked at him while you fell. Everything was outta your earshot and all you heard was that L.Joe yelling 'Nooo!' before your eyes. You reached your hand out, hoping he could hold it again..

 

 

Daehyun had arrived at Korea. The first thing he did wasn't going back home but your home. He knocked your door but no one opened it. *She's not at home, I guess*

He dialed your phone number but it wasn't you who picked it up. It was L.Joe.  He groggily asked, 'Yes?' He was lost in deep agony at the moment.

Daehyun scowled, 'Why are you picking up __________'s phone? I wanna talk to her. I'm already back to Korea and I wanna tell her about the whole misunderstanding. Now, pass her the phone.'

L.Joe got utterly frustrated and yelled, 'Why are you even back? She's now mine.'

Daehyun retorted, 'She is yours because I misunderstood her. I'm already clear with the whole situation so I'll definitely make her mine again even though she's yours now. NOW. PASS. HER. THE. PHONE!'

L.Joe let out a sigh. His voice was quivering, 'How I wish I could pass her the phone.' A tear cascaded down L.Joe's cheek. He continued, 'She's in the operating theater now.'

Daehyun was delirious with shock at your state, 'Which hospital is she at now? Tell me!'

 

 

You walked along the trees, thinking. *Isn't this L.Joe's house?' You then heard L.Joe's voice. 'I want you to be my girlfriend and let me be your bodyguard. I w-will protect you.'

You turned to that direction and saw the 5-year-old L.Joe hugging you. You soften and beamed. All of a sudden, a masked person ran past you and grabbed L.Joe's hand. You widened your eyes but before you could stop him, the 5-year-old you had kicked his knee. *Way to go, _______!*

That guy tried to liberate himself so he slapped you across the face till you almost passed out. You shortly advanced forward. You flinched your fist at him but oddly, he wasn't hurt. In fact, your fist crossed pass him as if you were some kind of ghostly spirit. You tried again but failed. You then turned around, expecting L.Joe to save you as he just promised that he would protect you. In converse, he was cringing beside the bush.

Anger gushed up your head. You ran towards him and hollered, 'What are you doing here? Why aren't you saving me?!'

As you expected, he heard nothing. You were just a ghost to him.

 

 

'It was fortunate Ms. Kim's school was only 2-storey and there were tress below to reduce the impact.' You vaguely heard someone's voice. You blinked your eyes several times as your vision was still blur. You weakly asked, 'Where am I?'

L.Joe heard your voice and instantly hurtled towards you. He let out a weak smile and hugged you tightly, 'You're alright.'

You frowned and pushed him off you, 'Who are you?'

L.Joe was petrified, 'Y-You don't know me?'

You nodded.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I hope this chapter wasn't too short. cx