Chapter 27: Surprise. Another surprise.

You're mine. Forever and always.

Elusive memories flickered at the moment you saw those pictures of you and L.Joe when both of you were still young, that were displayed on his desk. They remind you of how much you've loved L.Joe, how happy you were just because he's right by your side. Gathering memories like scattered beads from the floor, you held back your tears.*He had those all along? Why didn't I know?*

L.Joe lowered to his heels beside you. He wiped off your tears with his thumbs, 'I guess those memories are back, huh?'

You widened your eyes as he seemed to have noticed that you have remembered everything. It sent a jolt of worry through your whole body. Tension laced the air. You scrunched your nose and forced a smile, 'Aniya. I remembered nothing. I t-think I'll have to go b-back to school now. B-Bye.'

You stood up and walked towards the door but before you could take another step, L.Joe had already grabbed your arm. You turned around and met his gaze. You studied his face meticulously, it should be impeccable but it wasn't anymore because a frown had pulled his forehead into crinkles, like a lettuce leaf; tears covered his face; his nose was tinted red, just like his eyes that his tears have been welling in. 

'How long are you going to lie? If you did not remember anything, why did you cry earlier when you see those pictures?' he bit his lips.

'I wasn't crying. My eyes hurt just now so tears came down, it's just that simple. It wasn't related to my memories.' you retorted back.

'Please, ________, please. Stop lying.' tears finally broke through his eyes and form streams down his face.

'I wasn't lying.' You tried to shake his hand off, 'Let go of me.'

As you were struggling, something caught your eyes - The dark-sky wallpaper. You felt a sting of sensation and tears threatening to roll down. *No. I shouldn't cry or else L.Joe would find out though I think he has ALREADY found out. I just gotta stop things from getting worse*

You summoned your strength and escaped from his grip and ran out of his room. L.Joe was stunned to speechless. He didn't know why did you try to hide the fact that you do remember what had happened between you and him. The moment he came to a realization that he shouldn't let you go easily, he instantly went out to chase after you but you were no where to be seen anymore.

He didn't notice that you were actually hiding behind the bush, that was beside his house, weeping. You covered your mouth, as if you were trying to smother yourself. *I can't let him know that I'm here... I don't want him to see how pathetic I am right now. And, what's with my eyes today? Why are there so many tears?* You let out a groggy smile in grief with another tear rolling down.