Chapter 6: Intrigue.

You're mine. Forever and always.

[AT THE MALL]

Your mouth gaped open when you saw those beautiful and gorgeous gowns. Daehyun couldn't take his eyes off you, seeing how cute you could be. Without you knowing, Daehyun picked a comely gown. He nodded in satisfaction and patted your shoulder, 'Why not you try on this? I believe it would suit you a lot.'

Your heart wouldn't stop beating furiously. You just simply thank him and grabbed the gown to the dressing room in case he could hear your vigorous heartbeat. 

You're a fashion idiot so you clumsily tried to look for the zip of the gown. Abruptly, you saw the price tag. This dress cost USD3000. It's not 3000NTD, but USD3000! You ran out of the dressing room with your hands grabbing the gown.

'Daehyun..' You called his name.

'____________, yes? Are you done changing?' He didn't ask anything more 'cause you hadn't even put on the gown.

'Daehyun, the gown here is way too expensive. Let's buy it somewhere else.' You whispered and put the gown on the table, attempting to pull him outta the shop.

He gave you a reassuring smile, '___________, it's okay. I can afford it. It's not a big amount to me anyways. Try it on. I'm waiting for you outside' He grabbed the gown and pushed you into the dressing room.

You were hesitant but you still did what he told you do. You gently put on the gown as you didn't want to tear it. 'You are just a poor bodyguard of L.Joe's' The thought kept racing across your mind. You stepped outta the dressing room when you've finished putting on the gown. 

You aren't used to gowns nor dresses so you accidentally stepped on the edge of the gown and lost your balance. You shut your eyes tightly because you were expecting yourself to be knocking against the hard, solid ground. However, what you expected did not happen. In converse, you felt a pair of warm arms around you. You slowly opened your eyes, it was Daehyun! He managed to hold onto you before you were tripped by your gown.

'You alright?' He worriedly asked.

Blush crept up your cheeks and you tried to escape from his gaze to stop yourself from blushing anymore, 'Y-Yeah.'

He led you onto the seat, 'Y-You look p-perfect in your dress. I'll go pay for it now. You can change to your usual clothes.'

Daehyun's POV:
She blushed just now! Is she blushing because she likes me too? Or is it because my heart was beating too furiously that she actually heard it? Is she embarrassed by my heartbeat? Arggghh. These questions wouldn't stop haunting my mind!

Your POV:
I wonder if he saw me blushing just now. I hope not. I guess we're going back home now. Oh well, this is not a date. I was just being foolish, wishing it would be.

After you were done with the changing, you walked outta the dressing room awkwardly.  

'Daehyun? I'm done.' You looked around the shop to search for his presence.

'Really? Okay then. Let's go back home. Where's your house? I'll walk you home.' The corner of his lips hooked themselves to your heart. 

You blinked at him, surprised, 'Naah, it's okay. You don't have to.'

He grabbed your wrist and laughed, 'You don't have to be shy. I'm not gonna you or something. I'm just walking you home. Besides, I have to know your address to pick you up before the ball night.'

*Ahhh. So that's the reason* You nodded in agreement or to be more precise, disappointment.

[AT THE FRONT OF YOU AND L.JOE'S HOUSE]

'I'll be getting in now. Thanks for the gown and for walking me home tonight.' You had a genuine smile on your face and Daehyun was dumbfounded.

'Y-You're welcome.' He stammered. 

When you were about to turn around and walk to the porch, Daehyun pressed your head against his chest and kissed your temple. You could vividly hear his heart pounding really fast. Just then, L.Joe opened the door and was flabbergasted to see him hugging you. He couldn't move a single limb of his to stop this and he didn't know why. Because of anger? Sorrow? Shock? Maybe it's a combination of everything.

You didn't notice that L.Joe was standing right at the door staring at you and Daehyun. You shyly waved at Daehyun, 'Bye, see you. And thanks again for the gown to the ball night.'

L.Joe's POV:
Ball night? You accepted his request, didn't you, Kim_______? And why did you let him kiss you on the temple? You should have 
hit him because of that but you didn't. A-Are you in love with him?

L.Joe immediately shut the door as he didn't want you to notice that he has watched the whole romance scene of yours. Colour was drained from his face and he looked deathly pale just by knowing the fact you've fallen for Daehyun and the fact that it's a wrong decision to have studied in Korea.

[JIYEON'S HOUSE]

'I'm not gonna let you have him, Kim ________!' Jiyeon clenched her fist. She was apparently agitated and infuriated.

[Flashback]

Jiyeon was actually tailing you and Daehyun to the infirmary. She hated when Daehyun stared at you deeply. She hated that she wasn't the one helping Daehyun with his wound, but you, YOU, a nobody. She hated that she had an instinct that Daehyun actually likes you.

[End of Flashback]

A tear trickled down Jiyeon's cheek, 'You think I actually wanted to be your friend, huh? You are wrong, KIM ________! It's just a plan of mine. You ain't going to the ball, never, unless you change your partner, Daehyun!'

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Jiyeon isn't mean.  ;AAA;
I was just looking for someone to act as that evil and mean character. Jiyeon was the only one that I could think of 'cause she's my ultimate bias. ㅋㅋ