Chapter 7

My Brother's Girlfriend

"Happy Birthday!" shouts came from all around as the door opened and DongHae's shocked face greeted us. We all clapped and cheered for a couple seconds before he broke out into a huge smile, from cheek to cheek, and walked in with confidence. He went around thanking everyone for coming then he finally came up to KangIn, TaeYeon, and I. 

"Did you guys plan this?" His smile grew even larger as we nodded. "I'd expect TaeYeon, but LeeTeuk?" My arm swung to his his face but he ducked in time and laughed loudly.

"Shut up and enjoy the party." Not being able to stay mad, we separated so he could talk to his other friends as well. The whole time, I couldn't help but shoot glances at TaeYeon. She looked out of place- lonely, even."Drink?" I offered TaeYeon who was standing awkwardly in the corner of the room as KangIn went to talk to his old friends. She took the cup without hesitation and managed out a small 'thanks'. "You should go talk to them, you're fun to be with." I took a quick peek at her face again. It was pale, as per usual, but had a different slight tone to it,. She was biting her beautiful pink lips nervously.

"I'm scared, haha." TaeYeon simply shrugged her shoulders and glanced around. "I'm like, the only girl with no one to talk with. Everyone knows each other, while I'm just here." She turned at my sigh. "What?" My eyes rolled at her.

"What am I then?" Her eyebrow rose and I quickly added, "And KangIn, too."

"I know, I know. It's not the same." Her cheeks puffed out and a pout formed again. God, you have got to stop before I... Never mind.

"Hey," I grabbed the closet girl to me and pulled her over. "Here's someone new." Jessica shot an icy glare at me then looked at TaeYeon. 'Who's this?' she mouthed but I ignored it.

"LeeTeuk!" she hissed. Then TaeYeon spoke on my behalf, "Sorry, LeeTeuk's a bit crazy sometimes."

"Oh I know," Jessica responded, "I've known him for a while. Sorry, my name's Jessica. Yours?" TaeYeon introduced her self with a 90 degree bow. I chuckled knowing that she was older than her. "Oh, TaeYeon? LeeTeuk's said a lot abo-" My hand cupped before anything else leaked out of . 

"A lot about you and KangIn, aha..ha." My cheeks burned in embarrassment but TaeYeon didn't seem to notice. I released Jessica and backed up. "Good luck." I whispered in TaeYeon's ear before disappearing in the crowd again, letting them get to know each other. Now what? The door knocked loudly and I walked quickly towards it. "Welcome to the party, may I take your coa-" My words stopped short when the girl in front of me grinned widely.

"Oppa! I'm here!" Her voice sliced the relaxed atmosphere. "I missed you!" You're joking. Right? Why? "Why aren't you taking my coat? Oppa?" She tilted her head ever so familiar from before. A groan slipped from my teeth.

"Why are you here, it's invites only." The anger in me boiled. I was not expecting my ex to come. Anyone but her.

"Excuse me?" Her snobby voice came out, "We've known each other for how long?"

"That doesn't mean anything. You're not part of the welcome list, good-bye." My arms reached out to push her away so I could shut the door, but she caught them and pulled me to her, making our faces only inches apart. A lump entered my throat and wouldn't go away, no matter how many times I tried to swallow it down.

"Listen now, alright? Shut up, and let me in." She whispered in my ear. "Or else someone will get hurt."

My heart raced quickly. I don't want DongHae to have a crappy party because of us... "Okay, just keep your mouth shut and leave quickly." I managed to snake out of her grasp before she could say anything else. This is going to be a long night. My eyes wandered aimlessly, searching for something, anything. But, I knew inside exactly what I was searching for. My eyes caught her deep red hair in the left side of the room. My legs paced itself there. I knew that I had no reason to approach her again, but I felt the need to. I was couple feet from her, still in the mix of the crowd and I saw her laugh beautifully. Her teeth showing and dimple hard against her cheek. Seems like she was getting along well with Jessica. I was finally next to her and smirked as she glanced up with the childish smile ever. 

"You got to be friends quickly!" My eyes glanced to Jessica, but she was not who I was looking for. "No. No way." The girl - more like devil - next to me had an evil smile plastered on her face. 

"Well, we meet yet again." I could practically feel the evil seeping out . A cloud of darkness was admitting from her.

"Again, we do." Unwillingly, my body turned to face both of them.

"You guys know each other?" Her smile faded ever so slightly. "Oh right, of course. You invited her, what am I saying?"

"I didn't invite her. I wish she would've never shown up." TaeYeon face glanced at both our faces as we exchanged death glares. She had the look of curiosity burning in her face. While the taller girl across from her smirked even wider.

"TaeYeon, meet my ex. Im YoonA.