Chapter 2

My Brother's Girlfriend

 

"Hey, where's your friend?" My voice was barely heard despite the fact that I was shouting at the tiny blonde girl next to EunHyuk. 
"She's in the washroom, she'll be out in a second!" I heard her call back.

They both left to get a drink for themselves and they told me to stay put. Yeah, sure, because I'm going to be able to find a girl that I've never seen before in a room full of people. Genius. My eyes glanced around the room, picking out no one in her not-so-descriptive description of her friend. Okay, cool. I just have to find a short Korean girl in this club. Not a big deal at all. Apparently, I'll know when I see her. Right. A small hand reached for the back of my jacket and pulled. I turned around to face a short girl looking down. Was this her? Clearly, she didn't like this loud environment like me. "Hey, you wanna get outta this crowd?" I yelled loudly, hoping she'd hear me.

"Yeah, let's go." She glanced up at me and shut .

You can't be serious. "TaeYeon?"

 

--

 

11:34pm, 

26 more minutes.

11:41pm,

19 more minutes.

11:52pm,

8 more minutes.

11:59pm,

1 more minute.

12:00am

 

"Why isn't he home yet?" I wondered out loud. "He said back before 12, it's already 12. Where is he? Should I call him? I'm going to to call him, where's the phone?" My hand reached for the phone.

"Relax, hyung." DongHae chuckled as he snatched the phone out of the stand and hid it behind his back. "He's obviously not going to be here right on time. I mean, it's Kang In. He hasn't had a date since... Well, you know. Just let him have fun."
"Yeah, I guess." Sighing, my back rested against the couch again, trying to forget about Kang In and his date. Yet, my eyes never left the clock. I couldn't bring myself to tear them away from the minute hand. He'll be back soon. I'm sure of it.

 

43 minutes later, keys chimed from the other side of the door and the door knob twisted roughly. Expecting her with him, I sat up and stared intently at the door. Of course, he came in empty sided and shut the door behind him, kicking his boots off to the side as per usual.

"Where is she?" What a stupid question. 

"I dropped her off at her place... Why, did you expect me to bring her back? I'm not that type of guy, bro." He grinned as he put his coat on the rack. "Were you waiting for me? Sorry I'm late."

"No, no... It's fine. I was just watching the news." Nonchalantly, I shrugged and fell back into the couch.

"...The TV's not on, but alright." Crap. "I'm going to bed, see you tomorrow." Before he entered his room, I asked him how his date was. "Oh, it was okay. She's great to be around, but not really my type. We're going out next week so we'll see." He shrugged and closed the door.

 

Not his type? How could she not be his type. She was so pretty.  Well, who knows...? Maybe she's cute but dull and I was over thinking about her. Probably never going to see her ever again, what am I even thinking? I laughed to myself and got up to get ready for bed.

 

 

Little did I know that she'd change everything in a small matter of time.

In two weeks time, things had changed.

The weather had dropped down drastically, even colder than years before. I felt as if it'd be snowing soon. Maybe it was just me, but I was freezing every time I went out. Almost all the leaves had fallen and it was rarely sunny out. I never went out - besides work, of course. So going out for me would be a challenge.

 

"Yo, LeeTeuk." EunHyuk roared through the phone, "You busy later?"

"Not that I know of, why?"

"Party at the club. 7 sharp, you down?"

"Eh, I'm not too sure... I mean, I just got out of a relationshi-"

"Oh my, gosh. Don't use that excuse again. It's been two months, get over her. See, here. Find a new chick tonight and you'll be fine, okay? I'll pick you up at 6:30, you better be ready."

"But, Eun-" 

 

The dial tone rang in my ears. Moron. I really was dreading to go out. It was so cold and pitch black out. It was around 6 and I knew that if I wasn't downstairs by the time he was here, hell would break loose and I wouldn't want to get him mad. I swore under my breath as I walked to the washroom. He owes me.

Quickly taking a hot shower, I threw on a leather jacket with a white v neck underneath, a pair of black jeans, and a pair of converse. Whatever, good enough. And of course, right at 6:45, a silver Ferrari met me at the door. EunHyuk loved his cars, for sure. But he was always late for things. It took thirty minutes to get to the club, but with this, it'd take 15.  "Wow, will we be at the club on time for once?"

"It started already, actually. I had no idea, but oh well." He grinned while he adjusted his sunglasses. There's not even a hint of sunlight, but I shrugged and buckled up. Halfway there, EunHyuk turned down the stereo. "Hey, listen," I glanced over at him, "I got a date, name's HyoYeon." EunHyuk lips twitched to a half smile then continued, "She's bringing her friend with her, so you're gonna chill with her tonight, 'kay?"

"Aw, I don't know, EunHyuk. I mean," He shushed me and rejected everything I said. "Fine. Her name?" EunHyuk said he didn't know and I laughed, "Awesome."

"Relax, I'm sure you're going to have a blast. You're so charming too I bet you'll leave with a girlfriend."

"Please," I laughed as we arrived at the club,

 

"What are the chances of that happening?"